Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 04-16-2019, 10:47 PM   #41
joehart
All Star Starter

Strangely, I have seen Clemens get hit hard quite a few times in these lower leagues. I expected total domination but instead he was responsible for 5-6 runs against very weak competition.

He may become part of the bullpen down the road once I add some top pitching.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 11:26 PM   #42
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
Your team is the first that I have come to that matches and even exceeds my defense at several positions. I went for a little more offense I think in the OF than you so far.. But, we are both still building. We both will challenge for some of the Gold Gloves

I still have not decided what I want to do with my outfield. I think I may need to trade in some defense down the road. I still would love to have DiMaggio and CarlY on the team. Maybe I settle for the 98/99 cards that offer a combination of both.
I will keep an eye on your team too. Always lots of new ideas and interesting classic players.

Update:
Finally invested some of my points to pick up 4 new players:
Carl Yastrzemski 100 - some needed LHB offense
Arky Vaughan 98 - another LHB that can play several infield positions with a defense in the mid-80s.
Gooden 100 - trying to bring up my Ks a bit more. My team was just 20th in the league. He will probably stay until a perfect Cy/Pedro/Walter Johnson falls into my hands.
Lefty Grove 100 - He will be my long-term left handed pitcher on the team (128 Stuff, 76 Movement, 80 Control).

Last edited by joehart; 04-17-2019 at 01:51 AM.
Old 04-17-2019, 01:35 AM   #43
joehart
All Star Starter

Here is a quick recap of our latest standings:

AC West:
I hope you are all following this one. The McLean Scots took over the division and pushed the Meltdown and Dragons into a tie for 2nd.
This division has some great drama and another team just 4.5 games behind (Bludhaven Robins).

AC Central:
The Base Thieves separated themselves from the Florida Phoenix and Central Falcons.
While they have a comfortable 6 game lead, they will have to face the Falcons 6 times tomorrow.

AC East:
The Keystone Perfectos sit in first place but both the Arex X Alchemists and New York Titans are
within striking distance. Good luck to both teams.
It would be nice to see the Titans make the playoffs again.

AC Wild card:
At this point, the AC West is trying to send 3 teams to the playoffs. All
other teams are already 3 or more games behind.

NC West:
The Rocky Point Zorros continue to be the dominant team in the league.
They have a 39-15 record (.722) with both division rivals falling further behind.
Both the Hagerstown Suns and Barely Legal Jesus team had a rough L10 (3-7) but have the roster
to turn things around.

NC Central:
The Cincinnati Redlegs finally separated themselves by 3 games.
I believe the Suns were on top of the division earlier in the day but dropped after going just 4-6 in the last
ten games. Good luck tomorrow.

NC East:
Playoff finalists Oaklands Keys are in the top spot with the San Diego Chargers just one game behind.
The Zorros better prepare themselves to face one of these teams in the conference finals.
Unfortunately all other teams have been pushed out of contention.

NC Wild card:
San Diego Chargers hold the top spot with the Hagerstons Suns in the second wild card spot.

I am still shocked that the Barely Legal team continues to be outside of the playoffs.
However, as the team with the most Perfect League wins (4), I am sure they will find a way to move up
and secure a spot in the playoffs for a 19th time.
At this point, only the Zorros team has made the playoffs 19 times (won 3 titles).
Base Thieves are third with 17 playoff appearances and 3 titles.

On another note, we have two players with 15 Home Runs (Nap Lajoie in the American league and Mike Trout in the National League).
Wade Boggs has a great .393 batting average in the National League.

The Top pitching WAR score goes to John Smoltz (2.6) and Mike Scott (2.4) in the American league while Kevin Brown (3.2) and Red Ruffing (3.0) hold the top
spots in the National league. Very interesting !!!!
Attached Images

Last edited by joehart; 04-17-2019 at 01:40 AM.
Old 04-17-2019, 02:38 AM   #44
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
I still have not decided what I want to do with my outfield. I think I may need to trade in some defense down the road. I still would love to have DiMaggio and CarlY on the team. Maybe I settle for the 98/99 cards that offer a combination of both.
I will keep an eye on your team too. Always lots of new ideas and interesting classic players.

Update:
Finally invested some of my points to pick up 4 new players:
Carl Yastrzemski 100 - some needed LHB offense
Arky Vaughan 98 - another LHB that can play several infield positions with a defense in the mid-80s.
Gooden 100 - trying to bring up my Ks a bit more. My team was just 20th in the league. He will probably stay until a perfect Cy/Pedro/Walter Johnson falls into my hands.
Lefty Grove 100 - He will be my long-term left handed pitcher on the team (128 Stuff, 76 Movement, 80 Control).

How long did you have to save up your points to be able to buy those?
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 03:04 AM   #45
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
How long did you have to save up your points to be able to buy those?
We (mostly my kids pulling the cards) had some luck along the way and got some good players (Gehrig100) that we sold at the very beginning for 350K.

I wanted to wait another few weeks before getting my pitchers but my fingers got too trigger happy. Bad mistake...I am sure I will regret it.

Unfortunately, we missed out on our Honus Wagner100 sale. Someone sold him for 1 million points at the very beginning before his value dropped a lot.That would have taken care of a lot more.

Initially, I had no intention to jump in early but if you get lucky very early, you can sell at a very high prize and then try to wait until the AH is filled with players and everything drops to a more reasonable rate.
Example, we sold Randy100 (top45 pitcher) for 150K.
Gooden (top30 pitcher) is available for about 1/2 that prize.
Down the road, I am sure you can get him for 40-50K.

Last edited by joehart; 04-17-2019 at 03:16 AM.
Old 04-17-2019, 07:50 AM   #46
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Standings after day two
Attached Images
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 07:54 AM   #47
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Here is a quick recap of our latest standings:

AC West:
I hope you are all following this one. The McLean Scots took over the division and pushed the Meltdown and Dragons into a tie for 2nd.
This division has some great drama and another team just 4.5 games behind (Bludhaven Robins).

AC Central:
The Base Thieves separated themselves from the Florida Phoenix and Central Falcons.
While they have a comfortable 6 game lead, they will have to face the Falcons 6 times tomorrow.

AC East:
The Keystone Perfectos sit in first place but both the Arex X Alchemists and New York Titans are
within striking distance. Good luck to both teams.
It would be nice to see the Titans make the playoffs again.

AC Wild card:
At this point, the AC West is trying to send 3 teams to the playoffs. All
other teams are already 3 or more games behind.

NC West:
The Rocky Point Zorros continue to be the dominant team in the league.
They have a 39-15 record (.722) with both division rivals falling further behind.
Both the Hagerstown Suns and Barely Legal Jesus team had a rough L10 (3-7) but have the roster
to turn things around.

NC Central:
The Cincinnati Redlegs finally separated themselves by 3 games.
I believe the Suns were on top of the division earlier in the day but dropped after going just 4-6 in the last
ten games. Good luck tomorrow.

NC East:
Playoff finalists Oaklands Keys are in the top spot with the San Diego Chargers just one game behind.
The Zorros better prepare themselves to face one of these teams in the conference finals.
Unfortunately all other teams have been pushed out of contention.

NC Wild card:
San Diego Chargers hold the top spot with the Hagerstons Suns in the second wild card spot.

I am still shocked that the Barely Legal team continues to be outside of the playoffs.
However, as the team with the most Perfect League wins (4), I am sure they will find a way to move up
and secure a spot in the playoffs for a 19th time.
At this point, only the Zorros team has made the playoffs 19 times (won 3 titles).
Base Thieves are third with 17 playoff appearances and 3 titles.

On another note, we have two players with 15 Home Runs (Nap Lajoie in the American league and Mike Trout in the National League).
Wade Boggs has a great .393 batting average in the National League.

The Top pitching WAR score goes to John Smoltz (2.6) and Mike Scott (2.4) in the American league while Kevin Brown (3.2) and Red Ruffing (3.0) hold the top
spots in the National league. Very interesting !!!!
Damn,I did not see this before I posted the standings. Sorry. A great summary again. I love it when you do this. Fun reading.
Old 04-17-2019, 08:04 AM   #48
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post

I wish Zorro would give it up and put a team over there with us,
I will move over in OOTP 21. I built this team and now it is playing against all the great teams in the league to see what it can do. That is what I wanted from the start and now I get a year of it. I will rebuild a new team in the next edition and start all over again. Right now I am having so much fun testing this team. I really thought we would have more Championships at this point. But there are so many great teams out there. I still have time to get my 10 but it is not as easy as I hoped. Lol. I am now fighting the Seattle Base Thieves every season and are currently tied with them at 3 Perfects. That alone makes my quest for 10 even harder. 😨
Old 04-17-2019, 08:08 AM   #49
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Even more weird...what if they don't make the playoffs this year?
They are currently two games back in the wild card.
I can only hope. Lol. I do not stack up well against them.Last season they won the series from me but I beat them in the Playoffs. This season they are 5-1 against me and have 13 more against them. 😱 I really do not want to have to go through them at the playoffs.
Old 04-17-2019, 08:11 AM   #50
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWR View Post
Looks like I'm still tied with my father in record, despite my team being free. This amuses me. Thanks for the updates Zorro
Keep it up and take him out my friend.😁
Old 04-17-2019, 08:18 AM   #51
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Joe, Thank you again for your summaries. They are soooo good and it gets me into the league even more. Great fun my friend and sooo good. 😁👍
Old 04-17-2019, 08:32 AM   #52
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

This is killing me keeping Willie Mays (My hero) on the reserve list but I am afraid to mess with our chemistry. Right now we are playing well and I am afraid to mess with that. I wanted to put him in left field against left hand pitchers but Cleon Jones is batting .302 in that role and I cannot find a reason to remove him as yet. I know the math would be with me but we are winning and Jones is holding his position well as far as the bat goes. I am just waiting for that losing streak or that cold spell Jones will hit but so far neither has happened enough to remove him. We are only 6-5 against lefties but It is not Jones fault and I do not want to remove the glove in CF of Maddox or waste Mays at First Base. Besides, Guerrero is having a off year but he has always been our leader throughout the years so he stays in place no matter what. That only leaves RF and Betts is batting .321 with a lot of clutch hits soooooo........Mays stays on the reserve roster a little longer.
Old 04-17-2019, 08:37 AM   #53
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

Well as expected, we are fading. We are pitching just fine (better than I honestly expected), but as expected our offense is crap.

Wish Bob Gibson would step it up though, I've been tempted to sell him off so many times but its even harder now to replace his talent than it was before sooo he stays and we hope for him to return to expected performance.
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 08:42 AM   #54
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

The Seattle Base Thieves Who usually start off slow lately have changed that trend and lead their Division by 6 games. In the last couple of seasons they have been the best team by far in the second half of the season so look out league. They are the Defending Champion and nothing seems to show that they won’t do it again. Zorro would love to meet them in the Championship Series (Be careful Z what you wish for) Not only would that be a lot of fun but it would also be The Base Thieves going for a repeat along with seeing who would get their 4th Championship. To far off to be real but it does sound like a lot of fun. 😁
Old 04-17-2019, 08:48 AM   #55
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well as expected, we are fading. We are pitching just fine (better than I honestly expected), but as expected our offense is crap.

Wish Bob Gibson would step it up though, I've been tempted to sell him off so many times but its even harder now to replace his talent than it was before sooo he stays and we hope for him to return to expected performance.
Even with a very high ERA (For him) he is 5-3 which tells me he is a winner that keeps the teams close when he pitches. He has to be gutting out some wins because if all your pitchers were 5-3 you would be killing that Division. Cincinnati unfortunately is a very good team that won 95 games last season so that makes you job even tougher. But I am rooting for you .(Unless you are playing me of course.&#128513
Old 04-17-2019, 09:01 AM   #56
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Actually as a free team with your first year in perfect you are doing quite well. I have seen Champions of the Diamond come in here on their first year and they get relegated right off. We had one last year go down big time. So you are holding your own , Which does not surprise me. I have always respected your management ability.
Old 04-17-2019, 09:46 AM   #57
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

As Joe has stated in his wonderful report we have 2 leaders in Home Runs with 15. That is on a pace for 45, Three short of the record 48. I have been dying to have someone challenge that record in the perfect league but it seems very hard to do. As Kushiel has explained in another post that the pitching in the perfect league is very tough. Kushiel even owns a perfect Babe Ruth who has hit in the 40s a few seasons and has a high of 47. If anyone is to challenge that record it seems it would be him. But unfortunately he is not in this league and I only count records here where I can see them. To show you how hard that is to do the Zorros who have been in the perfect league for 16 seasons now(This is their 16th) best season record for individual home run honors is 30 hit last season by Barry Bonds. In this league that record of 48 could last a long long time unless a Perfect Ruth comes into our league and has a career season. If that ever happens it would be so much fun to watch. Until then I will pray that Lajoie Or Trout (The current leaders) will get hot and give us a real thrill.
Old 04-17-2019, 10:03 AM   #58
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

It’s going on 10am est and you know what that means,

It’s time for Zorro Base Ball. Good morning everyone and a pleasant morning to you wherever you may be. Pull up a chair and sit awhile with us as we try to improve on our 6 game lead in the NC West Division. Hagerstown who made the playoffs for the first time in 5 years with a 88-74 record last season is trying to better that this season. The big surprise for me (And a happy one) is Barely Legal so far. They are sitting at 29-24 and 9 games behind Rocky Point and more surprising 3 out for a Wild Card spot. They are to good for that to hold up. As Joe has stated in his report they have won 4 Perfect Championships and have missed the playoffs only once in their a lustrous career. They also know how to beat the Zorros winning 5 out of 6 so far this season so the Zorros are hoping their skid continues. Well let’s get started as we continue our 10 game road trip with 2 more at first place McLean Scots and 4 more at the Ahwatukee Snowbirds. So far we are 4-0 on this trip. So go grab a cup of coffee and join us on our journey to overthrow the Base Thieves and become Champions of P412.
Old 04-17-2019, 11:28 AM   #59
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

After Jones made a error in left field that almost cost the Zorros a game he went to the GM and said, “All I care about is winning, So I will step down to the reserve roster to let Willie Mays start in LF against lefties. He gives us a better chance to win and bring the Championship back to Rocky Point.” Zorro said After he heard that “That is the kind of Rocky Point player we want in our organization. I will double his salary and put his kids through college.” So here we go. Willie Mays has joined the big league clubs active roster.
Old 04-17-2019, 11:58 AM   #60
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

that turn of events seems unlikely
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote