Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 06-17-2017, 12:10 AM   #41
outrider64
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Has anyone chimed in on how some of the other games handle warming up pitchers? Strat, Action Pc, Diamond Mind etc.? If so, how do they differ from the way OOTP does it? Just curious.
In Action PC when playing with warming up relievers it takes 2 batters for a pitcher to be ready. Pitchers may warm-up in the bullpen as often as you like. However, each warm-up session reduces the number of pitches the pitcher may throw in the game.

When the reliever warming up is ready and not brought into the game exclamation marks appear beside his name in the bullpen window and I believe after 3 exclamation marks he will be tired.

In Diamond Mind Baseball this is directly from the manual:

A relief pitcher must be warmed up for two batters before he is at full strength. If he is brought into the game before he is ready, he is not at his best for the first batter or two.

A pitcher who warms up four or more times in a game will be tired when he enters the game.

At the end of a half-inning, any pitcher who was warming up for the defensive team sits down while his team is at bat.

At the end of a half-inning, any pitcher who was warming up for the offensive team continues to warm up. This pitcher is available to be brought in during the team's defensive half-inning.

The time between half-innings counts as one batter faced for determining whether the pitcher is warm enough. This applies only to pitchers who are warming up for the offensive team, since the defensive team's pitchers automatically sit at the end of each half-inning.

If a pitcher is injured, the warm-up rules do not apply. Any pitcher may be brought in, and is given enough time to warm up properly.

These rules mean that you must think ahead. If you want to bring in a new pitcher for the next inning, you must warm him up while your team is at bat. While on defense, you must think at least two batters ahead. And you cannot warm pitchers up all the time, just in case, without tiring out your staff.

Not sure about Strat. I don't think there is an option for warming a reliever, but pitcher fatigue is based on which "rules" settings are used ie: Advanced, Super Advanced or Maximum.
outrider64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 01:57 AM   #42
rutbunch
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Braves system seems to get quite a few adjustments, which is nice. Allard isn't doomed to struggle in rookie now (he's killing it in AA IRL). Kyle Lewis also seems to have gotten a massive talent bump, easily the best pick in the draft now. Thanks for the work you guys put in!
rutbunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 03:24 AM   #43
HerbD
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmame View Post
Huh. Someone didn't review the source material!

The thread is clearly in favor of changing the current system to make it more realistic by at least 60/40 and that's a conservative estimate.

I am looking forward to see what tweak they have made to the UI to try and address this issue. Hopefully it'll be an improvement in that it's a step towards more realistic bullpen management/warmup stamina.
My source material is this thread which you hijacked. Even then your 60/40 math is flawed as you are counting only those that have responded in that particular thread. If you count the thousands of other customers that did not reply in that thread as being satisfied either with the feature as it is or satisfied with the reasoning for not changing the feature as you requested then its more like 99/1 for leaving it as is.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
Old 06-17-2017, 07:32 AM   #44
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

Very much appreciate the team’s work on this.

I will say that my current Standard Game looks a heck of a lot like where things are currently in real life, from player performance, to the overall standings. So whatever ratings adjustments were made with this roster update, it seems things prior were already darn good; now just even better!

Thanks guys,

-Cal

Last edited by Calvert98; 06-17-2017 at 07:33 AM.
Calvert98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 08:44 AM   #45
royalblue5
All Star Reserve

Having difficulty extracting the .wtp file on my mac, any ideas?

Disregard, I'm quite possibly a moron!

Last edited by royalblue5; 06-17-2017 at 08:57 AM.
royalblue5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 10:22 AM   #46
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Also does it include all Draft Picks and will option to sign all Draft Picks to a contract be coming and contact with Minor League Team to or even MILB Evolution. Does also include Injured List/Rosters up to date and maybe a Saved Game that's starts after Draft with updated Standings/Stats?
Old 06-17-2017, 10:29 AM   #47
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

Please stop owners from talking about making the playoffs when the league has no playoffs!

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 12:22 PM   #48
Airdrop01
All Star Starter

Quote:
Head meet desk.

Is this a sim (remember what that means - short for "simulator") or an XBox game? Again - PITCHERS DON'T GET TIRED IN THE BULLPEN IRL BASEBALL!

Did you guys even read this thread? Good Lord. There have been several suggestions as to how to address this (including have bullpen coach sit them down automatically after a set period) but removing part of baseball strategy (deciding when to warm up whom) IS NOT A VIABLE SOLUTION and a large faction of your customer base has made that clear already!

Don't justify this flawed, unrealistic feature.

Fix.
It.

Let it go, man.

My wager is the new feature has something to do with seeing when other team is warming a guy up or something. If so, that is SWEET.
Old 06-17-2017, 01:12 PM   #49
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Royce Lewis isn't on Twins.
Old 06-17-2017, 01:21 PM   #50
cwil2933
Bat Boy

Pre-draft? Why is Matt Adams still on the Cardinals? He has been on the Braves for over a month. What Changes were made from this roster and the opening day rosters?
cwil2933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 02:00 PM   #51
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
Royce Lewis isn't on Twins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwil2933 View Post
Pre-draft? Why is Matt Adams still on the Cardinals? He has been on the Braves for over a month. What Changes were made from this roster and the opening day rosters?
They're still the opening day rosters. We never officially release updated rosters throughout the year, though we usually release them as a mod a bit later in the summer. The changes are to draft prospects and ratings and some international league and indy league transactions.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 02:37 PM   #52
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

They easy to update MLB Roster to today and get Draft Picks on Teams that Drafted them but then in a couple of Months got to the remove the Guys who didn't sign and put them back in next Years Draft..
Old 06-17-2017, 05:21 PM   #53
flatjacket1
Bat Boy

Quote:
As is obvious from the above, you did not read the thread. Or if you did, you chose to ignore some of the VERY POINTS that were made for your "arguments" above. Terribly weak.

Here's a suggestion - reach out to Curt Schilling. He can be the judge on this. I'm sure he still plays, hopefully this version, and can speak with the highest level of authority on this.

Question being: is the current way in which warmups are currently handled in OOTP realistic in that a pitcher warming up throws and throws and throws and throws, unabated, until he gets tired out. THAT'S what your current system does and that's just not baseball. It's just not. It is, in a word, wrong.

Ask him to review the thread and make a recommendation. I'm guessing he may get a kick out being asked to chime in to boot.

Whatever my sports hero says goes - fair enough?

Otherwise, I'll just have to presume from the evidence given that OOTP has started the downward spiral that inevitably comes when a company gets too large for its own good - ignoring its customer base because it simply wants to do things a certain way, plebes be damned.
Sim or not, warmup pitches do use energy and it is a thing that guys in real life will be left too long and come out flat.

In other MLB games (The show, and other sims) it works the same. Guys who are forgotten in the bullpen and end up throwing warmup pitches will eventually get tired.

Ask Curt if he threw better after throwing 100 warmup pitches I bet the answer is no...
flatjacket1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 08:38 PM   #54
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Blah debating whether or not to start my new Tigers save right now or wait til the next patch
wallewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 08:54 PM   #55
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallewalls View Post
Blah debating whether or not to start my new Tigers save right now or wait til the next patch
If it helps, there should be lots more good stuff in the next patch. I'm hard at work on it even as we speak

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 09:05 PM   #56
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
If it helps, there should be lots more good stuff in the next patch. I'm hard at work on it even as we speak
Ik that in the long run of my save it will probably be best to wait until the patch, and I'm confident that this patch will be great, so I shall wait!

Man, it's like release week all over again though
wallewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 09:16 PM   #57
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Are we looking at Monday/Tuesday or late next week?

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 09:54 PM   #58
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
WE don't need Schilling for anything. Just say "I"
Final point to this pitcher thing is....If you going to warm up a pitcher, pay attention.
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 10:08 PM   #59
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

One last question..

Will the changes being made for this patch excluding the roster changes require a fresh start for them to be implemented?

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 06:48 AM   #60
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

rarely... i wouldn't want to say never or never has

you should only have to restart to use new roster sets for the most part. especially 1/2-way through release period, or howeve someone wishes to describe it.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote