Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2016 > MLBM 2016 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

MLBM 2016 - General Discussions Talk about MLB Manager 2016, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android

Old 04-18-2016, 11:22 AM   #1
Ithinkiamjoseph
Bat Boy

AI very unrealistic at times

Huge fan of the game and play it a ton. I wish there was at least a few new features to the 16 version though. Dying for iCloud saves and player editor.

My biggest problem has always been the AI though. For the most part the results are realistic, but there are a few things that happen that make no sense.

My biggest gripes are that wild pitches happen far too frequently. There's like 1-2 every game. Walks are way too frequent as well. No matter who is pitching my team will rack up like 7 walks a game. I could throw out Kershaw or Kimbrel and almost always they will walk people a lot.

Also, pitchers bat like .300 against me. I frequently see pitchers get singles doubles and home runs. Also, people with an insanely low speed rating constantly can score from 1st on a double.

I love the game, but run in to these issues a ton. Keep up the good work. Also, IPad Pro support would be nice. Last update didn't fix it for me.
Ithinkiamjoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 11:40 AM   #2
phillupi
All Star Reserve

Player editor has been there since 2015

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
phillupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 05:08 PM   #3
Ithinkiamjoseph
Bat Boy

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle. It is. It's under "view" instead of "action" which is odd. But right on. That's awesome.

Still wish the AI would be a bit more realistic at times though. Every pitcher still averages around 5-6 walks a game no matter how good they are. Pitchers still score from 1st on doubles with a low speed rating.

Still addicted to this game though. I just would love to see it be even better. Keep killing it!
Old 04-19-2016, 06:21 AM   #4
phillupi
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithinkiamjoseph View Post
Well I'll be a monkey's uncle. It is. It's under "view" instead of "action" which is odd. But right on. That's awesome.

Still wish the AI would be a bit more realistic at times though. Every pitcher still averages around 5-6 walks a game no matter how good they are. Pitchers still score from 1st on doubles with a low speed rating.

Still addicted to this game though. I just would love to see it be even better. Keep killing it!

Check your strategy. Maybe too aggressive on Base Running, Pitching Around and Intentional Walks. Or cutting down Frequency might help.
phillupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 05:46 PM   #5
Ithinkiamjoseph
Bat Boy

No, definitely not that. Example: Kershaw just walked 6 against me the other day. Really? Kershaw walking 6? This happens regularly with top level pitchers. There's also like 2-3 wild pitches a game no matter who is pitching.

Just seems to happen a lot to me.
Old 06-23-2016, 12:12 PM   #6
legend15
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithinkiamjoseph View Post
No, definitely not that. Example: Kershaw just walked 6 against me the other day. Really? Kershaw walking 6? This happens regularly with top level pitchers. There's also like 2-3 wild pitches a game no matter who is pitching.

Just seems to happen a lot to me.
yeap! whenever I have an opposing player on 3rd base, all I keep thinking is that he WILL score on a wild pitch, happens way too often...
legend15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 07:46 PM   #7
The Game
Hall Of Famer

i'd like to see you guys post your boxscores just to see how many WP there actually are. While they do seem to come in bunches, i do not see them every game.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote