Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 12-01-2019, 10:16 AM   #1
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Awards votings/Hall of Fame voting

Does a human vote for an award pretty much ensure the voted for player wins the award?

Does a human vote for a Hall candidate ensure the players induction?

I would love to vote for awards and the Hall of Fame, but I only want to do so if my vote is simply a vote and not a 100% guaranty?
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 12:08 PM   #2
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

Human votes don't ensure anything, sadly. I've voted for a lot only to see them fall short of the required percentage for induction, for years on end.
ArcAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 12:56 PM   #3
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Your vote is worth more than 1, but it's not the be-all end-all. I like to think of it as your vote can push a player over the top, but you likely won't cause a horrible player to win.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 03:33 PM   #4
andyhdz
All Star Starter

Correct me if I'm wrong but this does not apply to manual voting for awards which gives the award to whoever you pick. Plus for HOF you can always just put them in the hof if you wish in the individual player screen.
andyhdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 11:02 PM   #5
SkoCubs
Minors (Single A)

No on HOF. Zero ideal on award voting. I’ll usually let a guy go 10 years and if he doesn’t get in but I absolutely think he’s deserving I’ll manually indict him
SkoCubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 03:28 PM   #6
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Does a human vote for an award pretty much ensure the voted for player wins the award?

Does a human vote for a Hall candidate ensure the players induction?

I would love to vote for awards and the Hall of Fame, but I only want to do so if my vote is simply a vote and not a 100% guaranty?
I do recall voting for somebody else for MVP who I thought was more worthy that year, and Dale Murphy won it. Wish I could remember who I voted for, and compare the two of them, but alas it is lost to the OOTP ether.

OOTP post re-FG IDs here: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...postcount=3198

My DB which restores Fed Leaguers here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZoN...B2GCcULxt/view

Instructions for the DB: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...07&postcount=9

actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 05:23 PM   #7
Argonaut
All Star Starter

My experience lines up with what Matt is saying. One time I forgot to do my end-of-season voting so I reloaded an old save and voted.. found out I actually pushed a couple of guys over the top.

The Hall of Fame seems harder to influence. I can have a little bit of an effect, but I've never been able to push Larry Walker up to enough support to get in. Walker is so close that I think it'd be hard to find a guy that you can push over the top to make the Hall. Maybe a guy that would get 73-74% without you, if there is such a guy.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 02:44 AM   #8
acclaim99
Major Leagues

Your vote deff seems like it's only one.

Ive voted for people I wanted to get into the hall, that only ended up with 1% of the votes.

Ive voted for mvps and awards, that only ended up with my 1 vote and were at the bottom of the award winner list.

acclaim99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 03:07 PM   #9
Dukie98
All Star Reserve

There have been several instances when I've voted for someone for MVP/ Cy Young, and mine is the only first-place vote they have received. It seems like user votes are most influential in tipping the balance in All-Star voting, but even then, it's not automatic.
Dukie98 is offline   Reply With Quote