Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - General Discussion

FHM 5 - General Discussion Talk about the 2018 version of FHM.

Old 09-25-2019, 10:38 AM   #41
Goalie39
Minors (Single A)

This!

Is it possible to add a Fictional League in the Standard Game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
Anything new with Fictional Leagues?

Will we be able to add Fictional Leagues to the modern NHL?
Goalie39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 10:59 AM   #42
pedersenk
Minors (Double A)

Dumb question, but do you guys have any screens of what the interface looks like?
pedersenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 11:23 AM   #43
Risk2014
Minors (Triple A)

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Didnt get answers for these questions? Can someone answer them?

Originally Posted by*Risk2014*

Can we control all of our minor leagues? Like set the lines? Just like OOTP?

Can we quickly in commissioner Mode change to another team and control that team?* So Basically can we have control over all NHL teams?

I love keeping my rosters for the game current that is why I use Commissioner Mode to change to another team and make trades or FA signings. Has this been incorporated in this game?
Risk2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 12:33 PM   #44
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalie39 View Post
This!

Is it possible to add a Fictional League in the Standard Game?
I was asking questions about the(Historical) WHA(and received answers) and it looks if you play it too modern times then you could have a fictional league(be it the modern WHA).
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 02:13 PM   #45
speedy_g
Bat Boy

Awesome news, I'll definitely pre-order.
Is it possible to loan players to other clubs? This is something I always missed with the older versions...
Cheers
speedy_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 03:44 PM   #46
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedersenk View Post
Dumb question, but do you guys have any screens of what the interface looks like?
Have a look on steam, there are 24 screenshots
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 05:57 PM   #47
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by krownroyal83 View Post
Have player asking prices been improved? In the past I've seen superstar players asking for unrealistic 3 year 5/6 million dollar a year contracts for example. Big immersion killer for me. It causes every team in the NHL after awhile to be well under the salary cap, thus making it way easier to build a power house team. To me one of the funnest parts of a game like this is to trying to stay competitive all the while maneuvering around the salary cap, and making those tough decisions as to who to keep and who to get rid of to stay under the cap. That and the trade engine have been my biggest issues with this franchise. That being said looking at the long list of changes and improvements, i'm excited for the first time in years so i hope i enjoy this version, since I've been dying to play a good hockey management game that is immersive and realistic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by draglikepull View Post
hmm. no answer when he answered other questions probably means no we didn't fix it the ai is still broken and you can still win stanley cups while sleeping.

If anything, what we've seen in the last month has been very interesting in the real NHL.

I have a game running at about right now. Here's what some RFA's are asking for:

Rantanen - 9.27 - 2 years
Tkachuk - 8.29 - 2 years
Point - 8.98 - 2 years
Boeser - 4.3 - 4 years
Connor - 6.1 - 2 years
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 07:19 PM   #48
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
If anything, what we've seen in the last month has been very interesting in the real NHL.

I have a game running at about right now. Here's what some RFA's are asking for:

Rantanen - 9.27 - 2 years
Tkachuk - 8.29 - 2 years
Point - 8.98 - 2 years
Boeser - 4.3 - 4 years
Connor - 6.1 - 2 years
Those look fine. It’s also worth noting that the cap doesn’t go up in the game so players can’t ask for crazy contracts so the money they are asking in the example looks fine for the term. I’d hope some RFAs sign longer deals though.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 08:58 PM   #49
DirkGildun
Minors (Single A)

As I have asked for about every previous version of FHM -- for a fictional league, will we be able to import and/or edit the league's game schedule? I believe this is the only thing that is keeping me from using FHM to play the fictional league I currently run (6 seasons of Action PC! Hockey (and counting?)).
DirkGildun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 09:42 PM   #50
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by draglikepull View Post
hmm. no answer when he answered other questions probably means no we didn't fix it the ai is still broken and you can still win stanley cups while sleeping.
Or it's answered in the list in the first post:

Quote:
-baseline salary values updated to reflect 2019-20 salary trends
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 09:59 PM   #51
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Or it's answered in the list in the first post:
Does that mean that AI teams will potentially face cap issues many seasons into a save? Such as what the Leafs are currently facing? That makes the game not only more fun and realistic but more true to real life. I think OOTPB currently does a great job with contracts, of course they don't deal with a salary cap either so in theory it's easier in a baseball sim.
Old 09-25-2019, 10:41 PM   #52
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Those look fine. It’s also worth noting that the cap doesn’t go up in the game so players can’t ask for crazy contracts so the money they are asking in the example looks fine for the term. I’d hope some RFAs sign longer deals though.
Might have to manually bump up the cap every season which will be annoying.
SirMichaelJordan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 10:49 PM   #53
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan View Post
Might have to manually bump up the cap every season which will be annoying.

I don't mind the cap not going up. I'd prefer to not anyway. 50 years into a save i'm not interested in a 250 million dollar cap and salaries reaching 100 million. I want a game where the AI is smart enough to get close to the cap without making weird moves. I want realism.
Old 09-25-2019, 11:03 PM   #54
jameslacy8
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Will we be able to download online league files in-game?
jameslacy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 12:00 AM   #55
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I don't mind the cap not going up. I'd prefer to not anyway. 50 years into a save i'm not interested in a 250 million dollar cap and salaries reaching 100 million. I want a game where the AI is smart enough to get close to the cap without making weird moves. I want realism.
Does such a sports game exist? Every sports game I've seen has poor AI roster management.
Savoie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 12:20 AM   #56
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoie45 View Post
Does such a sports game exist? Every sports game I've seen has poor AI roster management.
Out of the park baseball does a pretty good job but they they don't have to deal with a salary cap.
Old 09-26-2019, 09:02 AM   #57
Spartacus70
Minors (Double A)

A sample question

Did the 2 tactical roles, goon and enforcer, are now distinguished?
Last year theses two roles where exactly the same and irrelevants.

Last edited by Spartacus70; 09-26-2019 at 11:28 AM.
Spartacus70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 11:24 AM   #58
Bigdummie
Major Leagues

I am into game strategy watching the game, any other screenshots of the actual game play? Thanks.
Bigdummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 11:41 AM   #59
sprague
All Star Starter

I see that suspensions have been added to the game for FHM6, how about brawls- especially with historical seasons? Is that finally getting into the game or no?
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 01:54 PM   #60
clamel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
-added real staff to historical mode and various system to model them; all historical starting years should have every team with their real owner, GM, and head coach from that season; some other staff are included (particularly in more modern seasons) and the scout, assistant coach, and trainer database is continuing to be researched and expanded
Sounds good, as in OOTPB, BUT
I hope you extend it a bit to not just the Head Coaches on the teams for that season one starts in. Hopefully HC that is "frre agent" and had teams in years prio and even after the starting year is truly showing up in staff one could hire.
Glad if the "import-system" for the starting year pick those HC. It's the pool of free coaches that in baseball looks weird since most of them is fantasy coaches, which makes any new signing as a GM very weird.

If they can't be imported automatic, perhaps they could be imported as players can be in OOTPB.

If the desire is to play historical settings and move on towards today, not only players but also coaches popping up would be a very very good sight.

Last edited by clamel; 09-26-2019 at 04:39 PM.
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote