Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 05-01-2019, 02:00 PM   #1
ryan008
Hall Of Famer

Write Report to Disk Issue

Good afternoon all,

I am attempting to write the draft pool to disk so that I can copy it and paste it into excel and for some reason the entire pool doesn't show up. I've attached a pic of what I see, only a portion of the players come through. Has anyone seen this before and have a solution?

OOTP by Ryan Stewart, on Flickr
ryan008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 11:39 PM   #2
Cobby
Minors (Triple A)

When the list of players is greater than 4096 (used to be 8192 a couple of versions ago) the list displays with page selectors rather than scroll bars. When you get the dreaded page selectors then the export will only give you the first page of the list rather than the full list.

This happens based on the size of the underlying data set so that even if you use filters to get the list down under the 4096 limit, the page selectors will still be displayed.

The developers have said that they intend to fix this at some point - maybe they have? I haven't tried the latest patches yet - but I didn't see this listed as one of the changes for this latest patch or the one before.

I haven't played the game in nearly a year as I wait for this fix since I'm too invested in my spreadsheets and it's really not worth the effort to try to dig the info I need out of the database dumps.

I would really like to hear from the developers again to get some reassurance that this is still on the to-do list....
Cobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 12:53 PM   #3
Cobby
Minors (Triple A)

What I posted above was more of a general response.

In your specific case, it's unusual to have a draft pool big enough to exceed to 4096 player limit. If your draft pool really is that big, then one approach would be decrease the number of rounds or the size of your league.

If your draft pool isn't that big, there is also a setting somewhere (I think it's under "Global Settings") that has something to do with whether page selectors or scrollbars are displayed by default. Playing with this setting doesn't address the larger issue, but maybe it would help in your case if you've somehow got it set to always display page selectors over scroll bars.
Cobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 01:21 PM   #4
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

use filters to split into chunks smaller than 4096 that are mutually exclusive from each other.... like age could work, because you can use as many 'between' filters as you need.

a suggestion for future versions may exist, but bumping it can't hurt. i'd think the 'write report' should be able to do the whole thing. reasonable request and can't be that hard to do.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 10:17 PM   #5
Grumpy
Minors (Single A)

Bump
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote