Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 11-22-2014, 04:41 PM   #1
Soze
Minors (Single A)

Team option year help

How many days after receiving the "Team Option year decision needed" emails do you have to make a decision? When I try to execute the team option, I get the error message that message has expired.
Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 05:11 PM   #2
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soze View Post
How many days after receiving the "Team Option year decision needed" emails do you have to make a decision? When I try to execute the team option, I get the error message that message has expired.
Not 100% sure. What is your current game date and when did the WS finish? From that we can back calculate. It may be just a few days.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 06:40 PM   #3
Soze
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Not 100% sure. What is your current game date and when did the WS finish? From that we can back calculate. It may be just a few days.
Current game date is today, 11/22/2014, and the World Series was whenever the World Series was in real life? The deadline for free agents to file is 11/23/2014, so I was assuming you had until that date?
Old 11-22-2014, 07:45 PM   #4
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Are you getting the 'expired message' after you choose to execute/void the option (so you had the choice)? If so that is fine. Basically the message changes to 'expired' once you make your choice so it looks like you get the 'expired message' as a response to making the choice.

Check the players contract after you get that 'expired message' and see if the team option has gone away and whatever you choose is in effect.

Last edited by byzeil; 11-22-2014 at 07:48 PM.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 08:28 PM   #5
Gai1997
Major Leagues

I know once free agents file, you can't void/execute anywhere. I believe it executes it automatically once they file.

Once you choose to void or execute, it will say it is expired. It doesn't actually delete the message unless you do.
Gai1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 08:35 PM   #6
Soze
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by byzeil View Post
Are you getting the 'expired message' after you choose to execute/void the option (so you had the choice)? If so that is fine. Basically the message changes to 'expired' once you make your choice so it looks like you get the 'expired message' as a response to making the choice.

Check the players contract after you get that 'expired message' and see if the team option has gone away and whatever you choose is in effect.
I get the expired message error when I try to respond to the message either way. I received the message on 10/30. Game day is 11/22. Deadline for free agents to file is 11/23. It was my assumption that I could wait until today to respond to the message with either an execute or void option.
Old 11-22-2014, 10:23 PM   #7
Tram2Whitaker
All Star Reserve

I don't know if this applies to team option notices, since I usually make the decision right away (hence why I have team options); but when you receive a trade offer, it usually gives you a 14 day window. I'm not sure if this helps. Perhaps it will say in the original message.
Old 11-22-2014, 11:35 PM   #8
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I get the expired message error when I try to respond to the message either way. I received the message on 10/30. Game day is 11/22. Deadline for free agents to file is 11/23. It was my assumption that I could wait until today to respond to the message with either an execute or void option.
If you are trying to respond, and it is giving you the options, then it is working fine. Whichever you respond the email will immediately change to 'expired' (because you no longer have an option since you have chosen) and however you responded should be reflected in the player's contract.

Once you respond and you get the 'expired message' go to your 'salaries' page and see what it says for the player's contract.

Last edited by byzeil; 11-22-2014 at 11:38 PM.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote