Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 07-18-2019, 10:44 AM   #1
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Ready To Promote/Relegate... Need Advice

Sorry to post here, but I got no replies on the OOTP19 Discussions Forum... I figure the process is the same in both versions.

I am currently using OOTP19, but have bought OOTP20... I will convert to OOTP20 after the final patch is released... I want to make sure the version is as good as it is going to get before I use it.

Need help and advice for promotion and relegation.
I will back up my leagues before I do this.

I have two leagues that are equal... both with 10 reputation.

The manual says that one league must have a lower reputation.

Is this required for Promotion/Relegation?

Do I need to make one league a 9 instead of a 10 for this to work well?

Both of my leagues are supposed to be equal in talent and league reputation...both are rated 10 in reputation... I call them First Division and Second Division, but the First Division isn't suppose to be superior to the Second Division... that's the way I named them.

I will relegate or demote the bottom two teams in my First Division to the Second Division... and promote the top two teams in my Second Division to the First Division... I will do it manually... I was advised that it is better to do it manually rather than let the AI do it automatically.

Please advise... I don't want to mess this league up... I really enjoy it.

Would appreciate any other tips as well.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 07-18-2019 at 10:45 AM.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 11:10 AM   #2
Jamee999
All Star Reserve

I'm kind of confused by how the two leagues can be of equal strength with promotion/relegation. Even if they have equal revenues and OOTP modifiers, promoting and relegating two teams each year will necessarily make the top division better than the bottom division.
Jamee999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 11:56 AM   #3
andyhdz
All Star Starter

So you don't want a true pro/rel system with a top tier league and a lesser league that makes less money your more interested in the mechanism that moves teams between leagues. That's fine it's your game, the league reputation difference is mostly there for free agents anyways so they know where they should take their talents.
andyhdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 01:08 PM   #4
Rain King
Hall Of Famer

I don't think it is going to harm anything by promoting/relegating teams between leagues with the same reputation. The league reputation more comes into play when players are free agents.
Rain King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 01:33 PM   #5
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamee999 View Post
I'm kind of confused by how the two leagues can be of equal strength with promotion/relegation. Even if they have equal revenues and OOTP modifiers, promoting and relegating two teams each year will necessarily make the top division better than the bottom division.
So I need to make one league 10 reputation... and the other one 9 reputation.

I think you make a lot of sense.

Thank you.
Old 07-18-2019, 01:35 PM   #6
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyhdz View Post
So you don't want a true pro/rel system with a top tier league and a lesser league that makes less money your more interested in the mechanism that moves teams between leagues. That's fine it's your game, the league reputation difference is mostly there for free agents anyways so they know where they should take their talents.
Thank you... I don't play with financials... don't really need free agents... I create my own free agents in order to get a good crop of new players... the draft quality is not very good in my experience.

Appreciate your help.
Old 07-18-2019, 01:37 PM   #7
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain King View Post
I don't think it is going to harm anything by promoting/relegating teams between leagues with the same reputation. The league reputation more comes into play when players are free agents.
Thanks for the help.

Since I don't use financials... or free agency... I don't need free agents.

Much appreciate your help.
Old 07-20-2019, 02:48 PM   #8
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

All went very smoothly in the Promotion/Relegation of my two leagues.

The two worst teams in one league were demoted to the other division... and the two best teams in one division were promoted to the other division.

I kept both leagues as a 10 reputation... I don't use financials... if you use financials, you must give each league a different reputation setting.

I think I will have manually redo the league schedule.

Just triple check all of your Promotion/Relegation Settings for each league before you do it.

And BACK THEM UP, TOO!

Last edited by Eugene Church; 07-20-2019 at 02:51 PM.