Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 04-30-2019, 04:59 PM   #1
LegalEagle80
Minors (Double A)

How Do You Add a Historical Player to a Modern Game?

I know there's a way to do this, I forgot how.

Let's say I'm playing a 2019 MLB season but I want to add 19-year-old Nolan Ryan to my league. How do I do that?

1) How do I add them to the draft?
2) How do I add them to the FA list?
3) Is there a way to take the exact player but not their identity? Meaning, I can take the raw ratings of a 19-year-old Nolan Ryan but also the max potential, but I can name him Joe Smith and give him whatever physical attributes I want.
LegalEagle80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 08:30 PM   #2
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

from the manual:

"
Importing Historical Players
Commissioners have the ability to import individual historical players from the Free Agents, Draft Pool, and Show All Players pages. To import historical players, click on the Import Historical Player action button at the bottom of the page. Choose the database you wish to use. (By default, use the file historical_database.odb found in the datastats directory in your User Data location.) Then, you then go through a process very similar to that used to import an entire historical league, as described in Adding Historical Leagues.

The main difference between thisscreenand importing an entire historical league is that you must know the player's unique ID, as used in the historical database. Enter this value in the first field, and then select the other options, which are described in detail in Adding Historical Leagues.

Note: One 'trick' to finding the player's ID is to visit BaseballReference.com. Look up the player you wish to import, and then check the URL string. The player's unique ID is the portion of the file name before .shtml.

Once you are done, click Import Player to bring the player into your game. He will appear on the Free Agent screen immediately."

you can also select them to be in the draft pool. this is found on the free agent page - far right drop down menu.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 04:00 AM   #3
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Bump! Great stuff
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote