Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 05-29-2018, 06:28 PM   #1
Yankee Clipper
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Challenge Mode Request

PLEASE oh please let us change player positions in Challenge Mode.
PLEASE! I'm begging!
I've tried 6 times now to replay the 1977 season yet every single time there are players listed as pitchers and I can't use them.

I'm trying to replay 1977 Brewers however there are many position players that are listed as pitchers.
Ruppert Jones as far as I can tell never pitched
Bert Campaneris pitched in one game one inning during his 19 year career yet I can't use him at SS
Ken Reitz
Those three are just on my team. I have not looked at other teams. However every single time I play in Challenge Mode I get immersion breaking position issues.
Please let us change a player's position in Challenge Mode
I just want to replay history but I can't as each time I can't use position players in pitchers roles and vice versa.
Yankee Clipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 08:57 PM   #2
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Go to League Settings, Stats & AI tab... uncheck the box for "allow two-way players". You should be able to change a player's position in Challenge Mode. I do it all the time.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 06:14 AM   #3
Yankee Clipper
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks @Orcin but I could not find what you are talking about. I've not once seen a box to uncheck to "allow two-way players"
On the players page the position any player plays is greyed out so I can't change it.

I'm not sure why denying the manager the ability to change a players position has to be in Challenge Mode. I completely understand the concept of Challenge Mode however OOTP is going way too far with this. So frustrating....
Old 05-30-2018, 06:54 AM   #4
Reed
All Star Starter

Never played challenge mode but in regular game go to stats & AI tab, half way down on left side.
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 07:39 AM   #5
Yankee Clipper
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I just started another Challenge Mode 1977 career. Dave Parker is a RP.
Please @Markus please give us the ability to change player positions in Challenge Mode. PLEASE!
Each and every time I try to play a career in Challenge Mode there are players (usually key to the era players like above) that are just in the wrong position.

By making this change it won't break any type of challenge but rather allow us to just make a few corrections that in turn won't break immersion.

Begging...........
Old 05-30-2018, 09:26 AM   #6
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Right-click on the player name.... change position.
Old 05-30-2018, 10:37 AM   #7
Yankee Clipper
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Impossible

I think my only hope is going to be the man.... Markus
Old 05-30-2018, 10:43 AM   #8
Yankee Clipper
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
You are correct!
It can only be done after the draft is completed! I kept trying to do it before the draft began.
Which when I think about it really sucks because all those players that are in the improper position at draft time will not be drafted by the AI but humans will be able to see this and draft Dave Parker's very late in drafts. I hope that this gets changed some how.
Thanks a lot Orcin!
Old 05-30-2018, 10:56 AM   #9
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
It can only be done after the draft is completed! I kept trying to do it before the draft began.
Are you talking about players in the inaugural draft or amateur draft? There is a setting in the section where you set the draft date and number of rounds to have the AI use pre-defined values for drafting. You may want to check that box to improve the AI's ability to see past these position errors. Oddly enough, I have not seen this in my historical leagues, but I don't use inaugural drafts either.