Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 04-30-2019, 09:22 AM   #241
schwejk
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
But saving before game 40, it's not a problem?

That's really weird. There's absolutely nothing special about game 40 or any other point in the season that should cause that sort of thing to happen when it wasn't happening before. The only thing that would be changing is how much space the game is taking on disk, as the longer you go the larger it gets.

Could it have to do with the draft pool? this happens around that time of the season
schwejk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 09:27 AM   #242
schwejk
Bat Boy

Quote:
There's nothing that changed in OOTP19 that would affect this or cause it to happen where it didn't in earlier versions of the game. So the issue has to stem either from something that's different on your system now than had been the case with those older versions of the game, or with something different about where and how OOTP19 sits on your disk, what folders and sections of the disk it's trying to access and the directory it's writing to.

Which is part of why I asked the question about file path above.

Is OOTP19 installed to the save directory on your system as you installed the previous versions of the game?

Or has that changed?

Do you still have an older version of the game installed? If so, if you do the same with it, is the directory it's saving to something like (C:\Users\Administrator.tom-PC\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 18\saved_games) or is it different?

Did you get previous versions of OOTP on Steam as well, or were they the standalone versions?

I bought OOTP17 and OOTP18 definitely through Steam, I am not sure about 16 and 9 anymore. I may have bought them directly, but I played them through Steam.

I did not change anything when downloading the game trough Steam. So it should be on the same place like former versions.

When I download the latest version I always delete former versions. They are still available on Steam
Old 04-30-2019, 09:27 AM   #243
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwejk View Post
C:\Users\Administrator.tom-PC\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 19\saved_games
Ok, I'd like to try something with you.

Start the game and on the very first screen click on Settings. Now click on the Expert tab. At the top, click Select to the right of Custom Data Path and choose a new data path there.

Make it as simple as possible.

C:\OOTP 20

would be perfect.

After you do this, exit the game.

The restart and start a new save (you won't be able to load any of the old saves for now, since they'll be in a different directory).

Play that save up to the point where you've had issues on other saves. Then let me know if you run into the same issues at around the same spot now, or not.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 09:30 AM   #244
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Could it have to do with the draft pool? this happens around that time of the season
I guess anything is possible. I really doubt it though.

If the saves are being corrupted, that's always going to be coming from an external source somewhere, not from anything happening in-game itself (unless you were to for instance ctrl+alt+delete the game right when it was in the middle of saving).

Old 04-30-2019, 09:33 AM   #245
schwejk
Bat Boy

Quote:
Ok, I'd like to try something with you.

Start the game and on the very first screen click on Settings. Now click on the Expert tab. At the top, click Select to the right of Custom Data Path and choose a new data path there.

Make it as simple as possible.

C:\OOTP 20

would be perfect.

After you do this, exit the game.

The restart and start a new save (you won't be able to load any of the old saves for now, since they'll be in a different directory).

Play that save up to the point where you've had issues on other saves. Then let me know if you run into the same issues at around the same spot now, or not.

OK. I will play in GM mode to get pretty fast there
Old 04-30-2019, 10:06 AM   #246
schwejk
Bat Boy

Lukas, I played in GM and Manager mode. And I hit autoplay. Right before draft day I saved and exited - no freeze!

If this works the same when playing each game, then I may call you a genius.
Old 04-30-2019, 10:09 AM   #247
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Lukas, I played in GM and Manager mode. And I hit autoplay. Right before draft day I saved and exited - no freeze!

If this works the same when playing each game, then I may call you a genius.
Ok, that's really good news! Let's hope that does it!

Keep me updated if you do run into any issues.

Old 05-02-2019, 04:12 AM   #248
schwejk
Bat Boy

Quote:
Ok, that's really good news! Let's hope that does it!

Keep me updated if you do run into any issues.

Unfortunately the same mistake occurred again. I saved the game after 27 games into the season: my laptop froze, I had to restart. When I started OOTP again and try to continue and load the game the same error messages as before appeared.

So obviously your advice only works in autoplay mode, not in play-by-play mode.

EDIT: what I forgot to write and happend every time when restarting OOTP after the computer being frozen: Steam shows that OOTP19 is not installed. I have to click "install" - in fact all the files are there, so Steam checks the existing files and after a few seconds the message "game is installed now" shows up.

I played in 2D mode and made one change to the autoplay mode: I changed the ratings to the 1-20 system instead of the 20-80, I also set the settings so that ratings and potential over 20 would be shown.

Last edited by schwejk; 05-02-2019 at 04:15 AM.
Old 05-07-2019, 09:54 AM   #249
ERS
Minors (Rookie Ball)

In my 4th year with OOTP. I too have had several crashes, plus even more "not responding" over the years. That was until this year. I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (upgrade, not a clean install). This year no crashes and no "not responding". I have also found in years prior to this, OOTP is not friendly with other programs open at same time. Probably nothing to do with anything, but I thought I would throw that out there. Also, if you are hesitant about upgrading to W10, let me say best thing I've done for my pc. Thanks.
ERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 12:04 AM   #250
McDavitt05
Bat Boy

I am playing in an online league and when I go to view another teams player list my game crashes every single time. Has never happened prior to today. Have rebooted computer, updated computer, and restarted game several times to no avail. Playing on a MAC.
McDavitt05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 12:29 AM   #251
bigMatt
Hall Of Famer

I'm crashing each time I try to continue playing my historic league using OOTP19.

I'm far from a PC expert. All I know is that I'm using Windows 7. Updates are current. I have DirectX 11.1. I tried steps 7 and 8 of the initial troubleshooting post without relief. I don't use 3d. I have no firewall nor anti-virus screwing things up. I have no idea what a white list is. I've restarted. I've reinstalled.

This is a league in its 10th season. I play historical mode, with random players entering each season. I uninstalled from a previous PC and installed on this one after the same thing happened on it, at about the same place in my replay.

Windows 7
NOT Steam
OOTP 19 - I believe it's the latest setup

I honestly don't know what to do next.

Edit: I spent the morning updating to Windows 10. Launched OOTP - opened my season, tried to play the day. The game, once again, crashed. I just wonder if anyone's even still reading this thread???

Last edited by bigMatt; 07-07-2019 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Updated system - same results.
bigMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 12:21 PM   #252
treesham
Minors (Rookie Ball)

game was fine last night. when i opened my computer this morning, it seemed to be in the middle of a save. it completed the save (it's possible i closed the laptop while it was still saving last night), but then when i went to play, it would load the save, but wouldn't sim games or advance to the next day.

i rolled back using the auto save as explained in a previous post, but the same thing happened.

EDIT: one interesting point - there was a two team expansion going into this season (OOTP dictated), and looking at the standings page, neither team is listed, but there is a blank spot in their respective divisions showing a one game record (1 - 0), even though 110 games into the season....

system details below.

Are you on a PC or Mac? - PC
What OS are you using? - Windows 10
Do you have the game on Steam, Origin or the Standalone? Standaloe
What are your system specs (especially your video card and your amount of memory)? - 8 Gigs RAM, 64-bit operating system
Where exactly does your game crash? What are you doing just before it crashes? -i load up a save just fine, but as soon as i try and sim a game (or games), it shuts down.
Can you consistently get the crash to repeat by doing the same thing or is it seemingly random? Do you get an error message? If so, what? same thing every time, no error message
Does this crash in only one saved game or in multiple saves? If only one, then we'll need to see your league files as per the instructions in my sig (or you can just upload to Dropbox/Google Drive and post a link) - only playing one game currently, and i did the "auto save" roll back from another post. i still got the same result.

It would also help us to have the game generated trace file. - i don't see where to add tracemode after right clicking, and there is nothing in the debug folder...

Last edited by treesham; 05-04-2020 at 03:51 PM.
treesham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 10:18 PM   #253
bagelman
Bat Boy

I'm trying to add a historical team to an existing league through Edit League Structure, replacing a team of fictional players. The game immediately crashes and exits when I click the button to add historical team. Version 19.14 build 136 standalone, which I'm assuming is the latest version as I can't find anything newer for OOTP 19. I posted the later part of the trace as an attachment but I don't know if its tracing the crash or not. System is Windows 7 64 bit if it matters.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ootphistteamcrash.txt (13.0 KB, 217 views)

Last edited by bagelman; 06-05-2020 at 10:20 PM.
bagelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 10:04 PM   #254
markn50
Bat Boy

For me, the game crashes every time I try to simulate and advance to the next day. It does this consistently. I have a pc and my OS is Windows 10. I have tried re-booting. I have updated settings. I have tried turning off the firewall, but nothing seems to work. This is a fantastic game, so I would really like to see a resolution if I can.
markn50 is offline   Reply With Quote