Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 01-30-2018, 02:39 PM   #81
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Yes, it's getting looked at for sure.

Markus has already made some changes that in theory should fix this, and we'll test them out as thoroughly as possible and see what we find.

It's possible what we find won't be the same as what you're seeing if this is primarily a settings thing. We'll do the best we can though.
I expect you to do better than the best you can. Where's the dude with the whip smilie?...I kid, I kid. Especially since I gave up my spot on the beta team.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 03:33 PM   #82
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
At the risk of being called Brett Favre, yes, I unretired.
And we're all very, very, very happy about that

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 03:41 PM   #83
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Remember what they say, Lukas. Be careful what you wish for!
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 10:37 PM   #84
Jerry Helper
Major Leagues

I'm also a big historical player and I started my own HRD a couple nights ago. Real stats, 3 year recalc. Like the other players on this thread, the standout seasons I had were extreme to say the least.

Name:  single season home runs.png
Views: 414
Size:  310.2 KB

I started with 2016 rules and began in 2020. I ran the league for ten years. Most numbers were normal, but league leaders, especially in terms of power, were off the charts. The 50 HR mark was hit 50 times in ten years. The 60 home run mark was passed 13 times and 70 was achieved three times. Even the height of the steroid era doesn't compare to this. It's not like it's Barry Bonds hitting these totals. It's guys like Larry Parrish, Nelson Simmons and Pedro Guerrero. (The top number on the above screenshot is correct. I'm going to get back to that.)

Name:  ops.png
Views: 390
Size:  112.0 KB

Name:  rbi.png
Views: 376
Size:  86.8 KB

I don't remember if action or david was the one who said this, but the 1.100 mark on OPS should be very difficult to achieve. The guys in my league hit this total 11 different times. The RBIs weren't quite as out of whack, although five guys going over 170 in ten years does seem a tad high.

Name:  career home run totals.png
Views: 371
Size:  229.6 KB

With these single season home run totals that are constantly above 50, it's no wonder that the career records are starting to be bloated. I'd buy that one or two future hall of famers could hit the 350 mark after 10 years. But not 8. And not three over 400. 400 in ten years is insane. In fact, one player hit the 400 mark in nine years.

Which brings me to Sammy Sosa's 2029 season. I understand that there are times when players will have extreme seasons. Baseball isn't completely predictable, and history shows us that there are times when guys will go nuts for a season. But this is just absurd.

Sosa finished the 2029 season with 102 home runs, 250 rbi, and an ops of 1.4506. You read that correctly. A season like that should literally never occur in any kind of baseball sim. There's just no way to explain that away.

Name:  Strikeouts.png
Views: 366
Size:  117.5 KB

Even some of the pitching numbers are confusing. The strikeout numbers for a single season are absolutely insane. I know the game is strikeout or home run right now, but all of this seems like cartoon baseball.

I'm wondering if there is something obvious I did to screw this up. That's certainly possible, and I'm sort of hoping that's the case. If not though, this sim makes me think the other players on this thread are onto something.

Last edited by Jerry Helper; 01-31-2018 at 10:38 PM.
Jerry Helper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 11:13 PM   #85
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Helper View Post
I'm also a big historical player and I started my own HRD a couple nights ago. Real stats, 3 year recalc. Like the other players on this thread, the standout seasons I had were extreme to say the least.

Attachment 534308

I started with 2016 rules and began in 2020. I ran the league for ten years. Most numbers were normal, but league leaders, especially in terms of power, were off the charts. The 50 HR mark was hit 50 times in ten years. The 60 home run mark was passed 13 times and 70 was achieved three times. Even the height of the steroid era doesn't compare to this. It's not like it's Barry Bonds hitting these totals. It's guys like Larry Parrish, Nelson Simmons and Pedro Guerrero. (The top number on the above screenshot is correct. I'm going to get back to that.)

Attachment 534309

Attachment 534310

I don't remember if action or david was the one who said this, but the 1.100 mark on OPS should be very difficult to achieve. The guys in my league hit this total 11 different times. The RBIs weren't quite as out of whack, although five guys going over 170 in ten years does seem a tad high.

Attachment 534312

With these single season home run totals that are constantly above 50, it's no wonder that the career records are starting to be bloated. I'd buy that one or two future hall of famers could hit the 350 mark after 10 years. But not 8. And not three over 400. 400 in ten years is insane. In fact, one player hit the 400 mark in nine years.

Which brings me to Sammy Sosa's 2029 season. I understand that there are times when players will have extreme seasons. Baseball isn't completely predictable, and history shows us that there are times when guys will go nuts for a season. But this is just absurd.

Sosa finished the 2029 season with 102 home runs, 250 rbi, and an ops of 1.4506. You read that correctly. A season like that should literally never occur in any kind of baseball sim. There's just no way to explain that away.

Attachment 534313

Even some of the pitching numbers are confusing. The strikeout numbers for a single season are absolutely insane. I know the game is strikeout or home run right now, but all of this seems like cartoon baseball.

I'm wondering if there is something obvious I did to screw this up. That's certainly possible, and I'm sort of hoping that's the case. If not though, this sim makes me think the other players on this thread are onto something.
WHOA!!! What the...? Cartoon baseball indeed. When you say 2016 rules, do you mean 2016 LTMs, or what? Not sure I understand what you mean there.

I was the one who mentioned 1.100+ OPS seasons should be difficult to achieve. What I meant by that comment was that if they are hit with great regularity, they become less special. The more times they happen, the less special they become.
Old 01-31-2018, 11:31 PM   #86
Jerry Helper
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
WHOA!!! What the...? Cartoon baseball indeed. When you say 2016 rules, do you mean 2016 LTMs, or what? Not sure I understand what you mean there.

I was the one who mentioned 1.100+ OPS seasons should be difficult to achieve. What I meant by that comment was that if they are hit with great regularity, they become less special. The more times they happen, the less special they become.
I meant I just went as modern as I could on 18. Which is the 2016 season. I assumed the numbers would be similar to modern baseball
Old 02-01-2018, 01:58 PM   #87
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Just so we understand that none of us here are asking for something that hasn't been done by OOTP before, I give you some of my leaderboards from my so far 62-season OOTP16 dynasty (1901-1962). For this historical random debut dynasty I used 3-year double weighted recalc with neutralized stats with development on at default settings, and tied the LTMs and strategy settings to 1984 so that relievers would be used the same way throughout history, and hitters would hit HR in a range that generally falls somewhere between deadball era level (think 1908 and 1968) and bazookaball era level (1930 and 2000). It works really well in OOTP16, but I don't know what happened after that to make it stop working. Only those that know what goes on under the hood can answer that question. It's definitely beyond me. All I know is, something changed. First up, the best individual seasons of AVG, OBP, and SLG. Remember that this dynasty has run for 62-seasons when looking at these numbers.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by actionjackson; 02-01-2018 at 04:38 PM.
Old 02-01-2018, 02:06 PM   #88
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Next up, the best individual seasons of OPS, R, and H.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 02-01-2018, 02:16 PM   #89
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Pretty amazing isn't it?
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 02:16 PM   #90
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Next up, the best individual seasons of 2B, 3B, and HR.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 02-01-2018, 02:30 PM   #91
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Next up, the best individual seasons of TB, RBI, and SB.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 02-01-2018, 02:38 PM   #92
Jerry Helper
Major Leagues

See these are the kind of numbers i'm looking for. I'm not sure how anyone can look at these numbers from 16 and then the screenshots of my and others HRDs for 18 and not understand that there is something completely off here.

I have more seasons of OPS over 1.100 in ten years than actionjackson does in a 62 season league. He had one sixty home run season in 62 years, my league had 13 in a decade

Last edited by Jerry Helper; 02-01-2018 at 02:42 PM.
Old 02-01-2018, 02:45 PM   #93
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Next up, the best individual batter seasons of BB, K (in this case worst or highest), and WAR.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 02-01-2018, 03:00 PM   #94
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Next up, the best individual batter seasons of BB, K (in this case worst or highest), and WAR.
61 years of play, right? Heck, in the one year recalc thread, I posted screenshots of Ron Santo and Scott Rolen from a random starting in 1947, 1 year recalc, no development. Santo already ranks second and third on your WAR list after the first two seasons. He posted 14.0 in 47 and 13.8 in 48. Took Rolen to 49, but he's in your top ten with 12.3, followed by 1951, 11.7.
Old 02-01-2018, 03:01 PM   #95
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

This isn't unique to hitters though. Next up, the best individual seasons for W, K, and ERA for pitchers.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by actionjackson; 02-08-2018 at 06:54 PM.
Old 02-01-2018, 03:08 PM   #96
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
61 years of play, right? Heck, in the one year recalc thread, I posted screenshots of Ron Santo and Scott Rolen from a random starting in 1947, 1 year recalc, no development. Santo already ranks second and third on your WAR list after the first two seasons. He posted 14.0 in 47 and 13.8 in 48. Took Rolen to 49, but he's in your top ten with 12.3, followed by 1951, 11.7.
To be fair, probably holding stats output and strategy settings to 1984 for every season is helping me to keep the stats distribution sane, but the fact remains, I was/am able to do this in OOTP16, why have I not been able to do it since OOTP16's development cycle ended? What changed?
Old 02-01-2018, 03:10 PM   #97
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Also, 1901-1962 is actually 62 seasons of play to get technical on you for a second.
Old 02-01-2018, 03:19 PM   #98
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
To be fair, probably holding stats output and strategy settings to 1984 for every season is helping me to keep the stats distribution sane, but the fact remains, I was/am able to do this in OOTP16, why have I not been able to do it since OOTP16's development cycle ended? What changed?
Oh I agree, but 1947-51 wasn't exactly offensive players paradise. Heck, 10 out of the 16 teams still finished with less than 100 home runs total in 1947. In fact, at a quick glance 47 and 84 appears quite similar. Of course, stolen bases are way different and players whiffed less.
Old 02-06-2018, 05:57 PM   #99
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

David, what settings should I use to replicate your '1984' random debut experiment? I'm hoping to test it in OOTP19.
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 06:51 PM   #100
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
David, what settings should I use to replicate your '1984' random debut experiment? I'm hoping to test it in OOTP19.
DW asked me to take point on this. I have no idea what settings you would normally use, but here's what I use:

- Random Debut (minimum year: no minimum, maximum year: no maximum)

- 3-year recalc (though I'd really like to know what 5-year recalc does for the WWII players, after an exchange I had with Garlon), double weighted for the current year, Ratings Based on Real Stats, Potential Based on Remaining years of career, Base Fielding Ratings/Pitcher Stamina on 3-year period (though I'm tempted by entire career for this one), Player Development System: On with default settings

- Auto-expand league? yes, hold expansion draft, protect 25 players, no auto-protect for players with 3-years or less of service time, limit of picks from a single team: 3 picks, No real minor leagues, no real historical transactions (for obvious reasons), no real historical lineups (same), base player roles/positions on: AI evaluation, auto-adjust league strategy when advancing to next season, do not retire players according to history, do not have players miss seasons according to history

- Game Settings: Overall rating based on AI evaluation, not pure ratings: Yes, Ratings/Current Year/Previous Year/2 years ago/ - 10/60/20/10, Lineup Selection: Traditional, Trade Difficulty/Trade Preference: Average/Neutral, turn off Storylines and Baseball Cards, Enable Injuries and set to High (Realistic Modern Day), Position Player Fatigue (Average), Enable Suspensions at Normal, Uncheck Personality, Morale, Team Chemistry, Nicknames, etc, etc, etc

- DH in American League, but not in National League, 25 man active roster, unlimited reserve roster, Disable Secondary Roster, and Expanded Roster, AI Trading Frequency: Low, Enable Trading (July 31st deadline), uncheck the five boxes below that (10/5 rule, other major leagues, recently drafted players, injured players, draft picks), Enable Ammy Draft, Disable auto-creation of free agents and fictional draft class, uncheck pre-defined draft value for AI, Ammy Draft number of rounds: 5, Import players for 6 rounds, Finances on or off (as you wish, if you're whizzing through this, you may want to leave them off),

- Leave everything in Awards, Hall of Fame Settings, Milestone Settings the same, Do not allow rainouts, everything else the same

- Other notes: Inaugural Draft: must set to 44 rounds (set to 27 by default)

I usually also play with Neutralized ballpark factors and weather, but don't worry about that if you don't already have it set up. Let me know if there are any other settings you're wondering about, either here or by PM. Don't worry if you don't get all these settings. The main idea is to find out if: 1) OOTP19 is running a little "hot" and 2) Particularly so with Random Debut. We'll know this by looking at individual seasons and comparing back to OOTP16. This will show up pretty well regardless of what settings you use I think. If it's there it'll be there regardless of the settings, if not things will be back on track and things will be full speed ahead again.

Last edited by actionjackson; 02-08-2018 at 06:53 PM.