Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 11-05-2017, 05:53 PM   #21
Javs
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
here is what it equates to:

Japan (***) Mid AAA
Dominican Winter League Mid AAA
Puerto Rican Winter League Mid-Low AAA
Venezuelan Winter League Low AAA/High AA
Arizona Fall League Low AAA/High AA
Mexican Pacific (Winter) High AA
Atlantic League (Ind) High AA
Mexican Summer High-A/Low AA
Cape Cod League High-A
Cuba High-A
Taiwan/China High-A
Korea High-A
American Association (Ind) High-A
Can-Am League (Ind) High-A
Frontier League (Ind) Low-A
Top Division I (SEC) Short-A
Other Independents Rookie Ball
Division I run of the Mill Below Rookie Ball
Northwoods League Below Rookie Ball
European (Dutch, Italian) Low Division 1
Other upper Tier Wood Bats Low Division 1
Other Foreign (eg Australia) Div II/Div III
Juco Div II/Div III
Would you normally just leave the 'League Level' in these leagues on default and adjust all the PCMs to you're previously mentioned levels?
Javs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 09:25 PM   #22
Javs
Hall Of Famer

Bump?
Old 11-06-2017, 10:40 PM   #23
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javs View Post
Would you normally just leave the 'League Level' in these leagues on default and adjust all the PCMs to you're previously mentioned levels?
Not sure what you are asking??
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 11:20 AM   #24
Javs
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Not sure what you are asking??
For example, would you change the level type to 'AAA' for *** from 'International' or just edit the PCMs? Also do you put ALL the PCM's at the same level in each league? Or do you have lower hitting PCMs for *** for example.

Thanks
Old 11-07-2017, 11:21 AM   #25
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

I edit the PCMs The levels still correspond
Old 11-08-2017, 06:21 PM   #26
DB930
Major Leagues

I have an idea for getting players out of Cuba and into MLB (haven't tried this yet but been planning to see if it'll work). It does require you to have commissioner mode active.

Find a Random Number Generator website, and use it to decide how many defectees there will be per year, what teams they'll come from, which specific players they'll be, etc. Once you have a list of names, use the player editor to move them to an MLB team, and then release them into the free agent pool.
DB930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 07:13 AM   #27
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Truthfully, the best thin to do is not include Cuba as a nation and have your only generated established international free agents be cuban. (minimal 5)

This can mimic the act of defection, in that the players come out of nowhere. The only issue is there won't be any stat lines. I am hoping defection is something OOTP will be able to accomplish in the future.
Old 11-11-2017, 12:21 AM   #28
homerj
Minors (Double A)

There is a mechanism to have a player released from a storyline. If you just allowed free agents to leave the league, that should simulate defections, as well as give you a storyline behind it.

But what little documentation there is on the storyline.xml file, I couldn't even make the event fire. I assume it would look something like:

Code:
<STORYLINE id="Cuban Defection" random_frequency="9000" min_usage_interval_days="60" player_nationality_id="49">
    <REQUIRED_DATA>
        <DATA_OBJECT type="PLAYER"/>
    </REQUIRED_DATA>
    <ARTICLES>
        <ARTICLE id="950" player_released="1">
            <SUBJECT>[%personname#1 l] DEFECTION</SUBJECT>
                <TEXT>[%personname#1 l] Has decided to defect.</TEXT>
        </ARTICLE>
    </ARTICLES>
</STORYLINE>
The nice thing about this, is if it could work, there could also be modifiers attached, like needing a certain work ethic or greed.
homerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 05:53 AM   #29
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerj View Post
There is a mechanism to have a player released from a storyline. If you just allowed free agents to leave the league, that should simulate defections, as well as give you a storyline behind it.

But what little documentation there is on the storyline.xml file, I couldn't even make the event fire. I assume it would look something like:

Code:
<STORYLINE id="Cuban Defection" random_frequency="9000" min_usage_interval_days="60" player_nationality_id="49">
    <REQUIRED_DATA>
        <DATA_OBJECT type="PLAYER"/>
    </REQUIRED_DATA>
    <ARTICLES>
        <ARTICLE id="950" player_released="1">
            <SUBJECT>[%personname#1 l] DEFECTION</SUBJECT>
                <TEXT>[%personname#1 l] Has decided to defect.</TEXT>
        </ARTICLE>
    </ARTICLES>
</STORYLINE>
The nice thing about this, is if it could work, there could also be modifiers attached, like needing a certain work ethic or greed.

How do Cuban players get free agency?, and if I were to allow them, how many years should it be?
Old 11-11-2017, 07:48 AM   #30
homerj
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
How do Cuban players get free agency?, and if I were to allow them, how many years should it be?
In real life? They don't get it and play for their local team. In the game, you just uncheck the reserve-clause rule and the options open up.

I'd set it up for like 25 years, then if the storyline could work(note the above doesn't work), the only way a player would get FA status if they were good enough to play in the MLB would be by the storyline.

EDIT: Also to note about the storyline. Even if it would work, I didn't see a option for the tag to limit by league, just major or minor. For this to really work well, there would have to be a tag where you could specify a league id it could fire for. The only thing I could find is to limit it by player nationality, but as it's written I would think it could also fire for Cuban players playing in US leagues.

2ND EDIT: there does seem to be a flag, for "team_nation_id". I believe for this to only fire for Cuba, it would have to be set for 49.

Last edited by homerj; 11-11-2017 at 08:04 AM. Reason: even more about the storyline
Old 11-12-2017, 10:16 AM   #31
Hoiles
All Star Reserve

Good suggestion about the storylines. You might need to bump up the Cuba league modifiers because at defaults, the Cuban league would produce few quality MLBers. The default modifiers reflect the poor quality of the league after all the good players defected, but don't actually generate the all-star Cuban defectors themselves. Otherwise, PSUs international free agents suggestion is the best way to get the Puigs and Cespedesses. PSU and I posted a few months ago about the dilemma.
Hoiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 12:56 PM   #32
homerj
Minors (Double A)

From what I understand, the thing about the PCMs is they just overall create better players. But that's not what really happens with Cuba. The PCMs are fine, but the game doesn't just generate a handful of great players.

It's the same issue that kind of puts the kibosh on NCAA templates. You can't get it to be a handful of players that are levels above everyone else. Everyone created just falls into a normalized distribution.
Old 03-31-2018, 06:47 AM   #33
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerj View Post
From what I understand, the thing about the PCMs is they just overall create better players. But that's not what really happens with Cuba. The PCMs are fine, but the game doesn't just generate a handful of great players.

It's the same issue that kind of puts the kibosh on NCAA templates. You can't get it to be a handful of players that are levels above everyone else. Everyone created just falls into a normalized distribution.

This is true...but there has to be a pcm level that’s somewhat decent. Right now, I think 1.000 is too high for Cuba if you are going to attempt to mimic defection through the posting process.

AAAA level would suggest .900
AAA level would suggest 850
A+ level would suggest .800

The trick is to pick a level with enough talent to get a couple of players posted annually...maybe MLB level talent (1.000) is what accomplished this...I am uncertain for sure.