Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 18 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 04-14-2017, 12:29 AM   #1
jimmy058910
Bat Boy

Best Way to Run Online Inaugural Draft

Hello,

Myself and a group of friends are starting an online league. We have an inaugural/fantasy draft for the first 45-60 rounds. I am hoping someone can help me in determining the best way to go about doing this quickly and efficiently. Unfortunately not everyone can make it over to one location.

Uploading/downloading the league file would be far too long.
I was considering 'streaming' my screen and just doing that.

I've also seen/heard of some tools that might help the process. StatsLab I believe was one, and I forgot the name of the other. Do these work well with 18 and do you think this would be a good option/solution?

Thanks for your time,
Jimmy
jimmy058910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 10:08 AM   #2
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy058910 View Post
Hello,

Myself and a group of friends are starting an online league. We have an inaugural/fantasy draft for the first 45-60 rounds. I am hoping someone can help me in determining the best way to go about doing this quickly and efficiently. Unfortunately not everyone can make it over to one location.

Uploading/downloading the league file would be far too long.
I was considering 'streaming' my screen and just doing that.

I've also seen/heard of some tools that might help the process. StatsLab I believe was one, and I forgot the name of the other. Do these work well with 18 and do you think this would be a good option/solution?

Thanks for your time,
Jimmy
StatsLab is great, but after scores of online league drafts, OOTPOU is more reliable and efficient than it's Big Brother StatsLab. I can't say with 100% certainty if OOTPOU will work properly with OOTP18, I do know that StatsLab has been updated.

OOTPOU = very easy to set up

Statslab= Not very easy to set up

either way you need FTP capabilities to use either one

Hope this helps

PS: we did my HSBL Online League Inaugural draft in OOTPOU of 125 rounds it took some time, Like 2-3 weeks maybe more if I remember correctly, but it saves alot of headaches, to take the time to do it right is well worth it
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino

Last edited by Painmantle; 04-14-2017 at 10:09 AM.
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 12:48 PM   #3
Tiesenberg
Major Leagues

The best way to run an inaugural draft is with a ton of patience and a strong commitment.

If you are setting up a league -- even if the league is just amongst a small group of friends, the goal should be a long lasting experience of countless seasons. If that is indeed the goal -- a goal which in all likelihood will be played out over a very extended period of time, spending a few weeks on a draft is the way to go.

The draft allows for so many possibilities on ways to build a team, take your time with it, enjoy it. Rushing through it to just get to the games somewhat defeats the purpose of the draft in the first place.

As far as the process itself goes. StatsLab/OOTP OU do work as ways to keep track of things. A shared GoogleDocs could work (assuming again it's just a group of friends) -- a Slack channel, a message board, or the uploading/downloading of a file once a day doesn't seem like a bad idea either.

Best of luck, these drafts are fantastic when done the right way --- again though, patience...
Tiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 09:57 PM   #4
jimmy058910
Bat Boy

Thanks a bunch for the suggestions! I am anxious to get started. I setup OOTPOU for 17 and went into the draft and configured everything... only to find that the majority of the ratings on all the players are missing and I really do not know why. You can see Miguel Cabrera below, he has a few stats filled in, but none of the important ones really...

http://imgur.com/a/MsxNG

Really difficult to pick someone if the ratings are just missing :/. If you click the person and it goes to the league website, they all show correctly.

Any ideas to fix this? Thanks!

Last edited by jimmy058910; 04-15-2017 at 09:58 PM.
Old 04-16-2017, 09:56 AM   #5
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

are you uploading csv files? They need to be configured properly

game/game settings / databse / database tools / configure data export to csv

there are fields in the configure area that say "Show" Make sure "Show no ratings" is not ticked

also make sure "split big files" is NOT ticked

Those files produced (via Load data to csv files) need to be loaded via FTP into whatever folder you have designated for the csv files
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino

Last edited by Painmantle; 04-16-2017 at 09:58 AM.
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 10:24 PM   #6
jimmy058910
Bat Boy

This worked. However, it wasn't that "Show no ratings" was ticked, but I used the "Show OSA ratings" and it worked!

Thanks a bunch!