Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 06:04 PM   #1
TanzKommandant
Minors (Single A)

Lack of Gay & Lesbian Owners

Doesn't it seem like it's about time that gays and lesbians were allowed to take ownership in a major league franchise? For some reason, this has not been coded into the game and there is a complete lack of gay and lesbian owners whether it be a real world league and a new owner takes charge or a fictional league.

Last edited by TanzKommandant; 04-06-2017 at 07:25 PM.
Old 04-06-2017, 06:39 PM   #2
msupoke
All Star Reserve

There are both already.
Old 04-06-2017, 06:57 PM   #3
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

I smell a troll.
Old 04-06-2017, 07:26 PM   #4
TanzKommandant
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msupoke View Post
There are both already.
Provide a specific example.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:01 PM   #5
MBarrett
All Star Reserve

Old 04-06-2017, 09:03 PM   #6
Bahnzo
Minors (Single A)

Why is this necessary? While I'm all for gay rights and all that, I don't think you need to specify if an owner is gay. I mean, we don't note if they aren't gay, do we?

I guess the answer is...who cares?
Old 04-07-2017, 02:05 PM   #7
gay_swimmer
Bat Boy

Well, I mean, there is a point there. There's already the flavour event where the owner dies and his son takes over. What about the owners who don't have kids? Or aren't men?
Old 04-07-2017, 07:12 PM   #8
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

haha, clearly a joke. maybe not a funny one, but at least an effort, i guess?

i agree with msupoke. unless ootp actively excludes using names of a particular sexual orientation, they are in the game already.

are russian trolls now trying to take OotP down? LoL!

omg is this a serious thread by the op? he responded?

since it's empircally irrelevant to doing a job, let alone just baseball or ownership, it doesn't need to be a rating or feedback about an owner or player.

this asthetic stuff is foreign to me relative to playing a baseball video game. i don't even generate pictures! but, i know others care about different things in different ways... knock yourself out. if you want specifically gay or straight people in your league, simply believe that they are as you want.

owners change surnames now in '18. the gender thing? sure.. whatever floats your boat, that's an easy fix - simply add female names to the choices for first names in the proper proportion.

the reality of today is that not many women own sports teams. the future and a fictional league can be different,but if the game's mostly made for 2017 real roster games, it's easily arguable that it should be mostly men.

it's great to want that change, imo, just not to insinuate anything by the way it works if it mirrors RL... not that RL is morally correct... judgement of current social norms is not the point of the video game... it's to model baseball.

Last edited by NoOne; 04-07-2017 at 07:14 PM.
Old 04-07-2017, 08:47 PM   #9
BeanballComin
Minors (Double A)

Just wait until the neutered albinos hear about this.
They aren't in the game either.
Old 04-07-2017, 09:11 PM   #10
msupoke
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzKommandant View Post
Provide a specific example.
In realistic leagues, every gay owner in real life is represented. In one of my fictional leagues, every owner is gay.
Old 04-07-2017, 09:16 PM   #11
msupoke
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanballComin View Post
Just wait until the neutered albinos hear about this.
They aren't in the game either.
In one of my historical leagues, the Cleveland Steamers have a neutered albino owner.
Old 04-07-2017, 09:19 PM   #12
msupoke
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by gay_swimmer View Post
Well, I mean, there is a point there. There's already the flavour event where the owner dies and his son takes over. What about the owners who don't have kids? Or aren't men?
Gay men can have children. Please do not impose your ignorance and irrational fear of homosexual parentsinto the game.
Old 04-07-2017, 09:21 PM   #13
msupoke
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I smell a troll.
You have a good nose.
Old 04-07-2017, 10:43 PM   #14
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

They are using our forums to train others how to disinform. LoL while possible, no, i don't really believe that.

please, close this thread before...?
Old 04-07-2017, 11:15 PM   #15
msupoke
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
They are using our forums to train others how to disinform. LoL while possible, no, i don't really believe that.

please, close this thread before...?
Spoil sport.
Old 04-08-2017, 08:44 PM   #16
TanzKommandant
Minors (Single A)

What harm would there be in having such a feature? Does it take away fromthe game in some way by coding for this eventuality? We already have a personality system. Maybe even a news event when the first openly homosexual owner takes on a franchise.
Old 04-08-2017, 10:21 PM   #17
msupoke
All Star Reserve

Quote:
What harm would there be in having such a feature? Does it take away fromthe game in some way by coding for this eventuality? We already have a personality system. Maybe even a news event when the first openly homosexual owner takes on a franchise.
There would be no harm in it. However, OOTP is a business, and businesses do things that bring value to shareholders. What value would it bring, and would that value justify the expense of implementing it?

Again, there are already gay and lesbian owners in the game, though.
Old 04-09-2017, 07:51 AM   #18
TanzKommandant
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msupoke View Post
There would be no harm in it. However, OOTP is a business, and businesses do things that bring value to shareholders. What value would it bring, and would that value justify the expense of implementing it?

Again, there are already gay and lesbian owners in the game, though.
So you're saying gays and lesbians do not add value to the game or this franchise as a whole?
Old 04-09-2017, 08:15 AM   #19
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
So you're saying gays and lesbians do not add value to the game or this franchise as a whole?
Dude seriously, give it up....why does it matter what the sexual orientation of a player, umpire, manager, concessions guy, TV announcer, owner or anyone else associated with ANY sport? This is a GAME and 99.9% of the people who play it want to escape from reality and enjoy a GAME. It isn't going to change anything if that little pawn playing LF or the man or woman who DIGITALLY just took over my IN GAME franchise is listed as gay. If you want a story added to the game announcing that the new owner of the Atlanta Braves is the first openly gay owner, then go into the news story file and create one. I would much rather see Markus and crew use those resources to introduce full coaching staffs or something that actually has something to do with the GAME PLAY instead of something that means absolutely nothing to a VIDEO GAME.

Please close (or move) this thread, it is not a bug or technical issue.

Last edited by ohiodevil; 04-09-2017 at 08:17 AM.
Old 04-09-2017, 08:42 AM   #20
msupoke
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Nope. Not even close. Gays and lesbians are already in the game. In fact, I have come across an entire team of homosexuals in one of my fictional leagues. The owner is a lesbian, and the team trainer is bi-curious.

Troll tip: You are trying too hard.