Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 04-02-2017, 06:55 PM   #1
ACM14850
Minors (Single A)

Minor league hitting problem

Fictional league, full MLB and minor league structure. League started in OOTP14, played several seasons, upgraded to OOTP16, played several more seasons, upgraded to OOTP18. League is now in its 15th fictional season. We're about two weeks into April, and I noticed that an awful lot of minor league games had very few hits or runs. The batting stats for MLB look fine, but all of the minor leagues are unnaturally low. Something's not right.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
ACM14850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 07:05 PM   #2
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Adjust league totals and modifiers if necessary.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 01:38 AM   #3
ACM14850
Minors (Single A)

To what? From what? Why did the upgrade / conversion from version 16 to version 18 change settings that were producing realistic results for 15 simulated seasons to ones that are producing this nonsense?
Old 04-03-2017, 02:08 AM   #4
ACM14850
Minors (Single A)

Also, the totals and modifiers appear to be unchanged between the 16 and 18 versions. (16 on the left, 18 on the right).
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 04-03-2017, 03:06 AM   #5
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

click auto-calc for the minors on their opening day. that way the AI has their rosters setup as they will be used in the season.

This is defintiley the cause based on your picture... the LTM must not have imported properly or something.. i see extremely low values in some... possibly but not likely normal for that league.

double check that the teams have enough players... if you have dwinding #'s in rookies league, for example, make sure they have enough position players and pitchers, not jsut ~25 players. this is another current bug myself and at least 1 other has noticed.

(i just had to add draft rounds.. less a bug and more getting used to how the new way it handles that portion of the game works now. if you have custom # of rounds that in the past prevented excess # of players in the rookie leauges, you may want to re-assess that strategy)

Last edited by NoOne; 04-03-2017 at 03:08 AM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 06:25 PM   #6
ACM14850
Minors (Single A)

I've seen no acknowledgement that this problem has been recognized or addressed in any of the updated versions, but I decided to run some simulations to see if any of the changes fixed the problems I've been seeing, and they haven't. First, I backed up my league in OOTP16, then auto-simmed several weeks to see what kind of minor league hitting results I would get. They looked normal. I then re-imported the league into OOTP18, auto-simmed several weeks, and got the same kind of abnormal results reported above. Not sure what to try next, but at this point a game that has worked well through two program versions (OOTP14 and OOTP16) and something like 18 simulated seasons is producing nonsensical results in OOTP18. I'm happy to try modifications to league total modifiers if it will rescue the game, but I've never changed those modifiers, and wouldn't have any ideas what to change them to. Happy to upload any league files or screenshots anyone would like to suggest, but right now OOTP18 is unplayable for me.
Old 04-29-2017, 07:34 PM   #7
DB930
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM14850 View Post
I'm happy to try modifications to league total modifiers if it will rescue the game, but I've never changed those modifiers, and wouldn't have any ideas what to change them to. Happy to upload any league files or screenshots anyone would like to suggest, but right now OOTP18 is unplayable for me.
Just put a checkmark in the box (on the Stats & AI page) that says "Automatically adjust league totals and modifiers for accuracy." Key word there is "automatically". The game will calculate it and do it for you; no further input from you required.
DB930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 10:20 AM   #8
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
I've seen no acknowledgement that this problem has been recognized or addressed in any of the updated versions, but I decided to run some simulations to see if any of the changes fixed the problems I've been seeing, and they haven't. First, I backed up my league in OOTP16, then auto-simmed several weeks to see what kind of minor league hitting results I would get. They looked normal. I then re-imported the league into OOTP18, auto-simmed several weeks, and got the same kind of abnormal results reported above. Not sure what to try next, but at this point a game that has worked well through two program versions (OOTP14 and OOTP16) and something like 18 simulated seasons is producing nonsensical results in OOTP18. I'm happy to try modifications to league total modifiers if it will rescue the game, but I've never changed those modifiers, and wouldn't have any ideas what to change them to. Happy to upload any league files or screenshots anyone would like to suggest, but right now OOTP18 is unplayable for me.
There's nothing we can fix or address. As mentioned by some others your modifiers are way off, that has to be adjusted in your specific save game. Your hit, HR, walk and K modifiers are all super low and are the reason for the stats you're getting. If you have those modifiers in 16 as well, you should be getting similar results there.

Unfortunately there's no way to tell just how they got that way, but you'll need to either manually adjust them to something closer to 1.000 or hit the auto-recalc button and let the game do that for you or select the year that's closer to the results you want and then the modifiers will change to reflect that year.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 05-01-2017 at 01:24 PM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 05:16 PM   #9
ACM14850
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
There's nothing we can fix or address. As mentioned by some others your modifiers are way off, that has to be adjusted in your specific save game. Your hit, HR, walk and K modifiers are all super low and are the reason for the stats you're getting. If you have those modifiers in 16 as well, you should be getting similar results there.

Unfortunately there's no way to tell just how they got that way, but you'll need to either manually adjust them to something closer to 1.000 or hit the auto-recalc button and let the game do that for you or select the year that's closer to the results you want and then the modifiers will change to reflect that year.
I've never touched the modifiers or the auto-recalc button. I'll try re-importing the game into OOTP18 and turning on the auto-recalc in every minor league, but it seems bizarre that I should have to do that when the game has run fine on default values for something like 18 simulated seasons.

Unless ...

I started the game in the 1998 season, and was in Feb 2016 when I decided to upgrade to OOTP18. The 2016 season in OOTP16 would be the first season that OOTP16 would not consider a "past" year, but in OOTP18 (and also the demo version of OOTP17), 2016 would again be considered "past". Is there anything about this particular sequence of events that might cause the league modifiers to go haywire?
Old 05-02-2017, 01:20 AM   #10
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
I started the game in the 1998 season, and was in Feb 2016 when I decided to upgrade to OOTP18. The 2016 season in OOTP16 would be the first season that OOTP16 would not consider a "past" year, but in OOTP18 (and also the demo version of OOTP17), 2016 would again be considered "past". Is there anything about this particular sequence of events that might cause the league modifiers to go haywire?

It shouldn't in theory, but it seems it did happen somehow. It's definitely weird. I really can't say why it happened, but fortunately the fix is pretty simple.

Old 05-02-2017, 04:22 PM   #11
ACM14850
Minors (Single A)

I went ahead and did what was suggested. I re-imported the game into OOTP18 (game date 26Feb2016). I turned on the auto-calculation of the league modifiers in all of the game's minor leagues. I auto-simmed to game date 16Apr2016. Got the same nonsensical results as before.
Attached Images
Old 05-02-2017, 05:34 PM   #12
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
I went ahead and did what was suggested. I re-imported the game into OOTP18 (game date 26Feb2016). I turned on the auto-calculation of the league modifiers in all of the game's minor leagues. I auto-simmed to game date 16Apr2016. Got the same nonsensical results as before.
Just turning on auto-calc, which will only work at the end of the season, isn't going to change anything. You need to do one of three things, which I mentioned above.

Actually hit the button to have the game re-calc the modifiers, manually adjust them yourself so they're closer to one, or re-select the year that's closest to the run environment you want to get new modifiers loaded for that year.