Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 04-02-2017, 05:39 PM   #1
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Earthquake---screen shift

Okay it happened again. The first time I happened, I thought I imagined it. This time I know it happened. Playing a game. Hit the space bar for the at bat, get the play result and the there's a screen shift like someone shook my monitor. All the player info boxes are now in entirely new locations. I have to move them back in place. Strange.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 06:24 PM   #2
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

Blame the lightning storm. I'm surprised we still have power.
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis
swampdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 07:01 PM   #3
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampdragon View Post
Blame the lightning storm. I'm surprised we still have power.
So true. Man that was frightening. I turned the computer off and read during that mess.
Old 04-03-2017, 06:36 AM   #4
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Okay, I'm starting to get this screen shift thing more often now. When it happens, it's at the end of a play. The view on the screen moves and I have to readjust all the player info boxes on the field. I use the broadcast screen when I play. Plus, this last time, it changed my settings as well. I bought the game on Steam and since the historical facegens aren't available from the workshop, I have the facegen feature turned off completely. I play random debut and don't like having some players with facegens and others without. My last screenshake turned the facegen feature back on. This is extremely annoying.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:34 AM   #5
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Alright, I've narrowed things down some on this screen shift/shake/realignment deal. I downloaded the Pstrickert historical ballpark mod from the Steam Workshop. The odd thing is, the screen shake/shift deal only occurs if I'm using one of the ballpark images from Pstrickert's mod and I'm using the broadcast screen. If I use Webcast, things are fine. If I use any of the 3D stadiums that come with the game I'm fine. But, the minute I use one of the Pstrickert images on broadcast I have earthquakes. Very strange. Sp. since this is a mod, I'm not sure if it will be considered a bug or not.
Old 04-06-2017, 07:16 PM   #6
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

I have what I think is the same mod downloaded through OOTPmods, and I'm not seeing this.Is it happening at any particular time? First inning, first play, etc?
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis
Old 04-07-2017, 08:49 AM   #7
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I have what I think is the same mod downloaded through OOTPmods, and I'm not seeing this.Is it happening at any particular time? First inning, first play, etc?
It just kind of randomly hits. What it's doing is, I set my info boxes where I like them. I will have a play occur in the game and at the completion of the play, the info boxes jump from my locations to the original locations of the download. This morning before work, I decided to try shrinking the field picture to the smallest size. I arranged my info boxes and played 2 games without a quake. I have my fingers crossed that this fixes it.
Old 04-08-2017, 02:53 PM   #8
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

I've basically resigned myself to the Webcast Screen from here on out. The Quakes just keep coming. I even got one with one of the 3D stadiums that come with the game, so I no longer think it has anything to do with Pstrickert's mod. The strange thing is, I can have the quake occur and all the info boxes on the field shift to the default (original location), but when I select the next game on the schedule, the info boxes will be back where I located them. They will stay there until the next quake.
Old 04-26-2017, 04:53 PM   #9
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

I was earthquake free for a couple weeks, but now they are back with a vengeance. I haven't seen anyone complain about this, so I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only one. Sure is annoying though.

Right in the middle of a game, all the on field player info boxes will return to the out of the box locations. You have to move them back to where you want them. Play another game or two and whammo--earthquake again. So annoying.

This doesn't occur on the Webcast screen, and I could see myself liking the webcast screen if the colors weren't so stinking bland. Some teams color schemes actually make your eyes burn trying to see them, due to them blending into the field.

Oh and why is that this year, everytime you go to webcast screen from the broadcast screen you're forced to redo the widgets to your liking. It always defaults back to out of the box.
Old 05-03-2017, 08:05 PM   #10
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Another test tonight. Last night, started a historical league with minors, 1921. Took me till the 10 game played to experience my first earthquake. Tonight I started the same 1921 historical league, this time with no minors. First earthquake occurred in the 9th game this time.
Old 05-04-2017, 10:31 AM   #11
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

My next test may be to see if it's related to a particular stadium. Both last nights and the night before tests resulted in the first quake occurring during a White Sox game. I was using US Cellular field. All the previous games played using Nationals Field and Great American Ballpark were quake free.

I have a small 8 team random debut league and I'm 60 games in quake free. I also have a 16 team fictional league setup and as I approach the end of April, I'm quake free.
Old 05-04-2017, 11:49 AM   #12
endgame
Hall Of Famer

May have no bearing whatsoever, but whenever I have encountered any sort of odd change in screen set up, it's almost always been related to the system suddenly deciding to check the Automatically Adjust box on the Configure Screen settings. FWIW.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:02 PM   #13
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
May have no bearing whatsoever, but whenever I have encountered any sort of odd change in screen set up, it's almost always been related to the system suddenly deciding to check the Automatically Adjust box on the Configure Screen settings. FWIW.
Is there anyway to combat that? I have noticed with this version, if I switch from Broadcast to Webcast, I have to reconfigure the screen each and every time. To do this you have to uncheck the automatically adjust box.

The Quakes are strange, because, the info boxes move from where I've put them back to where the game originally had them. If I play out the game, they will be back where I placed them to start the game, right up to when the next quake hits.

Really hoping now that OOTP comes with these great stadium models, the game can eventually get around to having the placement of the info boxes preset to usable locations. Every other game out there does this. Even PureSim did this.
Old 05-04-2017, 04:16 PM   #14
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Looks like we were resetting it to auto when you go to the webcast screen, which, I'm not sure why it was in there. Hopefully that should help
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 08:58 PM   #15
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Next test to see if the quakes were due to a particular park. Nope. But, they do seem to appear in the vicinity of the 8th to 9th game played. Once they start coming they don't stop. Insane.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:05 AM   #16
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Change over to 3D just to see if the quakes would occur when playing that way. I'm wondering if the quakes in broadcast have anything to do with the infield shifts etc. in 3D? Is the 3D bleeding into broadcast? The quakes do coincided somewhat with the spinning cursor.
Old 05-05-2017, 06:11 PM   #17
Reed
All Star Starter

Once in a while I get a quick whithe flash when I hit the space bar between plays. If I hit the "1" key instead, I do not get the flash so you might try that. Also, if uncheck the pause between plays, does it happen?
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 08:50 PM   #18
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed View Post
Once in a while I get a quick whithe flash when I hit the space bar between plays. If I hit the "1" key instead, I do not get the flash so you might try that. Also, if uncheck the pause between plays, does it happen?
Just tried only hitting 1 key. Earthquake in my second game. Tried turning pause between plays off. Earthquake first and only game I tried. But, it was the game right after the first quake. Once the quakes start, they pretty much happen every game there after.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:12 PM   #19
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

Have you tried exit and relaunch?
Old 05-08-2017, 08:31 AM   #20
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Have you tried exit and relaunch?
Yeah, it will sometimes slow the quakes for a few games, but once they start they are there to stay. I played all weekend using the webcast screen and thank goodness no quakes with that. I actually really like the webcast screen, just wish they would make the player tabs display in bold colors at all times. Often times they get a light faded look and man do they hurt your eyes.