Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-27-2017, 12:07 AM   #1
kingne10
Minors (Single A)

Re-signing Minor League Coaches Automatically

Despite Sign/Fire Team Personnel being set up as myself in Team Control Settings, all of my minor league coaches are getting renewed each year even if I don't offer a contract. I started a new game to see if it would happen again and it did.
kingne10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 09:34 PM   #2
kingne10
Minors (Single A)

This is still happening for me even after the last update. I'm having to go into Commissioner's Mode and make the coaches that I didn't want to re-sign into free agents. It seems like I may be the only one with this issue and I can't figure it out. My settings are the same as they have been for years.
Old 03-31-2017, 04:15 AM   #3
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

There's 2 settings for personnel - one for majors and one for minors. So if you want to control the minor league one, be sure that they're both set to you.

As well, if you have the "do not disturb" flag on, then the AI will re-sign guys for you as well.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 10:40 AM   #4
kingne10
Minors (Single A)

Thank you for the reply. However, my Sign Minor League Personnel is set to myself and I don't have the Do Not Disturb button selected.
Old 04-16-2017, 04:50 PM   #5
kingne10
Minors (Single A)

After the current update this is still an issue for me. However, it doesn't appear the coaches are re-signing. It appears their contracts just aren't advancing in years. For example, I signed a coach to a 3 year contract before the season. After the current season, he still shows as having 3 years left on his contract.
Old 04-19-2017, 05:53 AM   #6
Len1950
Minors (Single A)

Same thing is happening to me. Coaches' contracts are automatically extending at the end of the season. Even the ones who'd refused contract extensions during the season. I control all personnel hirings/firings, and I never use the 'Do Not Disturb' function. Like Kingne, I have to go into commissioner mode and get rid of the ones I don't want. (I lack the willpower to get rid of the ones I'd wanted to re-sign who refused.) I hope you don't require a lot of technical information to look into this because I'm not a computer person. All I know how to do is start the app and shut it down. Apart from this, my game is running fine.
Len1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 10:19 AM   #7
zonk84
Minors (Triple A)

Ditto on this bug

For those of us who like GMing the organization, it's a big problem -- since, if the manual is true, I'm also incurring a quasi-reputation hit when I try to hire a coach/manager I WANT which necessarily requires firing one who apparently has a contract in perpetuity.
zonk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 06:46 PM   #8
KLT8898
Bat Boy

I'm also having this issue. At first I thought I was crazy and maybe read the expiring year wrong, but now that this has been posted I can confirm that it seems ALL my minor league coaches/personnel get extended by one year automatically, and as someone stated above, it doesn't matter if they refuse to negotiate during the season or not.
KLT8898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 11:52 AM   #9
zonk84
Minors (Triple A)

Bumping this bug --

Haven't seen any dev indication it's been logged and will be addressed... I gather - based on response - most people ignore minor league staff, but for those of us who spend a lot of time managing the organization, this bug is a real pain.

It bakes in an automatic financial penalty (and if, as the manual implies - firings impact likelihood of hirings - more).

Could a dev verify that this bug is at least in the fix backlog?
Old 05-03-2017, 02:31 PM   #10
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

This has been fixed and will be in the next patch.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 02:42 PM   #11
zonk84
Minors (Triple A)

Awesome!

Thanks Matt