Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-21-2017, 08:32 AM   #21
Huckleberry
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post
Can you try again please with nosound no3d nothread in the command line and send the trace file? Thanks!
Okay, did this. Here's the file. The message came up that 3d was disabled, I was able to click okay, then the message came up that trace mode was enabled, then it crashed. "Trying to connect to servers..." was in the upper right of the screen but the Login/Register fields and buttons never appeared before the crash.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ootp_trace.txt (5.2 KB, 33 views)
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 08:53 AM   #22
Hammercraft
All Star Reserve

I have Windows 10 at work and home, at home the game plays fine but at work I have same crash-on-load problem as the original poster.
Hammercraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:02 AM   #23
mbertels
Bat Boy

I don't know if this helps, but I have no problem running OOTP17 on the exact same computer. So it's definitely something different in this year's version causing the issue.
mbertels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:17 AM   #24
Huckleberry
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammercraft View Post
I have Windows 10 at work and home, at home the game plays fine but at work I have same crash-on-load problem as the original poster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbertels View Post
I don't know if this helps, but I have no problem running OOTP17 on the exact same computer. So it's definitely something different in this year's version causing the issue.
Same here, I've never had a problem with any version on any machine and the one I've got OOTP18 installed on also ran 15, 16, and 17 just fine. (It's not quite that old, I brought over 15 for a league that I loved and started on that version).

Hammercraft's information indicates it is definitely machine specific though. Hopefully these guys can figure it out, certainly looks like they're working on it.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:31 AM   #25
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

OK folks, we're working on it!
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:34 AM   #26
Hammercraft
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
Same here, I've never had a problem with any version on any machine and the one I've got OOTP18 installed on also ran 15, 16, and 17 just fine. (It's not quite that old, I brought over 15 for a league that I loved and started on that version).

Hammercraft's information indicates it is definitely machine specific though. Hopefully these guys can figure it out, certainly looks like they're working on it.
I got it to work - my Kaspersky antivirus was blocking execution of the program.

edit: then it crashes again when I re-enable Kaspersky during 'trying to contact online services'

Last edited by Hammercraft; 03-21-2017 at 09:41 AM.
Hammercraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:07 AM   #27
Huckleberry
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
OK folks, we're working on it!
I knew you would be, thanks Markus! I will probably keep posting in here, not to annoy you but just to give as much info as possible. I'm an engineer, having too much information is never a bad thing, we can always choose to ignore whatever is irrelevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammercraft View Post
I got it to work - my Kaspersky antivirus was blocking execution of the program.

edit: then it crashes again when I re-enable Kaspersky during 'trying to contact online services'
I'm not running any anti-virus other than Windows Defender at home and I've given the program permission to pass through the firewall. It's possible I'm missing something else, though, especially with your information about crashing during the part where it's contacting online services once you re-enable yours.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:51 AM   #28
mbertels
Bat Boy

I think I have exhausted the limits of what I may be capable of in terms of computer troubleshooting. None of the 20 things I was certain would work ended up doing anything. I will keep checking in here hoping for updates!
Old 03-21-2017, 12:39 PM   #29
charlottemustangs
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I experienced what I think is a similar issue this morning at work. Our Network firewall detects ootpdevelopments.com as a gaming site and blocks it, so while the program worked fine at home and fine when not connected to the internet at all, it immediately crashes when I connect to the work Network no matter where I am in the game.
charlottemustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:07 PM   #30
mbertels
Bat Boy

It is true that the game does not crash when I am not connected to the internet. Though I reiterate that this was not a problem with OOTP17, so it's some change in this year's game that is causing the problem.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:52 PM   #31
Huckleberry
All Star Reserve

Makes me think challenge mode may be involved.
Old 03-21-2017, 02:11 PM   #32
Anyone
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
Makes me think challenge mode may be involved.
I didn't use challenge mode, and I crash when I try to import my league from OOTP17, as I mentioned in another thread to which I got no response.

I was able to load a historical season without crashing...but what I want is to import my fictional league.
Anyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:14 PM   #33
mbertels
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyone View Post
I didn't use challenge mode, and I crash when I try to import my league from OOTP17, as I mentioned in another thread to which I got no response.

I was able to load a historical season without crashing...but what I want is to import my fictional league.
Sounds more like there is an issue with the file you are importing, which is not the same issue being discussed in this thread. But I could be wrong.
Old 03-21-2017, 02:15 PM   #34
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

We think we've made some progress on this, but it'll probably take until the next build is out to tell for sure.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:19 PM   #35
Anyone
Major Leagues

Quote:
Sounds more like there is an issue with the file you are importing, which is not the same issue being discussed in this thread. But I could be wrong.
It shouldn't be an issue with the file I'm importing, in the sense that that same league works fine in OOTP17.

The end of the trace log (which I'd guess the OOTP team could use to tell me just where something is going wrong) is in this thread: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=275365

It seems it has to do with importing faces, but I don't know why.
Old 03-21-2017, 02:24 PM   #36
mbertels
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyone View Post
It seems it has to do with importing faces, but I don't know why.
Hmm, yeah that is interesting. Sounds like they're making progress. Let's hope for the best!
Old 03-21-2017, 09:51 PM   #37
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Ok, everyone who's mentioned having the issue here should have a PM from me. For anyone else with the same issue, please send me a PM and I'll get back to you on a possible solution.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:54 PM   #38
timcollins345
Bat Boy

Mine's crashing continually. I'm having to save after each day's games and I can't tell what action is causing it. Something as simple as changing a lineup crashes it.
timcollins345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:52 PM   #39
Huckleberry
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlottemustangs View Post
I experienced what I think is a similar issue this morning at work. Our Network firewall detects ootpdevelopments.com as a gaming site and blocks it, so while the program worked fine at home and fine when not connected to the internet at all, it immediately crashes when I connect to the work Network no matter where I am in the game.
Quote:
It is true that the game does not crash when I am not connected to the internet. Though I reiterate that this was not a problem with OOTP17, so it's some change in this year's game that is causing the problem.
I tested this out very recently (after Lukas' PM) and had the same result. The game does not crash when I am not connected to the internet. If you'll recall, though, it also didn't crash when I was in Windows Safe Mode even when I was connected to the internet.

So it seems like there is something the game is doing through networking commands/interaction that Windows allows in Normal Mode but not in Safe Mode that is causing the problem. At least that's my inference.

Last edited by Huckleberry; 03-22-2017 at 12:12 AM.
Old 03-22-2017, 01:27 AM   #40
Anyone
Major Leagues

As was noted, my problem is probably a bit different, and the patch didn't fix it. The big thing is, it crashes on league import (of a league that runs bug-free in v17).

I have my own facegens (from a thread on how to use a demo for them to make one's own), a custom nation, and a lot of other such things in my game. That certainly may be a factor, but it still should import. At worst, I should lose some custom data.

I posted in the thread to which I linked the end of my trace file, and would be willing to post (or ftp) the entire trace file, if that's more helpful...though I'll be out of town and away from OOTP for a few days starting tomorrow, maybe not even on this forum (I'll have some Net access, but whether I'll use more-limited-than-when-I'm- home time on here when I can't play the game itself because I'll be away from my computer, I'm not sure)...just in case I'm asked to post or FTP something and can't.

I'm copying a bunch of customized data files from the OOTP17 to OOTP18 directory, to see if that helps, but I'm not optimistic.