Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-21-2017, 10:25 AM   #21
nico1270
Minors (Triple A)

Arizona Diamondbacks DOSL Manager
Rolando Arnedo, incorrect nationality. From Buenos Aires, Argentina
-----
All these players from the Cuban league have American as nationality:

Holguin
Sergio Avila

Pinar de Rio
Yordanis Barbosa

Guantanamo
Osward Castro
Gabriel Garbey

Granma
Yosvany Garcia

Villa Clara
Pablo Guillen

Santiago de Cuba
Ever Nieves

Mayabeque
Pedro Norat
nico1270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:40 AM   #22
mcssports1
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
I don't think we can set the no trade clause, the game automatically adds those.

I'm pretty sure that we're in the process of working on ratings for a few prospects and the Yankees guys should fall into that category.
My point was he shouldn't have a no-trade in the game at all because he doesn't have one in his actual contract. It isn't a big deal, I just removed it in commish mode but thought I would bring to your attention.

Yankee prospects in particular I believe deserve a reevaluation: Thario Estrada, Estevan Florial, Albert Abreu, Ian Clarkin, Tyler Wade, Dustin Fowler, James Kaprielian, Jordan Montgomery, Dillon Tate.

In addition, you have Hoy Jun Park listed as Hyo Jun Park.
mcssports1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 11:15 AM   #23
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcssports1 View Post
My point was he shouldn't have a no-trade in the game at all because he doesn't have one in his actual contract. It isn't a big deal, I just removed it in commish mode but thought I would bring to your attention.
I understand that, but what I'm saying is we have no control over whether he has one in-game or not, the ai automatically sets those up, unfortunately

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 11:19 AM   #24
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Yankee prospects in particular I believe deserve a reevaluation: Thario Estrada, Estevan Florial, Albert Abreu, Ian Clarkin, Tyler Wade, Dustin Fowler, James Kaprielian, Jordan Montgomery, Dillon Tate.

In addition, you have Hoy Jun Park listed as Hyo Jun Park.
On Park, the Hoy Jun is one of MLB's notorious incorrect translations. Hoy isn't a Korean name at all afaik, the name should properly be translated as Hyo but MLB just doesn't bother to get that stuff right most of the time as was famously demonstrated by the situation with Kendrys Morales. We try to be better than that!

On the prospects, there are still a few guys we haven't adjusted, Abreu for sure among them. However Florial, Clarkin, Wade, Fowler, Kaprielian and Montgomery have all been looked at already and should be correctly rated. If you want to argue for ratings changes there, you'll have to make a convincing case!

Tate has been looked at already, but he's difficult because there are real questions as to whether he's the guy from last year with the poor stuff and fb in the high 80's or the guy from when he was drafted. We tried to get him somewhere in the middle. We might want to look at him again if he starts showing more again this year.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 03-21-2017 at 10:28 PM.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:27 AM   #25
CBLCardinals
OOTP Roster Team

Tampa Bay

IF - Brad Miller is expected to start at 2b, as well as play some 1b and maybe SS. Consider increasing his 2b rating/experience (only at a "2" on the 2/8 scale), and decreasing slightly SS rating, as well as decrease range (noted for not being a good defender)

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx...75&position=SS

Matt Duffy is expected to start at SS once back from injury. Consider slightly increasing SS experience.

http://tampabay.rays.mlb.com/team/de...ex.jsp?c_id=tb

Consider improving Nick Franklin RF experience slightly/slated to be potential backup at 2b, 1b, RF.

Consider RF experience for OF Mallex Smith (expected to be backup in LF and CF, but will probably get some time in RF at some point due to speed/defense)

Remove CF rating from Rickie Weeks and add experience at 1b - he's expected to possibly be a RH option at 1b. Also very poor defender in OF - consider lowering RF/LF experience and/or range.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/219574...ng-day-roster/
CBLCardinals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 11:28 AM   #26
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by nico1270 View Post
Arizona Diamondbacks DOSL Manager
Rolando Arnedo, incorrect nationality. From Buenos Aires, Argentina
-----
All these players from the Cuban league have American as nationality:

Holguin
Sergio Avila

Pinar de Rio
Yordanis Barbosa

Guantanamo
Osward Castro
Gabriel Garbey

Granma
Yosvany Garcia

Villa Clara
Pablo Guillen

Santiago de Cuba
Ever Nieves

Mayabeque
Pedro Norat
Fixed!

Old 03-21-2017, 11:35 AM   #27
Tony79
Minors (Double A)

I think these guys should have multi year contracts...
Byung-Ho Park, Erisbel Arruebarrena, Kole Calhoun and Jon Singleton

There's also a ton of guys in the minors only showing as having MlC despite having played in the majors for their team. Guys like Julio Urias and Alex Reyes for example. Urias started a fair few games for LA but starts in the minors(which is fine) but has a MlC. Surely he should have a major league minimum deal? Am i missing something or are all these guys contracts wrong?
Tony79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 11:40 AM   #28
b10wick
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony79 View Post
There's also a ton of guys in the minors only showing as having MlC despite having played in the majors for their team. Guys like Julio Urias and Alex Reyes for example. Urias started a fair few games for LA but starts in the minors(which is fine) but has a MlC. Surely he should have a major league minimum deal? Am i missing something or are all these guys contracts wrong?
Aaron Blair (ATL) also fits under this.
b10wick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:02 PM   #29
CBLCardinals
OOTP Roster Team

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/251537...-smyly-in-wbc/

Consider bumping up Felix Hernandez average velocity to 90-92

Consider giving OF Kyle Lewis experience in RF and LF. Noted below, knee injury could possibly force him to a corner spot.

The impact that Lewis' knee injury has on his speed has yet to be seen and could ultimately force him to right field, where his plus arm and power potential are both clean fits. He's not expected to resume baseball activities until April, but it shouldn't take Lewis long to make up for the time he lost once fully healthy.

(source: MLB.com - scouting report from Top 30 Mariners prospects)
CBLCardinals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:12 PM   #30
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBLCardinals View Post
http://sports.mynorthwest.com/251537...-smyly-in-wbc/

Consider bumping up Felix Hernandez average velocity to 90-92

Consider giving OF Kyle Lewis experience in RF and LF. Noted below, knee injury could possibly force him to a corner spot.

The impact that Lewis' knee injury has on his speed has yet to be seen and could ultimately force him to right field, where his plus arm and power potential are both clean fits. He's not expected to resume baseball activities until April, but it shouldn't take Lewis long to make up for the time he lost once fully healthy.

(source: MLB.com - scouting report from Top 30 Mariners prospects)
Hernandez's average velocity last year was 90.5 which kind of sits right between the two categories, but since it's been pretty steadily declining, I'd say 88-90 is the slightly better spot to pick. It's debatable though.

We can wait on Lewis until he actually moves there. No need to get ahead of ourselves. He'll gain the experience quickly enough in-game anyway if you do move him to LF or RF.

Old 03-21-2017, 12:12 PM   #31
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony79 View Post
I think these guys should have multi year contracts...
Byung-Ho Park, Erisbel Arruebarrena, Kole Calhoun and Jon Singleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by b10wick View Post
Aaron Blair (ATL) also fits under this.
I think you guys are right, we'll take a look at this.

Old 03-21-2017, 12:33 PM   #32
geoffmatt17
Major Leagues

MiLB player First/Last names reversed in CSV

This seems like the most appropriate place .. Firstly, THANK YOU! for the MiLB csv file!!! Secondly, after a quick pass through of the information on it, I have found 2,700 players who's first and last names are reversed. Just a couple quick steps of adding =left columns next to the minor league ID column and the last name column and seeing what doesn't match. Who can I send this information to?
geoffmatt17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:34 PM   #33
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffmatt17 View Post
This seems like the most appropriate place .. Firstly, THANK YOU! for the MiLB csv file!!! Secondly, after a quick pass through of the information on it, I have found 2,700 players who's first and last names are reversed. Just a couple quick steps of adding =left columns next to the minor league ID column and the last name column and seeing what doesn't match. Who can I send this information to?
Thanks for this, but it actually needs to go here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=275250

Old 03-21-2017, 12:39 PM   #34
mcssports1
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
On Park, the Hoy Jun is one of MLB's notorious incorrect translations. Hoy isn't a Korean name at all afaik, the name should properly be translated as Hyo but MLB just don't bother to get that stuff right most of the time as was famously demonstrated by the situation with Kendrys Morales. We try to be better than that!

On the prospects, there are still a few guys we haven't adjusted, Abreu for sure among them. However Florial, Clarkin, Wade, Fowler, Kaprielian and Montgomery have all been looked at already and should be correctly rated. If you want to argue for ratings changes there, you'll have to make a convincing case!

Tate has been looked at already, but he's difficult because there are real questions as to whether he's the guy from last year with the poor stuff and fb in the high 80's or the guy from when he was drafted. We tried to get him somewhere in the middle. We might want to look at him again if he starts showing more again this year.
The Yankee scout has Kaprielian as 1.5 stars, and when I looked at the ratings that didn't seem far off. He's a consensus top 100 guy and that's even witht he fact he has barely thrown any MILB innings. That's how highly regarded he is. As for Tate, his stuff has rebounded and hes back in the 92-95 range with a sharp slider. Definitely would not say he has rebounded to top4 overall pick status, but he is definitely more than an organizational minor leaguer, which is what he is in the game. Also, when you go to the home screen the list of top Yankee prospects is all out of whack. Juan De Leon isn't even considered top 30 to my knowledge, yet I believe he is listed 3rd. Just some things I noticed. The reason I'm caught up on this is that I was so excited to do the Yankee rebuild and felt that many of the assets were undervalued (and for the record, some are overvalued, such as Jonathan Holder.)
Old 03-21-2017, 12:39 PM   #35
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

Quote:
On Park, the Hoy Jun is one of MLB's notorious incorrect translations. Hoy isn't a Korean name at all afaik, the name should properly be translated as Hyo but MLB just don't bother to get that stuff right most of the time as was famously demonstrated by the situation with Kendrys Morales. We try to be better than that!

I'm a big fan of the Yankees and know their system pretty well, and I think everything is good for the most part. Just a quick question, will there be a roster update when the game officially launches on friday?
wallewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:39 PM   #36
geoffmatt17
Major Leagues

Quote:
Thanks for this, but it actually needs to go here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=275250
Done, thank you!
geoffmatt17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:41 PM   #37
mcssports1
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:

Also, Tyler Wade's best assets are that he is a high contact guy with a very good batting eye. His potential in both these regards I felt should be higher. They are also in the process of making him a "Ben Zobrist type" utility guy and he has been given time in the outfield in the AZFL and Spring Training, so I think he should have experience and eligibility in those spots.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:47 PM   #38
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
The Yankee scout has Kaprielian as 1.5 stars, and when I looked at the ratings that didn't seem far off. He's a consensus top 100 guy and that's even witht he fact he has barely thrown any MILB innings. That's how highly regarded he is.
If you have scouting on, you'll be getting inaccurate results, and that's no use to us! Please try looking at ratings with scouting turned off.

Do you mean current or potential ratings on Kaprelian?

Because he's actually a 4 star potential prospect who ranks 74th overall in MLB with scouting turned off. That seems pretty accurate to me!

Tate isn't an org guy either, he's 2.5 stars, and only that low because we set him with low stamina given some of the questions surrounding him. With higher stamina he's likely even be better.

De Leon is actually reasonably highly rated, you'll likely hear more about him in the future, but he isn't ranked near third in the system, that's another result that comes from having scouting turned on.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 03-21-2017 at 12:54 PM.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:50 PM   #39
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Also, Tyler Wade's best assets are that he is a high contact guy with a very good batting eye. His potential in both these regards I felt should be higher. They are also in the process of making him a "Ben Zobrist type" utility guy and he has been given time in the outfield in the AZFL and Spring Training, so I think he should have experience and eligibility in those spots.
Wade's true potential ratings include a 140 BABIP rating and and 124 Eye rating. Pretty darn high!

As for the other positions, we really don't give guys positional ratings until they've actually played a position in meaningful games. Otherwise it's just too hard to keep track of things, and lots of stuff gets talked about that never happens.

At any rate, guys will gain experience at new positions quicker than ever in OOTP18, so you should be able to turn him into a Zobrist type yourself pretty easily.

Old 03-21-2017, 12:53 PM   #40
mcssports1
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
If you have scouting on, you'll be getting inaccurate results, and that's no use to us! Please try looking at ratings with scouting turned off.

Do you mean current or potential ratings on Kaprelian?

Because he's actually a 4 star potential prospect who ranks 74th overall in MLB with scouting turned off. That seems pretty accurate to me!

Tate isn't an org guy wither, he's 2.5 stars, and only that low because we set him with low stamina given some of the questions surrounding him. With higher stamina he's likely even be better.

De Leon is actually reasonably highly rated, you'll likely hear more about him in the future but he isn't ranked near third in the system, that's another result that comes from having scouting turned on.
Hmm okay interesting. I do have scouting turned on, but I also am in commish mode so I can go into their stats and look. Those aren't affected by scouts are they? And in terms of the top prospect lists, I get that scouts have different opinions and are varying degrees of accurate, but the official list that comes out and that managers get a message about aren't affected by scouts are they? Those are like the equivalent of Baseball America's official list I thought. Because De Leon is on that list which I found surprising, and Torres is listed down in the 40s I believe.