Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 11-06-2015, 11:40 PM   #1
Cuthbert Allgood
Bat Boy

Hi

Just taking the plunge into this game. I know very little about baseball to be honest and since the developers are in the middle of developing Beyond the Sideline, I thought I'd try this out and show some support.

Hopefully you guys could help me out in the future! Very excited!
Cuthbert Allgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 11:59 PM   #2
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Welcome to the forums & to OOTP, Cuthbert. You'll love the game, I'm sure

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 12:06 AM   #3
ihatenames
Hall Of Famer

Hi and welcome. If you have any questions about the game or baseball for that matter please don't hesitate to ask. There is a fantastic community here with a wealth of knowledge.

Enjoy!
Old 11-07-2015, 01:30 PM   #4
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Seems everyone (or a lot of us) plays the game with a slightly different focus .... what's wonderful about OOTP 16 is it allows a near endless approach. So feel free to create the game that you want (personally I'm doing historical from 1901, and manually putting Negro League players into the free agent pool the year (or approx. year) they started playing professionally). And as for questions, someone here usually has an answer or working solution within a day or so. It's a magnificent group. Enjoy and feel free to explore how the game works for you.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 04:33 PM   #5
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchkenn View Post
Seems everyone (or a lot of us) plays the game with a slightly different focus .... what's wonderful about OOTP 16 is it allows a near endless approach. So feel free to create the game that you want (personally I'm doing historical from 1901, and manually putting Negro League players into the free agent pool the year (or approx. year) they started playing professionally). And as for questions, someone here usually has an answer or working solution within a day or so. It's a magnificent group. Enjoy and feel free to explore how the game works for you.
You should place the ratings of the Negro League players on the OOTP Mods board. I'd be happy to see it.

I also listen to music no one's ever heard of in hopes of looking cool and alternative.
TheMaus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 06:21 PM   #6
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

I am still working on my list. It starts in 1901 and goes to 1950. Right now i am adding players after 1933 up to 1950 or a little later, as I search through my latest Negro League Book. i can find names but little data of players post Jackie Robinson era - so that's an ongoing struggle. The data is a mismash of sources and data for the Negro Leagues. There are two web sites (seamheads and Baseball Reference) that i use to get extra data to supplement the books. The books I have on Negro Leagues are "Only The Ball Was White", "The Biographical Encyclopedia Of The Negro Baseball Leagues" and "The Negro Leagues Book".) I also used some data from a quick start Negro Leagues All Time Greats from this site. (Can't recall who created that, but they did a great job. My only dislike is that the players were not entered for the years they started their professional career.). All this means some more or less data on players .... some needs to be "created" based on stats. And i never found a good way of entering the data, other than creating fictional free agents and then edit the data as best as i can. I just never could fathom or have the energy to figure out .csv files. Could have done better on players size and weight. I did get some pics from seamheads for a few players ..... as i said, it's an on going, mismash and very incomplete data list, but it's enjoyable from my point of view. IF i ever get it finished (been working on it for over 3 years now), i'd need to figure out how to get it posted or share with anyone interested.

Last edited by mitchkenn; 11-07-2015 at 06:43 PM.
Old 11-07-2015, 09:03 PM   #7
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I am still working on my list. It starts in 1901 and goes to 1950. Right now i am adding players after 1933 up to 1950 or a little later, as I search through my latest Negro League Book. i can find names but little data of players post Jackie Robinson era - so that's an ongoing struggle. The data is a mismash of sources and data for the Negro Leagues. There are two web sites (seamheads and Baseball Reference) that i use to get extra data to supplement the books. The books I have on Negro Leagues are "Only The Ball Was White", "The Biographical Encyclopedia Of The Negro Baseball Leagues" and "The Negro Leagues Book".) I also used some data from a quick start Negro Leagues All Time Greats from this site. (Can't recall who created that, but they did a great job. My only dislike is that the players were not entered for the years they started their professional career.). All this means some more or less data on players .... some needs to be "created" based on stats. And i never found a good way of entering the data, other than creating fictional free agents and then edit the data as best as i can. I just never could fathom or have the energy to figure out .csv files. Could have done better on players size and weight. I did get some pics from seamheads for a few players ..... as i said, it's an on going, mismash and very incomplete data list, but it's enjoyable from my point of view. IF i ever get it finished (been working on it for over 3 years now), i'd need to figure out how to get it posted or share with anyone interested.
You dont have to load them manually. Use the Sprtize DB, he already has them all, or nearly all.
Use Big Rods Importer program for the Spritze DB.
Here are a few players from my ABF league using neutralized stats.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3866453
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3816495
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3805973
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 08:49 AM   #8
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Smile

what???? i missed this all along!!!! THANK-You. I'll have to look into this. Great to know. I'll probably still work on my list and compare - see if i have a few missed or vice versa. Many thanks again.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:17 PM   #9
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

pretty darned comprehensive - at least in the first year i've been dinking around with it. Think i'll play with it a while before going back to researching my scattered list. it may just have made my work obsolete! Which may not be a bad thing. Many thanks again to The Game for pointing me in this direction.
Old 11-08-2015, 08:43 PM   #10
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
pretty darned comprehensive - at least in the first year i've been dinking around with it. Think i'll play with it a while before going back to researching my scattered list. it may just have made my work obsolete! Which may not be a bad thing. Many thanks again to The Game for pointing me in this direction.
Forgot to mention txranger has a Negro league.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ue-1920-a.html

& Bigrods importer
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-3-0-plus.html
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 11:11 AM   #11
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

thanks for the heads up on the txranger Negro League. I'd seen it and tinkered with it a bit before. Used some of his players missing in my never ending but unruly list, but it wasn't exactly what i needed. The Sprtize DB you pointed me to is almost exactly what I was looking for. The few players i do find missing, I can add manually, but they are few and far between i am finding. Again, thank you very much. This site and you guys are simply incredible.