Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 09-28-2015, 10:16 PM   #121
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenOak View Post
Anyone know where to go to find Midget and Bantam level teams? The team pages obviously exist because you can click on a player who plays for said team, and it will take you to the team screen. I can't figure out how to get there from the Leagues of the World screen though.
Hit the globe icon on the Team + League Controls menu, then the right arrow at the bottom-right corner to take you to the second page, they're all there.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 10:22 PM   #122
MXD
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Individual clubs with coaches. Did you find the Development, Training, and Aging page in the manual, though? I wrote a pretty extensive description there.
Speaking of these... How are the "stars" determined? "Sum" of coach abilities or "average" of coach abilities?
MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 10:27 PM   #123
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Can you unetire a Coach into a Player?
Clone? Add a Farm Team to a Team?
Old 09-28-2015, 10:33 PM   #124
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Speaking of these... How are the "stars" determined? "Sum" of coach abilities or "average" of coach abilities?
Depends on which one (the formulas vary a bit), but generally sum of the head coach plus the best coaches in a given category with extra weighting to the head coach so small staffs aren't handicapped too badly.
Old 09-28-2015, 10:36 PM   #125
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
Can you unetire a Coach into a Player?
Clone? Add a Farm Team to a Team?
Some players, particularly ones with good leadership skills, will go into coaching after they retire, but you can't control which ones.

No way to clone or add a farm team.
Old 09-28-2015, 10:36 PM   #126
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Anyone else having trouble getting one of their custom made jerseys into the game? Mine don't seem to want to go. Right size also PNG. name is in the correct way. There's something i'm missing here.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 10:40 PM   #127
GiantYankee
All Star Starter

Quote:
They match real-world or historical schedules, so if you can find a real case of the schedule you want, look for that league's alignment in the list and there's a good chance the schedule will be what you're looking for. Can't think of any offhand with perfect balance like that, but the circa-1980 NHL setup (21 teams, 2 conferences, 4 divisions, 80 games) is balanced 2H/2A through the whole league.
Hopefully in the future we will be able to create and import custom schedules. Being a micromanager of my text sim worlds gets annoying.
GiantYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 10:46 PM   #128
Lord PichuPal
All Star Reserve

One thing came to mind that I'm curious to know before I get too deep into things. When a new patch is released (namely on the Steam version), will any changes made be applied to existing saves or only new games? In particular wondering about this for expansion options, so that my save can still expand the minor leagues as necessary later on.
Lord PichuPal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 10:55 PM   #129
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

Does anyone know how you can control another team in Commissioner mode? Or is it even possible to, say, draft for the other teams in your league in some way instead of letting the AI do it?
thirdsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 11:02 PM   #130
Goldash
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdsaint View Post
Does anyone know how you can control another team in Commissioner mode? Or is it even possible to, say, draft for the other teams in your league in some way instead of letting the AI do it?
I asked this a few pages ago. There isn't an option like OOTP's "Act as..." yet. Most of the roster moves have to be made either by applying for a GM job or through the player edit screen in Commissioner Mode.

I'll be honest, while this is an amazing game, the inability to manually override as a commissioner could cause some problems in case of emergency. Hopefully it won't be too hard to implement in future editions. I'll certainly be patient about it with all the other things there is to do.

Last edited by Goldash; 09-28-2015 at 11:07 PM.
Goldash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 11:08 PM   #131
RCR86
Bat Boy

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this particular question... But could you guys lower the date of birth restriction? Possibly in a future update/patch. I like playing as myself in these management games and so far this is the only series where I am unable to do so. I actually created a thread about it in the original FHM forum which garnered some attention, but received no response. I would really appreciate if this gets worked into the game. I really want to get invested into the game you created. It's a little thing, but makes a huge difference when I can see myself in the game/world. Thank you.

Original Thread: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3458972
RCR86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 11:13 PM   #132
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by krownroyal83 View Post
Anyone else having trouble getting one of their custom made jerseys into the game? Mine don't seem to want to go. Right size also PNG. name is in the correct way. There's something i'm missing here.
I also have one that doesn't seem to go in. Just off the wall thinking here but there's a lot of characters in the name of the file so I wonder if that has something to do with it as silly as it sounds.

Edit: Nevermind. Despite the jersey not coming through in the initial draft, I selected auto reload the picture for the player and it came through.

Last edited by thirdsaint; 09-28-2015 at 11:22 PM.
thirdsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 11:34 PM   #133
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCR86 View Post
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this particular question... But could you guys lower the date of birth restriction? Possibly in a future update/patch. I like playing as myself in these management games and so far this is the only series where I am unable to do so. I actually created a thread about it in the original FHM forum which garnered some attention, but received no response. I would really appreciate if this gets worked into the game. I really want to get invested into the game you created. It's a little thing, but makes a huge difference when I can see myself in the game/world. Thank you.

Original Thread: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3458972
Yeah, shouldn't hurt anything as far as I know. Gary Green was coaching in the NHL at 25. I'll throw it on the quick-fix list, I think Malte can do that easily.
Old 09-28-2015, 11:39 PM   #134
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

Is there a way to allow for more players on the roster during pre-season?
beezer2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 11:42 PM   #135
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Is there a main screen to see all the trades made during the season and not just the transactions made on each individual team page.
Old 09-28-2015, 11:43 PM   #136
RCR86
Bat Boy

Quote:
Yeah, shouldn't hurt anything as far as I know. Gary Green was coaching in the NHL at 25. I'll throw it on the quick-fix list, I think Malte can do that easily.

Thank you so much for the quick reply! You have no idea how big this would be for me. So glad to support your vision and team. Thanks JeffR!!!
RCR86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 11:55 PM   #137
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

nevermind

Last edited by Mike Lowe; 09-28-2015 at 11:59 PM.
Mike Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 12:04 AM   #138
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Is there a main screen to see all the trades made during the season and not just the transactions made on each individual team page.
Also what about a page that shows how close/far they are away from the cap limit.
Old 09-29-2015, 12:16 AM   #139
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord PichuPal View Post
One thing came to mind that I'm curious to know before I get too deep into things. When a new patch is released (namely on the Steam version), will any changes made be applied to existing saves or only new games? In particular wondering about this for expansion options, so that my save can still expand the minor leagues as necessary later on.
It really depends what the patch does. Changes in things like the interface, match engine mechanics, and AI roster management will generally integrate with old saves pretty well or perfectly. But some areas, like player development, depend on data that may already have been created in the save in ways that the fixes improve on, and you'll be stuck with that suboptimal data until it works its way out of the game as the players age.

If you're talking about being able to add minor league expansion teams when expanding the major league in fictional mode, I think that should work with an existing save once we've patched it in.
Old 09-29-2015, 12:19 AM   #140
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
The league home screen, if you filter the news by transactions, will do this (but it'll show free agent signings, too.)