Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 09-22-2015, 09:32 PM   #1
OffTheFoulPole
Bat Boy

Angry player?

My 4th starter in a 4-man rotation is angry. Is there anything I can do to help improve his mood? He had been cold, but the cold symbol is gone now, and he seems to be pulling out of his funk a little bit of late. How do I know whether his anger is due to his poor performance or due to some other cause?

Related questions: This same pitcher seems to be a really good hitter. Can I convert him into a position player and have him learn a position? Is there any problem (other than exposing him to injury) in having him pinch-hit?

Last edited by OffTheFoulPole; 09-22-2015 at 09:33 PM.
OffTheFoulPole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:46 PM   #2
OffTheFoulPole
Bat Boy

I figured out why he is unhappy--it's due to his performance. In that case, is there anything I can do to help him?

I'd still like to know if I put him on the reserve list, is it possible to reassign his role to be a position player and have him learn a position?
Old 09-22-2015, 10:48 PM   #3
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Player Profile, bottom left box-
Clicking the blue text in the red circle changes the info in the box.
Attached Images
Old 09-23-2015, 12:56 PM   #4
psd
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffTheFoulPole View Post
I figured out why he is unhappy--it's due to his performance. In that case, is there anything I can do to help him?
Give him a little blue pill?
psd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 11:22 PM   #5
OffTheFoulPole
Bat Boy

Let me rephrase my questions.

Is there a way to coach, motivate, or discipline a player other than by withholding or granting playing time? Included in that, let's consider demotions and promotions as withholding or granting PT.

A player can send you a personal message. Can you send replies to the player?

Can you initiate a message to a player? It would be great if there could be a database of pre-written communications, and using a drop-down menu of sorts, you could select one of those messages and send it.

Last edited by OffTheFoulPole; 09-23-2015 at 11:28 PM.
Old 09-24-2015, 01:11 AM   #6
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Those options are not available.
I would look to see if his expectations are loony. Are his stats results in line(ish) with his ratings?
If his performance is poor what is the problem?
Is his BABIP through the roof? How is the defense behind him?
Has he ended up pitching in front of the backup squad when everyone gets a day off?

I do not pay a lot of attention to player mood. When I do I really try to figure out what the problem is and see if it is an indicator of something bigger.
Old 10-09-2015, 12:29 AM   #7
Kent814
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffTheFoulPole View Post
Let me rephrase my questions.

Can you initiate a message to a player? It would be great if there could be a database of pre-written communications, and using a drop-down menu of sorts, you could select one of those messages and send it.
Sounds a bit like football manager. OOTP is more focused on statistical accuracy than reflecting actual real life interactions. This may be an option down the road, but its not currently available.
Kent814 is offline   Reply With Quote