Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-14-2015, 04:56 PM   #1
ManFlute
Bat Boy

Lightbulb Bullpen Strategy and Role Stats

As of now, I'm playing a GM only mode but there's no way to tell my manager I want to try a new bullpen strategy, such as bullpen-by-committee. I think it would be cool to be able to nudge my manager toward using different strategies in the pen, since (so far) I haven't seen a manager use anything but the standard "best 3 relievers = closer, setup, setup" tactic.

Also, it would be cool to be able to sort stats by the position/role they're playing. I'd love to know if my pitcher is putting out a 6 ERA in the rotation while putting out a 1.50 from the pen.

For example, Brandon Maurer had a 4.65 ERA with 55 Ks in 69.2 IP in 2014 overall. However, when starting, he was lit up to a 7.52 ERA with a 4.7 K/9 in seven starts, but when converted to a reliever, he put up a 2.36 ERA with a 9.2 K/9 in 34.1 IP.

As you can see, that's a huge transformation that changed the course of Maurer's career, and it would be useful to see that in-game to best determine a pitcher's role.
ManFlute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 05:01 PM   #2
RchW
Hall Of Famer

You mean like this?
Attached Images

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 06:35 PM   #3
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Please notice that Sutton shows the complete uselessness of ERA in evaluating pitchers. He is far more effective in the 'pen despite the ERA.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 03:49 PM   #4
mgoetze
Minors (Triple A)

I would also like to tell my manager to appoint a bloody 3rd setup man, because my two setup men and closer might get killed by my .650 winning percentage otherwise.

More seriously this would be nice and piggyback starters would be even nicer.
mgoetze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 11:34 AM   #5
voxpoptart
Major Leagues

I'm with this idea. The bullpen options have improved already -- it's now possible to have Closers come in for 2-inning stints and set-up relievers enter in the 6th, and if you're set in 1980 the computer teams will do this too. But it'd be cool to have entire other bullpen styles programmed in as options. E.g., the "Fireman" style of the 1970s, where your best reliever comes in whenever a close game seems at risk of getting out of hand; or the 1950s style of bringing in a SP on his off-day to finish the 9th inning. Or the "committee" style suggested here.
voxpoptart is offline   Reply With Quote