Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test > FHM - Beta Data Issues

Old 03-18-2013, 04:36 AM   #21
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YZG View Post
Hi guys, I decided to do some KHL simming to check how it behaves, like I've done recently with the Elitserien. I haven't proceeded yet, but noticed that several teams (Donbass, Dynamo Moskva, SKA, Lev, Dynamo Minsk, probably others as well) have Ukrainian, Belarussian, Czech or Russian players with English names right from the start, before any simming occurs. Are these placeholders you guys created for unrated players, or is the game generating fake players in these teams to fill rosters? In the latter case, it's a bit silly, Dynamo Moskva has good depth.
It's a problem with placeholder players being generated by the game in certain conditions as the KHL roster rules are not correct yet. Read geckon's post too. There'se nothing we can do now, just wait until we get a fix. I suggest you to wait a couple of builds before having a better look at the KHL.

Quote:
A special note:
- Araya Dze/Dzyo: This name makes absolutely no sense. Not your fault though, no source seems to get it right anywhere. Araya is a Japanese surname. However, "Dze" or "Dzyo" are sounds that just don't exist in that language. "Jo" or "Jō/Jou" would make more sense, in which case the team/league officials got the transliteration wrong. However,
Junior Hockey League - Players : Araya Jo got it right.

I found this: https://twitter.com/joe_hcdinamo66 and ?? ?'s Twitter account (@joe_hcdinamo66) is worth between $14.26 and $23.77 USD | Account-Market.com. It is very, very likely his twitter account (his bio is short but telling). He transliterates his name correctly. I think it's just a nickname, though. His real name would be 新谷 誠. Last character is the given name: most likely Makoto, which is common in Japan. First two are the family name. Several different Japanese family names spell this way according to jisho.org, including Araya. So... his name would be Makoto Araya, but he would go by the nickname "Jo".
Araya Dzyo is just the phonetic transliteration of the name in Russian, this is why he always get written like that. We'll most likely modify his name, although he seems to be off the map right now, he played a bunch of games for Dynamo Moscow's junior team (not the MHL) then he disappeared. Hopefully he'll be back. Thanks for the twitter link, I'll try and contact him to understand his name (even though I am rather sure your attempt is correct)
Old 03-26-2013, 09:43 AM   #22
KV-1
Bat Boy

Began play for CSKA Moscow. Please, pay attention to:
1. Ticket price (1 $ in the game). In Moscow for 1$ you can only buy chewing gum. In real, ticket prices for CSKA – 2000rub (70$) places on central stands; cheap tickets in the corner 7-15 $
2. Player’s salary. In the game there isn’t significant differences in wage between core and backup/decent players. Something about 500 000-400 000 per year accordingly.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:59 AM   #23
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KV-1 View Post
1. Ticket price (1 $ in the game). In Moscow for 1$ you can only buy chewing gum. In real, ticket prices for CSKA – 2000rub (70$) places on central stands; cheap tickets in the corner 7-15 $
2. Player’s salary. In the game there isn’t significant differences in wage between core and backup/decent players. Something about 500 000-400 000 per year accordingly.
I think ticket prices aren't supposed to work at the moment and I'm sure that contracts aren't supposed to work now. There is work in progress on them.
Maybe the next DB update could have the wages in better shape.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:10 PM   #24
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KV-1 View Post
Hello KV-1, thanks for your observations. Are you from Russia?

1 - Ticket prices are still not working in the game. They will be coded later.

2 - There is still a lot of work to be done with player contracts. You will start noting something within the next 2-3 db updates.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:54 AM   #25
Vendo
Bat Boy

slovan bratislava 0.9.31

Hello,

three players have last name "Unknown" and in HK 36 Skalica i found two players with Uknown last name too.. pls fix it
Old 05-24-2013, 01:21 PM   #26
Airchallenged
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Oskar Osala is missing from the game. He is RFA property of the Carolina Hurricanes but playing for Neftekhimik. I would hold off assigning him to any team maybe since his KHL contract ends before the full release of the game.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:19 AM   #27
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendo View Post
Hello,

three players have last name "Unknown" and in HK 36 Skalica i found two players with Uknown last name too.. pls fix it
It's a known bug, it will be fixed soon.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:23 AM   #28
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airchallenged View Post
Oskar Osala is missing from the game. He is RFA property of the Carolina Hurricanes but playing for Neftekhimik. I would hold off assigning him to any team maybe since his KHL contract ends before the full release of the game.
For some reasons he was set as unactive last week. I reactivated it back and in the next update he will be a free agent.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:33 AM   #29
Vendo
Bat Boy

Slovan Bratislava

Olvecky is center, Libor Hudacek never was center... he is left wing, Marko dano is RW (he sometimes play C but mostly RW).. i think that Satan, Bliznak, Hudacek and Vondrka are underated (they all played in national teams).. but its just my opinion
Old 05-30-2013, 04:58 AM   #30
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

HC Slovan is still a work in progress.
Please feel free to add any comment/request/change, it will easy up the editing work, thanks
Old 07-31-2013, 04:52 AM   #31
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Is anyone willing to give a hand with Russian research? Russian High League and Junior leagues need some good work
Old 09-08-2013, 03:52 AM   #32
Landeskog92
Bat Boy

In the KHL generally articulate the rights to young players? If so, then they are badly spelled.

Yakupov, MacKinnon, Zibanejad, Klefbom, F.Forsberg, M.Grigorenko, W.Nylander and other players already drafted in past years.

Rosters errors

Spartak

Lasak (Spartak)--------->free agents
Pristuplyuk (Spartak)--------->free agents
Trubachyov (Spartak)-------->Atlant (never playing for Spartak!!!)
Feoktistov (Spartak)---------->Sokol Krasnoyarsk (loan in farm-club)
Mikhailov (Spartak)------------>Red Ice
Suglobov (Spartak)--------->free agents
Zhukov (Spartak/Sokol)-------->Yugra
Spirko playing in first line IRL, but you have had terrible skills and he is trading block in game
Nesterov one of the fastest players in KHL IRL, and you tell him to do terrible speed skill in the game, he is also a trading block.

And this is only the first impression of a team of KHL! Awful!

What rule is that?
Max. Foreign Players - 25 players - This is for all teams? Spartak or SKA can also have 25 foreign players?

Why no salary cap?

Without editor this manager just bad for play in KHL league.

Last edited by Landeskog92; 09-08-2013 at 04:01 AM.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:02 AM   #33
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landeskog92 View Post
In the KHL generally articulate the rights to young players? If so, then they are badly spelled.

Yakupov, MacKinnon, Zibanejad, Klefbom, F.Forsberg, M.Grigorenko, W.Nylander and other players already drafted in past years.
KHL draft is just half-implemented or so, for now unfortunately it won't make much of an impact (not that in the KHL it does, but that's another thing)

Quote:
Rosters errors

Spartak

Lasak (Spartak)--------->free agents
Pristuplyuk (Spartak)--------->free agents
Trubachyov (Spartak)-------->Atlant (never playing for Spartak!!!)
Feoktistov (Spartak)---------->Sokol Krasnoyarsk (loan in farm-club)
Mikhailov (Spartak)------------>Red Ice
Suglobov (Spartak)--------->free agents
Zhukov (Spartak/Sokol)-------->Yugra
Most of them were done already, will be in once we'll get a patch with DB updated. What wasn't done is now done.

Quote:
Spirko playing in first line IRL, but you have had terrible skills and he is trading block in game
Nesterov one of the fastest players in KHL IRL, and you tell him to do terrible speed skill in the game, he is also a trading block.
Single ratings aren't in yet, working on it.

Quote:
And this is only the first impression of a team of KHL! Awful!
The KHL isn't at the level I want it to be, I said it many times and is now getting better. But I also asked for some help, and no one, you included, not even dared to reply. It's very hard to research a vast league like the KHL which has 28 times, test the game, explain the 1000th change of rules to the devs, all of this in your free time because this isn't a job.

Quote:
What rule is that?
Max. Foreign Players - 25 players - This is for all teams? Spartak or SKA can also have 25 foreign players?
No, this is just for non-Russian teams.

Quote:
Why no salary cap?
KHL rules are so far away from being well reflected in the game, let alone if we had a salary cap too. Moreover, we don't have salaries for players, just estimates/rumors and the total budget for teams. I think it won't be good to have the salary cap in the game until we won't have the single salaries of every player.

Quote:
Without editor this manager just bad for play in KHL league.
I think that mostly is because the rules aren't well reflected yet. The devs #1 priority is the NHL, and we can't blame them for this.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:05 AM   #34
Landeskog92
Bat Boy

No, I'm sorry, if the developer sets one price for all, then the product should be equally good for all!
And if the developer is not able to follow all the leagues, give the same opportunity to correct your shortcomings through the editor.

And as it turns out, we got your money, the league KHL is good enough and did not know when the figure will do, and you fix it yourself, too, we will not.

Trubachyov in Spartak from the first beta, during this time you've added a bunch of the players. Zhukov left Spartak generally more during last season! and this error you have not noticed? Cool!

And as to aid developers in the base game, I had help with the EHM, where many of my adjustments were not applied with the comment: "We do not have time to make them, because our priority - it's the NHL."
After that I started to do all the fixes for the KHL personally Editor for me and my friends, and not to wait for 3-4 months of correction. FHM this possibility does not give me, and that's too bad.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:07 AM   #35
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by landeskog92 View Post
no, i'm sorry, if the developer sets one price for all, then the product should be equally good for all!
And if the developer is not able to follow all the leagues, give the same opportunity to correct your shortcomings through the editor.

And as it turns out, we got your money, the league khl is good enough and did not know when the figure will do, and you fix it yourself, too, we will not.

Trubachyov in spartak from the first beta, during this time you've added a bunch of the players. Zhukov left spartak generally more during last season! And this error you have not noticed? Cool!

And as to aid developers in the base game, i had help with the ehm, where many of my adjustments were not applied with the comment: "we do not have time to make them, because our priority - it's the nhl."
after that i started to do all the fixes for the khl personally editor for me and my friends, and not to wait for 3-4 months of correction. Fhm this possibility does not give me, and that's too bad.
edit.

Last edited by Alessandro; 09-08-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:39 AM   #36
Nino33
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landeskog92 View Post
And as to aid developers in the base game, I had help with the EHM, where many of my adjustments were not applied with the comment: "We do not have time to make them, because our priority - it's the NHL."
After that I started to do all the fixes for the KHL personally Editor for me and my friends, and not to wait for 3-4 months of correction. FHM this possibility does not give me, and that's too bad.
Actually if you start a game in Commissioner Mode, make all your edits and save the game as a Quickstart, you can do the editing you desire right away
Old 09-17-2013, 07:53 AM   #37
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

A little update.

Most recent KHL transfers are in, although a couple of transfers were done when I already sent the DB in (for example, Osipenko to Spartak), plus another couple of moves were left off (eg Yevgeni Fyodorov to Avtomobilist).
I also reworked any KHL goalie (that is, all first and backup goalies, some 3rd goalie) including better TAs, PAs, and goalie attributes. So at least we should notice some more statistical realism here, hoping that the game engine will reward this job lately, though, the stats are much better, so I'm confident we'll find some goalie fun here.
Now, unfortunately, I'll have to work a bit less on the DB as there's a big even in my family coming soon, but I want to start working on skaters' TAs and PAs. They are generally too low in the KHL and mostly need to be raised. But this is something we'll see the results a bit further down the road.