Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - New to the Game?

OOTP 20 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 04-13-2019, 01:52 PM   #1
fudoki
Bat Boy

Rehabbing player missing / pitching coach

Hi folks, Loving the game so far but have two questions:-
1) I sent 2 MLB level players from the injured list to rehab at our AAA team. One ( a hitter) is visible on the roster with a red + and is playing in games. The other (a pitcher) is missing. Search shows he is at AAA but I just cannot see him on the roster which is making rehabbing him difficult. Am I missing something?

2) I've been unsuccessful in signing pitching coaches for two of my minor league teams (the game is running real time so is now 13/4). When I go to the staff pages, there is literally no coach interested in becoming the pitching coach for my AA and GCL teams. I've tried turning on the assistant GM to handle staff but nothing has happened. (This league was previously running under 2019 and I had no joy in that version either). Is this a bug or am I missing something?

thanks
--Mike
fudoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 08:02 PM   #2
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

odd about the coach thing... maybe try signing one before they are all gone?

still shouldn't run into that problem even so, imo.

as far as finding the other player...

go to rosters and transactions screen and make a few of the tiles show - DFA and Disabled List -- or whatever PC term they changed it to this year, if reflected in OotP too.

maybe he's dfa (wouldn't know how, but...), or still on the injured list?
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 04:20 PM   #3
fudoki
Bat Boy

Seems the missing rehab issue has been resolved (bug fix perhaps). Still have 2 openings I just cannot fill. Literally no-one interested still and cannot offer as they say "no interest in working for...." Tried setting the staff to auto but no luck there either.
Old 05-30-2019, 11:24 PM   #4
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

make some coaches? you can create some additional fictional coaches.

if you have an opening they will accept, hire and demote. likely costs more per year and a bit abusive, but... upto you. won't always be possible, and have to remember to fill bottom-up to start, which may preclude you from hiring the best choice at the top etc...

if not challenge mode, turn comissioner mode on, lol... i don't think it's the game's intent for you to have no coaches available to hire. i'd be willing to go outside the lines a bit on overcoming this particular obstacle, but each to their own.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 12:42 PM   #5
fudoki
Bat Boy

Unfortunately creating coaches is not an option (online league). There are loads of available coaches, just none who'll sign for me :/
Old 06-25-2019, 03:35 PM   #6
fudoki
Bat Boy

Bumping this post. There are 3 GMs in our online league who cannot find coaches willing to sign for various minor league affiliates.