Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-26-2017, 05:00 PM   #21
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

they shouldn't be all the same.. i see/saw a lot of variation in ootp'17.

maybe a somethign to mention if you se them all not deviating in the bug forum ?? i'd look into it first b efore posting, though.

i think it's under global settings->player evaluation.. an option resets coach strategies to reflect chagnes? likely only applies to reatings vs statistics being used per coach for overall rating, but maybe it re-does it all... worth a look.

you could try deleteing all coaches and re-filling the leauge with fictional coaches (not sure if you are doing RL, but if those are too alike, that's a different thing and probably by design).

i'd do that after changing the strategies you want to change -- maybe test it with a drastic shift in strategies and compare the new coaches and see if they have shifted in that direction (whatever the massive change was).

if they shift, you know that's a quick and easy way to institute those changes.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 07:11 PM   #22
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
they shouldn't be all the same.. i see/saw a lot of variation in ootp'17.

maybe a somethign to mention if you se them all not deviating in the bug forum ?? i'd look into it first b efore posting, though.

i think it's under global settings->player evaluation.. an option resets coach strategies to reflect chagnes? likely only applies to reatings vs statistics being used per coach for overall rating, but maybe it re-does it all... worth a look.

you could try deleteing all coaches and re-filling the leauge with fictional coaches (not sure if you are doing RL, but if those are too alike, that's a different thing and probably by design).

i'd do that after changing the strategies you want to change -- maybe test it with a drastic shift in strategies and compare the new coaches and see if they have shifted in that direction (whatever the massive change was).

if they shift, you know that's a quick and easy way to institute those changes.
Thanks for the advice! I just went through every team. With the exception of Hazan, Coppola, Duquette, Zaidi, and Peller every single GM has the same trading and prospect strategy.

And there is very little variation in the Player Valuation sliders. I'm going to punt this over to the Bugs.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 07:58 PM   #23
Badnewsgoonies
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I played ootp 17 with very hard difficulty cause otherwise it seemed easy. You'd lose like 80% of the trades unfortunately but you are also smarter then the computer lol. Overall it seems like a joy to play with hard trade settings aha
Badnewsgoonies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 08:12 PM   #24
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Edit: the player evaluation sliders can defintely be adjusted by the option on that settings page - it will adjust all the personnell for the change in the setting (similar to changing finances, you can recalibrate league to your changes)... again maybe it applies this uniformly to Real personnel... it may be applied differently than fictional players??

Are those real managers? that may be why.

go to available personnel and create X coaches. i'd suggest a smallish number and Managers, not lesser coaches. you'll probably see more variation from just 10 fictionally created coaches.

i know they vary, because i edit my coach to my preferences. I do that with my Asst. GM, too. i've seen planety with hyperbolic trading settings. if that isn't happening in '18 with fictional, i can say for certain that is different from last year. that is likely unintentional for that reason.

so, if it's 100% uniform with real GM, then it may be "normal" or not... you could post it in bugs and ask if that is normal for all Real gm to be 50/50 trade preference or whatever (maybe it's just tied to overall settings for those real GM without deviation on purpose or on accident).

Last edited by NoOne; 03-26-2017 at 08:15 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 11:10 PM   #25
jmilone
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjl518 View Post
even on HARD I get some pretty good offers...that I don't think the other team would make.
Really? I am forever offered hot garbage. Like hey do you want to trade Gary Sanchez for one single a guy with a half star rating? I wish I had a nasty reject option for that.
jmilone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:23 PM   #26
charlottemustangs
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I've played 1 season and I'm so tired of getting I'll offer you this one player for your one player. And I'm tired of getting, here's a guy that you might be interested in, contact me and we'll talk, and it just brings up a blank trade slate. Why does the computer never made a decent offer? Or an offer with multiple players?
charlottemustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 12:00 AM   #27
Hurricane75
Bat Boy

I will say that, when I started a rebuilt with the Nats, I traded Strasburg, Murphy, and others and all I could get in return were a #12, #35, #86, and two other prospects. The team had other prospects that I wasn't able to trade for. Any team today would give up almost anything to get Strasburg, but throw in other 4.5/5 star players and you should be able to get a kings ransom for it.

If you have trading with other pro leagues enabled, it is much, much too easy to trade with them. Have a 31 year old minor league player who has 40s across the board? The Independent Leagues will pay a 4 star prospect and 2.5 million in cash for him.
Hurricane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 07:02 AM   #28
elkaotic
Bat Boy

So if I understood it well, we can't change trade diffuclty in challenge mode??
elkaotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 08:13 AM   #29
ThePretender
All Star Starter

No, you can't change the trade difficulty.

Also, while it's difficult to do certain trades, you can get very creative with deals once you understand what the AI values and doesn't value.

For the original thing about Sale, shop a prospect isn't the best way to get pieces in return. The computer doesn't like moving prospects. So change what you ask for. Don't ask for prospects. There are other ways to get value from Sale.

The AI is stupid about what it wants from some players, but you have to get creative in what you're looking for. Sometimes you'll be very surprised what players you can acquire without even moving top tier prospects. It's very easy to retool and create strong teams for any team. You can even make the Marlins a realistic playoff contender on challenge mode in 2017.
ThePretender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 08:51 AM   #30
elkaotic
Bat Boy

Yeah I can imagine indeed, I'm looking to improve my rotation with a decent SP hard to fine
elkaotic is offline   Reply With Quote