Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 06-10-2017, 06:17 AM   #21
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Another strange thing about the continuing earthquakes. I get the earthquakes with every single historical league I create. No matter what, when I set up a historical league about 8 or 9 games into the season the earthquake screen shifts will start and once they start they occur pretty much every game until shut the game down. When I restart, they will sometimes hold off starting for a few games, but once they start they don't stop.

Now the strange part.....If I play fictional, I don't get the shakes. EVER,
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 09:04 AM   #22
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Started another historical league and right on schedule the Earthquake Shakes started 9 games in. Meanwhile, 48 games into a fictional league and never a one earthquake. So strange.
Old 06-24-2017, 09:42 AM   #23
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Okay I started this thread on 04/02/17. It's 06/24/17 and I think I've finally solved my earthquake shake problem.

This is what I think was happening to cause the player info box screen shifts. When playing a day game that started late in the day or a maybe a game that ran extra long, OOTP was changing the ballpark photo from the day photo to the night photo during the game. If I hadn't had the opportunity to set the info boxes for a night game yet, the boxes would bounce back to the default settings once the game passed a certain time. This explains why the boxes would earthquake shake during the game, but be back to my place setting when I started the next game.

Right now I have a 1914 historical in play. I have turned off rain outs and I'm using a OOTP 154 game schedule in which all games are night games(yeah I know) and there are no doubleheaders., I'm 16 games in and so far knock on cheddar, I haven't had a single earthquake.

Feel like I just discovered sliced bread.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:38 AM   #24
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Okay I started this thread on 04/02/17. It's 06/24/17 and I think I've finally solved my earthquake shake problem.

This is what I think was happening to cause the player info box screen shifts. When playing a day game that started late in the day or a maybe a game that ran extra long, OOTP was changing the ballpark photo from the day photo to the night photo during the game. If I hadn't had the opportunity to set the info boxes for a night game yet, the boxes would bounce back to the default settings once the game passed a certain time. This explains why the boxes would earthquake shake during the game, but be back to my place setting when I started the next game.

Right now I have a 1914 historical in play. I have turned off rain outs and I'm using a OOTP 154 game schedule in which all games are night games(yeah I know) and there are no doubleheaders., I'm 16 games in and so far knock on cheddar, I haven't had a single earthquake.

Feel like I just discovered sliced bread.
Glad to report what I wrote above stood the test of the weekend, so I now know it's not a bug and I know how to solve the problem. I just wish I would have realized the answer was so simple. I uninstalled, reinstalled the game. Deleted all of Pstrickerts incredible stadium mod a couple times and several other things, before stumbling on the answer Saturday morning.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:59 AM   #25
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Good for you. Those kinds of issues are nothing less than haunting. I'm prone to a few flukes myself, but FWIW I did log an issue with my day/night on fictional parks. Once in a great while, the skies just shift back and forth from day to night. When it gets started, it keeps it up for, usually, the balance of the game. Rare, but it's odd. Logged it, but been putting it off as another odd event in my rather odd world, the league world, that is. Well, mine too.

Slight hijack. My current 'haunt' is frickin' Steam updates. Not only does it run each and every time I start the game or start my laptop, but almost every time it makes it so the client doesn't run and game won't start. Have to restart at least once, if not two to three times. When it finally does run, it often says can't connect and asks if I want to run it in offline mode. I do. Frustrating. Oh, well, my own little quake.
Old 06-26-2017, 12:10 PM   #26
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Good for you. Those kinds of issues are nothing less than haunting. I'm prone to a few flukes myself, but FWIW I did log an issue with my day/night on fictional parks. Once in a great while, the skies just shift back and forth from day to night. When it gets started, it keeps it up for, usually, the balance of the game. Rare, but it's odd. Logged it, but been putting it off as another odd event in my rather odd world, the league world, that is. Well, mine too.

Slight hijack. My current 'haunt' is frickin' Steam updates. Not only does it run each and every time I start the game or start my laptop, but almost every time it makes it so the client doesn't run and game won't start. Have to restart at least once, if not two to three times. When it finally does run, it often says can't connect and asks if I want to run it in offline mode. I do. Frustrating. Oh, well, my own little quake.
FWIW, the case of shifting back and forth between day and night is possibly not just some quirk of your system. I'm pretty sure I've seen the same thing happen myself, but I simply haven't been able to either track down what it might be, or reliably even have proven that it's happened. I've checked the code and I don't see what it might be, and it's just not quite high priority enough to want to spend hours hunting it down.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 12:45 PM   #27
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
FWIW, the case of shifting back and forth between day and night is possibly not just some quirk of your system. I'm pretty sure I've seen the same thing happen myself, but I simply haven't been able to either track down what it might be, or reliably even have proven that it's happened. I've checked the code and I don't see what it might be, and it's just not quite high priority enough to want to spend hours hunting it down.
Nor would I want you to do so.
Old 06-26-2017, 12:51 PM   #28
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
If you use the broadcast screen and play during periods in which there were no night games, say 1914 for example, you will end up seeing it happen quite a bit. During play when games occur both night and day, you might experience it early in a season, due to not having the chance to set the info boxes for a particular stadium's night games. Once you have set all stadiums night games, the shift will be very minimal, because I doubt anyone can get the info boxes in the exact same spot they set the day games to. I now know it's not a issue with my install or my computer and since the solution is a simple one, I agree there are more important things to work on.

Last edited by David Watts; 06-26-2017 at 12:53 PM.