Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 04-22-2017, 12:28 PM   #1
r1ck3y24
Minors (Rookie Ball)

No Position Rating

Since importing my 17 game to 18 my second baseman has lost his rating at second base. I am unable to give him any rating. Another thread suggested his defensive ratings were too low so he couldn't be rated. I tried maxing those out just to get a result but still an unable to get anything.
This player has been in the league for 12 seasons and has won a gold glove at second before. I can't continue my season without being able to play my starter.
r1ck3y24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 08:05 PM   #2
ralphieboy
Major Leagues

I don't think this is an OOTP 18 thing. I've had this happen in previous versions. What has probably happened is that your player's defensive skills have declined with age that he no longer meets the requirements to be rated at that position. You can still play him there but he will just be a subpar defender.
ralphieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 01:17 AM   #3
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1ck3y24 View Post
Since importing my 17 game to 18 my second baseman has lost his rating at second base. I am unable to give him any rating. Another thread suggested his defensive ratings were too low so he couldn't be rated. I tried maxing those out just to get a result but still an unable to get anything.
This player has been in the league for 12 seasons and has won a gold glove at second before. I can't continue my season without being able to play my starter.
Try rescouting the player. I use 100% scouting and had the same thing happen to my 3B.Not sure how to fix it. Dont want to up his DP too high.
Attached Images
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 05:19 PM   #4
r1ck3y24
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I see no method for re-scouting this player. I thought it was in the action menu on the profile page, but there is nothing there to do so. I backed up the game and went to the league page and tried the re-scout option there still with zero results.

I also opened up this save in 17 and he is fine as expected with a defensive rating for second base. This is defiantly a bug when importing from 17 to 18.
Old 04-23-2017, 09:01 PM   #5
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1ck3y24 View Post
I see no method for re-scouting this player. I thought it was in the action menu on the profile page, but there is nothing there to do so. I backed up the game and went to the league page and tried the re-scout option there still with zero results.

I also opened up this save in 17 and he is fine as expected with a defensive rating for second base. This is defiantly a bug when importing from 17 to 18.
here
Attached Images

"Stay Strong"

Old 04-24-2017, 02:19 AM   #6
r1ck3y24
Minors (Rookie Ball)

His position has always been set, it is just since importing from 17 he has no rating./ I was trying to get him re-scouted hoping to get his rating back.

I think at this point I might have to just revert back to 17 to play this sim.
Attached Images
Old 04-24-2017, 10:07 PM   #7
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

This isn't a bug guys

The issue with these players is that they throw left handed.

We used to allow lefty throwers to play if spots other than 1b, but OOTP18 doesn't allow that anymore since it just doesn't happen irl.

So if you have a guy from a previous version playing 2B, SS or 3B who's a lefty thrower, you'll need to change him to throw righty in the editor or else change his position!

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 04-24-2017 at 10:08 PM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 01:50 AM   #8
r1ck3y24
Minors (Rookie Ball)

That's it! He has a rating now. Thank you for the response. While that works, doesn't this kind of defeat the purpose of a sim game? Especially if you are playing a fictional league. Who is to say there won't be a run a left handed infielders? I mean a quick google search shows the last assist by a left handed second basemen was in 1924, but still.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:25 PM   #9
dewelar
Minors (Triple A)

True, it doesn't happen often, but it did happen with some frequency in the 19th century, and even as late as 1984 Mike Squires played 13 games at third base. Maybe instead of disallowing it altogether just assess a reasonable penalty?
dewelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 01:40 PM   #10
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewelar View Post
True, it doesn't happen often, but it did happen with some frequency in the 19th century, and even as late as 1984 Mike Squires played 13 games at third base. Maybe instead of disallowing it altogether just assess a reasonable penalty?
I guess for historical purposes it'd make sense to allow it, but as it doesn't happen at even college or HS level in the modern game, I don't think it's going to be happening on the pro level anytime soon

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 03:57 PM   #11
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
I guess for historical purposes it'd make sense to allow it, but as it doesn't happen at even college or HS level in the modern game, I don't think it's going to be happening on the pro level anytime soon
Yeah, given there's only been about 20 games where a lefty has played one of those IF spots in the last 100 years, it's somewhat reasonable to basically outlaw it.

Of course, that being said, you can still play someone at a position they have a 0 rating at. They just in all likelihood won't do very well there.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 02:52 PM   #12
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
This isn't a bug guys

The issue with these players is that they throw left handed.

We used to allow lefty throwers to play if spots other than 1b, but OOTP18 doesn't allow that anymore since it just doesn't happen irl.

So if you have a guy from a previous version playing 2B, SS or 3B who's a lefty thrower, you'll need to change him to throw righty in the editor or else change his position!
That sucks, but understandable. I have a left handed throwing 3B, C & SS on my team right now. The C was in the minors and still has a defensive rating. The SS was also in the minors and i will have to check him since he isnt a great defensive guy.
After switching Cao to righty he gets to a 6, he was a 5 on 17 i think. Wayne Williams is listed as a RF so his 4 at C is fine.
Attached Images
Image Image 

"Stay Strong"

Last edited by The Game; 04-26-2017 at 02:56 PM.