Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-20-2017, 03:25 PM   #1
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

Promotion/Relegation - Teams not going to the correct sub-league/division

Here's my set up.

4 leagues, each with 2 sub-leagues, 1 division, 6 teams.

As you can see from the screenshot, the teams in SL2 are not getting promoted or relegated to SL2 in the destination league. They are going to SL1. This is happening across all 4 leagues, both promotion & relegation.
Attached Images
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 05:57 PM   #2
eck.nicholas
Major Leagues

Do you need to change the 1 in the box for teams to be relegated and promoted to 2 since you want to move 2 teams each direction?

Chop On: Atlanta Braves
eck.nicholas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:13 PM   #3
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eck.nicholas View Post
Do you need to change the 1 in the box for teams to be relegated and promoted to 2 since you want to move 2 teams each direction?
Nope. I want 1 team per sub-league.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:19 PM   #4
eck.nicholas
Major Leagues

Promotion/Relegation - Teams not going to the correct sub-league/division

In the picture, I'm seeing a team from separate sub-leagues destined to go to the same sub-league. IE Pittsburgh and Philly destined for SL1 East division. Shouldn't one say SL1 and the other SL2?

Chop On: Atlanta Braves
eck.nicholas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:20 PM   #5
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eck.nicholas View Post
In the picture, I'm seeing a team from separate sub-leagues destined to go to the same sub-league. IE Pittsburgh and Philly destined for SL1 East division. Shouldn't one say SL1 and the other SL2?
That's the reason for this post!
Old 03-20-2017, 09:25 PM   #6
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

Well, not so sure this is a bug now.

If I let the game handle this on its own, this happens correctly.

So, it looks like when you try to do the promo/releg manually the screen just populates this way. Is it a bug? Shouldn't the screen populate correctly?
Old 03-21-2017, 12:15 AM   #7
andyhdz
All Star Starter

I think the guy was trying to say is that can't you manually change the SL1 to SL2 in the dropdown since it's supposed to be a manual anyways.
andyhdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:04 AM   #8
kq76
Global Moderator

I'm a bit confused by your setup and it may be because of your association structure. Mine is also simpler because I don't have sub-leagues or divisions.

If your FBL 1st Division is your highest tier then why does it look like the screen is trying to promote teams to an even higher tier? Mine says, for the first section, "no league selected for promotion".

What does the league settings > options tab screen look like? My guess is there is a problem there.

There could also be a bug with sub-leagues though. I'll test it now.

Edit: I now see that the premier division is your top tier, but it doesn't seem to be relegating any teams. Is that correct?

And I now understand that SL1 and SL2 are in the same tier. I was thinking they weren't. I get it, you figure one team should go to each and the game is doing that way when it does it automatically, but not when it's doing it manually.

Yeah, that could lead to problems if someone is doing it manually, but not paying attention. I'll PT it.

Last edited by kq76; 03-21-2017 at 04:36 AM.
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:43 AM   #9
ripitback
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Here's my set up.

4 leagues, each with 2 sub-leagues, 1 division, 6 teams.

As you can see from the screenshot, the teams in SL2 are not getting promoted or relegated to SL2 in the destination league. They are going to SL1. This is happening across all 4 leagues, both promotion & relegation.
So, I tested this with a simple 2 league setup. I was seeing similar results as you. For example I had league 1 and league 2 and when I would switch to league 2 I only had options to promote or relegate to league 2. The options in the drop down didn't refresh from when I switched from league 1 to league 2. What I had to do after switching leagues was go to the standings page then back to the relegations options. I then had the drop down populated with the correct league 1 option. I hope this makes sense.
ripitback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:51 AM   #10
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyhdz View Post
I think the guy was trying to say is that can't you manually change the SL1 to SL2 in the dropdown since it's supposed to be a manual anyways.
Yes, I can manually change it to be correct.
Old 03-21-2017, 10:52 AM   #11
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kq76 View Post
I'm a bit confused by your setup and it may be because of your association structure. Mine is also simpler because I don't have sub-leagues or divisions.

If your FBL 1st Division is your highest tier then why does it look like the screen is trying to promote teams to an even higher tier? Mine says, for the first section, "no league selected for promotion".

What does the league settings > options tab screen look like? My guess is there is a problem there.

There could also be a bug with sub-leagues though. I'll test it now.

Edit: I now see that the premier division is your top tier, but it doesn't seem to be relegating any teams. Is that correct?

And I now understand that SL1 and SL2 are in the same tier. I was thinking they weren't. I get it, you figure one team should go to each and the game is doing that way when it does it automatically, but not when it's doing it manually.

Yeah, that could lead to problems if someone is doing it manually, but not paying attention. I'll PT it.
Thanks for opening the ticket on it.

Yes, Premiere is the top league, followed by 1st, 2nd, 3rd.
Old 03-21-2017, 10:57 AM   #12
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

The screen for manual pro/rel is very complicated, setting it up with proper choices automatically is not easy and hence currently not working perfectly. You'll need to manually check the correct destinations.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 08:15 PM   #13
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

Thank you for the followup Markus. At least now I know this is working as intended.