Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2015, 07:42 AM   #1
Fjohürs Lykkewe
Bat Boy

Anyone else think free agency has too many good players?

I feel like I could sign a brand new team that's a playoff contender each year just with free agents. Anze Kopitar did not even get signed and he only asked for just over 6 mil a year. He sat on free agency all year after putting up 72 points the first season. Seems strange.

I thought the first free agency I hit after my first season was strong but that was nothing compared to the second season free agency. Patrick Kane, Malkin, Henrik Lundqvist, Steen, C. Perry, Parise, Bobby Ryan.... That's one heck of a free agency class and does not even count all the young (under 23) high-potential players that hit free agency who are not RFA's. Aren't some of those stars signed to long term deal and should not hit free agency after only 2 seasons in?

I'm not trying to complain, just trying to bring light to it and see if anyone else has experienced this. I really enjoy the game so far and the sim engine is amazing! So don't get me wrong, I LOVE this game so far!
Fjohürs Lykkewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 07:52 AM   #2
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

The sim engine is by and far the best thing about this game. I had the exact same issue with Kopitar. Went to free agency. Finally got signed by Detroit in September for 6 million a year for two years. He should have gotten more money and longer term. Plenty of teams could have afforded him. He's a guy in his prime. They should almost always get long term deals.

Last edited by krownroyal83; 09-30-2015 at 04:57 PM.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 04:31 PM   #3
Fjohürs Lykkewe
Bat Boy

You're right, the sim engine is unbelievable. I have played a number of OOTP baseball games, EHM, the first FHM, and random not as good games and I think so far the sim engine for FHM2 is the best.
Fjohürs Lykkewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 05:00 PM   #4
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjohürs Lykkewe View Post
You're right, the sim engine is unbelievable. I have played a number of OOTP baseball games, EHM, the first FHM, and random not as good games and I think so far the sim engine for FHM2 is the best.
If it wasn't for the sim engine i don't think i would recommend this game over EHM but as it stands since a good sim engine is so important, FHM2 has a slight edge in hockey sim market. But there is a hell of a lot of work that needs to be done to make the game better. I think in time we will see that though. But just like everyone else i get impatient :P
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote