Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2015, 11:01 AM   #61
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Suggestions received, thanks guys.

The game engine is something that will be featured in-depth in the near future. Sebastian has added some very nice bells and whistles on it that I think fans of different options for their games are going to quite enjoy. That's one of the biggest parts of the game and it will be the subject of a multi-part preview, for sure. Stay tuned.

I will definitely get up some more trading/tactics/hockey stuff in the future too.

And expansion as well I can perhaps delve into. I'll be honest, I haven't even tried out this feature myself (do more general simming and fictional stuff, as well as my text/PBP work), but I know many of the beta testers have ran it through. Maybe I'll take an expansion team and see just how badly I do
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 11:05 AM   #62
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAdamBn View Post
Looking at the facegens, they are definitely getting better even if the skin tone looks off (im presuming its just a dummy model)

The width of the pictures could possibly do with being scaled down.. OOTP16s feels spot on with its portrait style images (perhaps half way down the black triangle on his chest and near to his ears)

Like this perhaps:

Sebastian had mentioned they had made changes to Facegen after the build I had used to send these screens, so we'll see what it looks like in the end. But I think most people would probably want a larger picture/more of the jersey shown, etc.. Especially if we can get an active mod community going with people creating jerseys.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:29 AM   #63
Smetana
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Cole. View Post
Sebastian had mentioned they had made changes to Facegen after the build I had used to send these screens, so we'll see what it looks like in the end. But I think most people would probably want a larger picture/more of the jersey shown, etc.. Especially if we can get an active mod community going with people creating jerseys.
Absolutely, the modding potential will be there for jerseys, helmets, and goalie helmets.

The player pics are borderless, so cutting the sides off really makes no sense in my opinion. If anything, I'd like to see some facegen options like in OOTP, for different zoom levels and angles.
Old 07-09-2015, 04:25 PM   #64
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Cole. View Post
Suggestions received, thanks guys.

The game engine is something that will be featured in-depth in the near future. Sebastian has added some very nice bells and whistles on it that I think fans of different options for their games are going to quite enjoy. That's one of the biggest parts of the game and it will be the subject of a multi-part preview, for sure. Stay tuned.

I will definitely get up some more trading/tactics/hockey stuff in the future too.

And expansion as well I can perhaps delve into. I'll be honest, I haven't even tried out this feature myself (do more general simming and fictional stuff, as well as my text/PBP work), but I know many of the beta testers have ran it through. Maybe I'll take an expansion team and see just how badly I do
Do you maybe have a trade log from one season that you can post here as a screen shot so we can see the types of trades that were made in that specific season?

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 07:50 PM   #65
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
Do you maybe have a trade log from one season that you can post here as a screen shot so we can see the types of trades that were made in that specific season?
I don't specifically have that currently, no. I would have to check with the powers that be, but my first thought is that since trade AI from what I gather is one of the final things to be tweaked, we wouldn't want to post something earlier that people might get worked up over, when there will be improvements made on this aspect in later builds.
Old 07-12-2015, 07:39 PM   #66
Penfold75
Major Leagues

FaceGen pics look good so far. The pics with the helmets and goalie masks definitely look impressive. Not so sure about the Free Agent ones. Maybe use a white helmet instead of the hair.

The pic TheAdamBn had in his post of the more close up look I think improved the pic. I certainly thought all the players looked a bit more like goaltenders due to size of the pads and the close up/zoomed in look took some of that away.

All in all it looks like a great addition to the look of the game.
Penfold75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 09:08 PM   #67
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penfold75 View Post
Not so sure about the Free Agent ones. Maybe use a white helmet instead of the hair.
Everyone is going to have helmets in the final game, no worries about hair.
Old 07-23-2015, 12:37 AM   #68
AEWHistory
Minors (Double A)

I just realized what the fatal flaw is with the facegen: you need to show the players' smiling! I mean how can you have NHL player shots without those wonderful toothless grins? Yep, that's it...
Old 08-01-2015, 10:19 AM   #69
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Just a quick update to say that Facegen has gone through some upgrades and in my opinion looks a lot better and more realistic now:
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 08-01-2015, 10:43 AM   #70
dumbrabbit
All Star Reserve

Not really that knowledgable in hockey but this game has me interested.

How much time does it take for players to reach their full potential?

Also, how does Free Agency work? In baseball there's the posting system. Will guys be more expensive in certain leagues than others? Will other teams find the same guys I'm interested in and get into a bidding war with me?

Last edited by dumbrabbit; 08-01-2015 at 10:48 AM.
dumbrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 12:35 PM   #71
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbrabbit View Post
Not really that knowledgable in hockey but this game has me interested.

How much time does it take for players to reach their full potential?

Also, how does Free Agency work? In baseball there's the posting system. Will guys be more expensive in certain leagues than others? Will other teams find the same guys I'm interested in and get into a bidding war with me?
For the most part, players tend to be at their top of their game much earlier in hockey over baseball. Typically 23-30 is the peak age.

In the NHL there is a trading block. Players can't be bought for money in the NHL.

Free agency has two levels. Restricted and Unrestricted.

Unrestricted are players who has played 7 years in the league or are age 27.

Restricted means that their pro team still hold's exclusive negotiating rights. If other teams offers him a contract, that team owes the other draft picks (depending on the price of the contract)
Old 08-01-2015, 01:08 PM   #72
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Just a quick update to say that Facegen has gone through some upgrades and in my opinion looks a lot better and more realistic now:
Compare it to the first road to release with facegen. This game development has come a long ways since then.
Attached Images
Old 08-01-2015, 01:59 PM   #73
Afino
Hall Of Famer

I like that a lot. Very realistic.

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 04:45 PM   #74
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Very nice
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 12:51 PM   #75
dumbrabbit
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
For the most part, players tend to be at their top of their game much earlier in hockey over baseball. Typically 23-30 is the peak age.

In the NHL there is a trading block. Players can't be bought for money in the NHL.

Free agency has two levels. Restricted and Unrestricted.

Unrestricted are players who has played 7 years in the league or are age 27.

Restricted means that their pro team still hold's exclusive negotiating rights. If other teams offers him a contract, that team owes the other draft picks (depending on the price of the contract)
So what if I find a certain talent from another league? How do I bring him in to my team?
dumbrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 07:00 PM   #76
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbrabbit View Post
So what if I find a certain talent from another league? How do I bring him in to my team?
depending on the age of him he may have to be drafted. If he is an older player then you can sign him away from a European team at the end of the season. Some players don't want to come to north america but most europeans do at some point in their career. Russian players are trickier...their contract must expire in the KHL for you to sign them. They are much tougher to get overseas.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:08 AM   #77
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

Looks great guys, love the look of Facegen so far. This might be a stupid question but is there any chance we can get jersey templates before release so those of us that are having custom teams can start working on them? I mean, once it's finalized how jerseys will look of course? I'd be awesome to work on them ahead of time and have them ready day 1.
thirdsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 01:32 PM   #78
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdsaint View Post
Looks great guys, love the look of Facegen so far. This might be a stupid question but is there any chance we can get jersey templates before release so those of us that are having custom teams can start working on them? I mean, once it's finalized how jerseys will look of course? I'd be awesome to work on them ahead of time and have them ready day 1.
Not a stupid question at all. I spoke with the developers and soon once the jersey templates are finalized we will be able to release them. Stay tuned.
Old 08-03-2015, 02:30 PM   #79
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Not a stupid question at all. I spoke with the developers and soon once the jersey templates are finalized we will be able to release them. Stay tuned.
Awesome! Good news all around then. Thanks Cole.
thirdsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 10:40 PM   #80
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Quick question. These players are obviously fake. Are we going to have the option to replace them will real players? I guess we would be able to use the face gen software but can pictures of the actual players go when they face gens currently are?
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote