Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-24-2015, 01:26 AM   #1
bgheadjack
Minors (Single A)

International Complex Question

Hey there,

At what point should players in the international complex be promoted to a minor league affiliate? There appears to be no system in place to indicate that a player is "ready," so I just don't know how to figure this out.

Also, since the players don't appear to play in any games, are they developing in the complex? Do they regress if they're there too long (and not playing games)? It seems like some of my best players have taken major steps backwards, which is a real drag.

Thanks so much! Best baseball game ever.

Jack Helmuth
Old 04-24-2015, 01:56 AM   #2
TonyJ
Hall Of Famer

They do develop while they are in the complex. How much depends on how much you are spending on player development. Your players taking steps backward are most likely just your scout getting a more accurate read on the players abilities over time.

As for when you move them up, that's really a judgement call. Generally I move them up to rookie ball the season after they turn 18 (so draft age essentially) unless I am pretty certain that they are highly advanced at 17. I would never send a 16 year old to rookie ball, and I think 19 or more is waiting to loo long to get them game action. The game action is more so I have a better picture of who they are as opposed to just the scout's opinion.

Last edited by TonyJ; 04-24-2015 at 10:30 AM.
TonyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 06:48 AM   #3
mgoetze
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgheadjack View Post
At what point should players in the international complex be promoted to a minor league affiliate?
June.

As for what year, I keep most of my players in the complex until age 19, but I will sometimes promote 17 or 18 year olds if they look ready to "beat" short-season ball. At a minimum, that means current contact (for batters) / control (for pitchers) at 3 on a 2-8 scale.
mgoetze is offline   Reply With Quote