Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 03-10-2019, 08:11 AM   #1
Ormondbeachdan
Minors (Triple A)

How will you play your three teams in 2.0?

Getting really excited.. Last year I had only 2 teams in PT.. I am going all out with three this year.. My thoughts right now on how to structure them. Here are my thoughts so far

Team ONE.. All Cards Live, Historical etc, probably this would be the team I will spend some amount of money on
Team TWO: LIVE CARDS ONLY, No money spent
TEAM THREE: Historical, etc.. Everything BUT "live cards"

What are your thoughts?? Also. Started playing The Main game again so I can remember where everything is! LOL.. I intend to play THAT a lot as well..
Ormondbeachdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 12:12 PM   #2
neugey
All Star Reserve

I'm going to be new to PT in OOTP20. What is the big draw to playing as multiple teams? Wouldn't it get kind of frustrating since sometimes you have the wrong card on the wrong account?
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 12:18 PM   #3
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by neugey View Post
I'm going to be new to PT in OOTP20. What is the big draw to playing as multiple teams? Wouldn't it get kind of frustrating since sometimes you have the wrong card on the wrong account?
It's fun trying to use completely different strategies and themes. One of my teams is all RH power. One of my teams has the best outfield defense with HR turned down and all high gap hitters with doubles and triples turned up.

Both strategies can be effective. Next year I'm going to try a fast defensive team that bunts a lot.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 12:55 PM   #4
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Yea, I'm sure I'll crank up 3 teams. One I'll let my buddy run as he doesn't have a home computer and one will be a money team. The last will be a FTP team.
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 02:21 PM   #5
Ormondbeachdan
Minors (Triple A)

Yes so many options.. and yes sometimes I say "Gee if only so and so was on my other team etc, but it's not a problem.. Having more than one time lets you try so many variables, strategies etc...
Ormondbeachdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 03:04 PM   #6
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Kind of tough to work the AH with three different teams.
1. Home run hitters
2. speed, contact
3. pitching, defense
all my teams will be historic only. no interest in live players.
OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 04:48 PM   #7
daves
Hall Of Famer

I am going to try to stick to one. My multiple teams starting to seek the same players in PT19.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 06:18 PM   #8
neugey
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Kind of tough to work the AH with three different teams.
1. Home run hitters
2. speed, contact
3. pitching, defense
all my teams will be historic only. no interest in live players.

Wow, does anyone play with a balanced team? I was just thinking about a diverse lineup with okay starting pitching and extra strength in the bullpen.
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 08:09 AM   #9
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Wow, does anyone play with a balanced team? I was just thinking about a diverse lineup with okay starting pitching and extra strength in the bullpen.
I do, but as the poster above me mentioned, the two teams I've played since day one have 12 of the same players on the roster. (Posey/Altuve/Simmons/Zobrist/Baez/Martinez/Cain/Drysdale/Dierker/Smith/Doolittle/Hoffman)

Probably going to play 1 "any player" team, 1 of all retired players and 1 all live.
sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 11:14 AM   #10
Splitter24
Hall Of Famer

I'll be going with the same types of teams:

1) 1940's player and earlier

2) 70's and 80's players.

3) Packs Only, all eras.

Currently Reading: The Sympathizer by Viet Thanh Nguyen

"Well, the game is afoot. I’ll take anal bum cover for 7,000." - "Sean Connery" SNL Celebrity Jeopardy

R.I.P. Tommy Holmes 1917-2008
Splitter24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 11:56 AM   #11
dman7666
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Team One: Attempt to put out the most competitive team possible without restriction on card type.

Team Two: Experimental squad to try things like earning more PP's by having all power pitchers and power hitters in a park maximized for homers.

Team Three: Pack only team. Can only buy packs with earned PP's. Can only sell players if I pull a better player from a pack. In some ways probably my favorite team, as it forces me to use players that I would never consider using otherwise. Eddie Yost at first base? Don Mossi staff ace? You make do with the cards you are dealt, so to speak.
dman7666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 12:40 PM   #12
bailey
Hall Of Famer

One team only. Tournaments with various restrictions will enable me to have multiple teams in 1 franchise. I thought about spending $100 on day 1 for 175 packs for this reason and managing over 1000 cards is just too much to have more than 1 team. Hopefully, OOTP programmers have anticipated large reserve rosters and provided tools to navigate them effortlessly. Because of tournaments and collection challenges, cards should hold their value longer than they did in 19. In fact, tournaments may be more interesting than the regular "season" which is just 1 long drawn out tournament. Once you assemble your main team it gets boring, knowing the only way to improve is to spend $50-100 per additional player or get extremely lucky on a pack. Tournaments will challenge you to find all kinds of ways to make new teams, using players that would be auto-sold in 19. It will be interesting to see how OOTP programmers have integrated tournament results into a franchise history. I hope they do not skimp on providing an accurate history.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 01:51 PM   #13
Eric
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
Yea, I'm sure I'll crank up 3 teams. One I'll let my buddy run as he doesn't have a home computer and one will be a money team. The last will be a FTP team.
What is FTP short for?
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 01:56 PM   #14
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
What is FTP short for?
Free to Play - in effect no money spent.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:36 AM   #15
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Wow, does anyone play with a balanced team?
Only when they want maximum flexibility in order to beat the unbalanced teams.

Kidding. Mostly.

It's a fun and often harder challenge to win with an unbalanced team, because the lack of balance can be exploited by smart managers.

Sometimes people choose an "unbalanced" approach for the fun of the challenge. Others have learned that certain types of less-expensive players can be grouped into successful unbalanced teams that can do very well against far more expensive teams.
2002halos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 12:58 AM   #16
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ormondbeachdan View Post
Team ONE.. All Cards Live, Historical etc, probably this would be the team I will spend some amount of money on
Team TWO: LIVE CARDS ONLY, No money spent
TEAM THREE: Historical, etc.. Everything BUT "live cards"
Team One: Like you, Dan. Anything goes. But with this team I hope to collect every historical card I can get in the year between launch and the release of 21. Definitely will be spending money.

Team Two: Again like you, live cards only. Here again, I want to collect all of them in a year, so I will spend some, though less, money. And after the real life MLB season is over, I will probably re-purpose this team, so I may save some of the historical cards I pull for that eventuality.

Team Three: Not sure yet. Did a FTP team in 19, but that's getting old. I enjoy variety and it develops soooooo slowly. Leaning towards pack only (allowing AH selling, but not purchasing) with cash infusions limited to success rewards. For example if I make playoffs but lose in WC game, I add $10, lose in DS, I add $20, lose in CS I add $30, lose in WS I add $40, win WS I add $50. Promotion would be an additional $50. Cash infusions would only occur when reaching $100 credit, so as to gain the PP discount obtained thereby.

And maybe relegation would be a negative charge on the ledger....

But I just thought of a more fun way to handle relegation so that instead of stalling me by keeping me from buying cards sooner, I could instead mirror real life relegation.

Suppose I instead had to let all my players relegated to a level below their own become "free agents". Or in other words, if I got relegated to Gold Level, all my Diamond and Perfect cards would be placed in the AH, so I'd have to rebuild.

You might say, well it would be easy to rebuild with all the points you get. But not so fast, not when I'm only opening packs and using the AH for selling only. Replacing good players above Gold level takes lots and lots and lots and lots of packs or else lots and lots and lots and lots of luck!
2002halos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 09:59 AM   #17
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

One F2P and one P2P. That's plenty to handle plus my PT1 team.

HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 12:40 PM   #18
SPBJT
Minors (Double A)

May not be the right place to ask, but will you be able to use one account to manage multiple tournament teams?

IE: If I assemble a few hundred cards on my roster, can I mix and match the team I want for specialty tournaments, or will I have to use separate accounts/emails to enter each separate tourney with?
SPBJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 01:02 PM   #19
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPBJT View Post
May not be the right place to ask, but will you be able to use one account to manage multiple tournament teams?

IE: If I assemble a few hundred cards on my roster, can I mix and match the team I want for specialty tournaments, or will I have to use separate accounts/emails to enter each separate tourney with?

I think so, yes. They haven't really said exactly how it will work.
Old 03-12-2019, 05:07 PM   #20
daves
Hall Of Famer

If I decide on a 2nd team I am going to try a packs only team.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote