Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML

Old 01-29-2019, 10:44 PM   #101
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Atlanta Beats

I have to admit that I'm torn on this team. I love the name I arrived on, which honors Atlanta as a power center of American hip-hop. I love the way the electric blue buzzes against the nearly-black navy. But this logo is arguably the worst of the 192 teams in the CBL; it's exhibit A for why I should never try to design these things myself. It's amateurish, frankly, and ought to be replaced (any takers?). The Beats, at least, are Ludacrisly talented; they Crank Dat ball out of Coca-Cola Park with tremendous regularity, and they never seem to Get Low, Get Low, Get Low, Get Low in the standings. Whoomp! There it is.

TrapperJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 07:16 AM   #102
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

That Atlanta Beats logo is very creative!
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 05:05 PM   #103
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Charleston Rockets

From Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park in Charleston, South Carolina, the Rockets are a forever-struggling squad with precious little talent outside of their lone ace starter. Their uniforms are at least a little refreshing, though—sort of a different look from most of the rest of the league, what with the triple stripe and the logo superimposed on the home jersey. This, I'm afraid, is about as creative as I get in terms of jersey design, but I like the way it turned out.

Old 01-31-2019, 05:50 PM   #104
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Charlotte Snappers

Once upon a time, these were the Charlotte Monarchs—but I found myself enamored (not for the first time) with Hockey13Playa's inspired identity for this Charlotte squad. The only thing I really did here was play with the wordmark sizes on the caps and jerseys—the rest is wholly original with H13P. The Snappers, who play at Duke Energy Park, are a thoroughly decent squad who in my league seem to have trouble sneaking into the playoffs most years.

Old 02-01-2019, 12:38 AM   #105
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Greensboro Hornets

One of the last additions to the CBL, the Hornets of Volvo Stadium are a young team still waiting for their breakout. The green and yellow work together well, even if the roster doesn't yet. These Hornets inherited their name from Greensboro's minor league team, which spent years with the moniker before becoming the Grasshoppers.

Last edited by TrapperJohn; 02-01-2019 at 12:40 AM.
Old 02-01-2019, 10:32 AM   #106
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Knoxville Rangers

One of the stronger teams in the division is the Rangers, who play at U.S. Cellular Park. Sporting a jersey design adapted from (I think) an awesome retro TxRanger set, and a logo cribbed (once again) from Hockey13Playa, the Rangers rock a classic, curvy scheme that differentiates them nicely from their MLB counterparts in Arlington.

Old 02-04-2019, 09:33 PM   #107
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Macon Mammoths

From Luther Williams Park in Macon, Georgia, the Mammoths are a three-true-outcome marvel—home runs, strikeouts, and walks galore, with not a lot of victories to show for it. I adapted the logo from an excellent football league concept on SportsLogos, and Macon felt like an appropriate home for these Mammoths.

Old 02-04-2019, 09:40 PM   #108
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Norfolk Neptunes

I settled on a somewhat unusual nautical name for one of America's busiest ports—the surprisingly large city of Norfolk, Virginia... only later did I discover that the name was not original with me, as the town played host to a football team called the Neptunes back in the 60s. A regular playoff contender and well-rounded squad, the Neptunes—who play at Landmark Stadium—sport a pleasant, briny combo of dark and seafoam green.

Old 02-05-2019, 06:58 PM   #109
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Raleigh Oaks

BB&T Stadium is home to the baseball club of Raleigh—a beautiful town that apparently prides itself on being the 'city of oaks.' Originally a stark maroon and white set, I worked in a secondary spicy aioli flavor when I stole this identity from... I can't remember. And it wasn't that long ago that it was posted. I'm so sorry. The Oaks are a formidable squad that has yet to break through in the playoffs, but they rock a unique look and they rock it fairly well.

Old 02-06-2019, 02:46 PM   #110
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Richmond Generals

Hardywood Park in Virginia's capital city is where you'll find the Generals, who are regularly one of the highest-performing teams in the Eastern League. The look is a fairly reserved navy-red-white set, but I added stars to the collar as a little flair connecting the jerseys to the Generals name—I think I'd seen something similar on here before, and I'm happy with how they turned out... unique within the league, but not too ostentatious. This is a nice identity for one of the league's stalwart teams: forbidding, serious, and clean. Hopefully it serves your league's majors or minors well.

Old 02-06-2019, 02:47 PM   #111
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Roanoke Squires

The long-suffering Squires are a tribute squad to the old Virginia Squires of the American Basketball Association—the color scheme hews pretty closely to their sweet retro look. They've had a hard time connecting with the ball at RGC Park in my league, not unlike so many of their small-market brethren. Some day, I'll update this logo, which is some found art from somewhere that I've never been especially juiced about.

Old 02-06-2019, 02:48 PM   #112
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Virginia Beach Vipers

Bringing up the rear of the Shenandoah Division—both alphabetically and in the standings—are the Vipers of Virginia Beach, who play their home games at Busch Stadium. This identity is one of my least favorite in the league; it's no shade on the original designer (who of course was not me), but there's something that is less than inviting to me about how it turned out in practice. If anybody wants to take on a new look for the Vipers—or, frankly, for any of these teams—your contributions are welcome and greatly appreciated! Next up: the final division in the Eastern League... a division that covers three countries.

Old 02-08-2019, 06:28 AM   #113
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Man this work is fantastic! Keep it up.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 07:10 AM   #114
Imperialism32
Major Leagues

As a Rutgers football fan, that fictional player name on Virginia Beach brings back some memories. We actually went to bowl games with him at QB.
Imperialism32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 11:53 AM   #115
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

Ha! I think I must've poached some names from old college sports rosters at one point long ago—sometimes names borrowed from real life can feel more authentic than the OOTP-generated creations.
Old 02-18-2019, 05:06 PM   #116
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

Sorry for the brief hiatus, folks—work has been a bear. You can all exhale, though, as we are back with the final division of the Eastern League: the Everglades Division. After these 12 teams have dropped, I'll be halfway through posting the CBL... only 96 squads to go after that! Hope these have been of some value for your leagues; they are my way of thanking this community for the excellent concepts you've delivered over the years. First up...

The Fort Lauderdale Pirates

I've come to the conclusion that every league needs a "Pirates," and mine have found a home in Fort Lauderdale (this after a brief flirtation with "Pelicans"). Citrix Park is home to my version of the Pirates, who sport a bright, nearly neon purple and yellow scheme that seems to better fit their Florida home. If memory serves, I borrowed the logo and wordmark from a SportsLogos concept—maybe the defunct MLB 32 series? These Pirates were one of the last squads to earn a spot in the CBL, and they are utter rubbish on the field. Enjoy.

Old 02-18-2019, 05:21 PM   #117
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Havana Sugar Kings

"Havana, ooh na na," as the poet once said. Our first (but not last!) foray outside of the U.S.A. and Canada brings us to the beautiful República de Cuba, where the Sugar Kings—who take their awesome, awesome name from a minor league team that played ball in the 40s and 50s—play at Estadio Latinoamericano. These uniforms were adapted from someone else's interpretation of the old Sugar Kings look (maybe TxRanger?), and I love them almost as much as I love the team name, which for me evokes a feeling of complete timelessness. Is it 2019... or 1949? These logos and uniforms will never tell. Just don't ask about the flight arrangements for home games.

Old 02-18-2019, 05:25 PM   #118
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Hialeah Gales

A curious choice for a team is Hialeah, but Miami's little sibling has more than a large enough population to stake their claim. Centuri Park is the home to the struggling Gales, so named for the city's windy propensities. I've tried out a number of color schemes for this team over the years, but in my head they have always been orange. This look is simple, but it gets the job done—unlike the Gales most evenings on the field.

Old 02-18-2019, 06:03 PM   #119
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Jacksonville Stingrays

Another team that has cycled through a number of color schemes and variations through the years, the Stingrays have a nearly-professional-looking logo now courtesy of the enterprising designer I knicked this from over on SportsLogos. Stingrays has always struck me as an underutilized name in pro sports (Tampa's abbreviated Rays notwithstanding), and Jacksonville seemed a fitting home. My Jax squad plays at Fidelity Field, and tends to acquit themselves rather well—with four above-average starting pitchers and some dangerous bats in the lineup, they've consistently stood out as one of the top ten teams of the Eastern League's 96 in my experience.

Old 02-18-2019, 06:20 PM   #120
low
Hall Of Famer

You should put your name on these, not mine.
low is offline   Reply With Quote