Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-20-2017, 05:45 PM   #41
DawnBTVS
Major Leagues

When doing the Manual HOF Voting, love seeing the HOF Metrics listed as it's a good eyeball comparison.
DawnBTVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 05:48 PM   #42
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldwinhouse View Post
There are no good options for available scouts. The very few good scouts that are available are not interested in signing with my team, leaving only poor scouts for me to hire. Can you add a few good scouts so I don't have to go a full season with a bad scout?
There's always a possibility he'll improve over time. If you insist on having a better scout you can 1) enter commissioner mode and edit him, 2) create a new staff member- I think as many as you want, also in commish mode until you have the quality you'd prefer.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:49 PM   #43
HonusWagner
Major Leagues

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Got it. Thanks again for the help.
HonusWagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 05:55 PM   #44
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcssports1 View Post
I haven't had the time to go through all the teams yet, but the Yankees prospect ratings are not very accurate. For instance, a consensus top 10 Yankee prospect like Albert Abreu has .5 potential. Also, when you look at the team's top prospects it doesn't look much like the real lists released by Baseball America or MLB.com. Some of their top prospects aren't even on there, and no name prospects are listed in the top 5
Turn scouting off and check the lists again

Having scouting on (which it is by default) heavily randomizes the lists.

We put a lot of time into getting the lists accurate using real life sources. They're not perfect, but they're pretty darn good. Once you turn scouting off, if you still see any glaring issues, please report them in the roster issue thread here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=275252

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 03-20-2017 at 05:58 PM.
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:04 PM   #45
HonusWagner
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchkenn View Post
you just need to download a demo version of 17 (it's free). import your 16 game to that. then import that to 18.
here's a link to the demo page. it's located at the bottom of the page. good luck.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/out-...l/download.php
Thought I had it, but did not work.

"Continue Game" button is showing my imported league. But when I click it I get a pop up msg stating OOTP cannot load this database because it was created with an earlier version, then suggests I use the import tool.

Then another pop up stating loading failed due to corrupt file or a "save-game" from earlier version.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:08 PM   #46
Matt Uk
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonusWagner View Post
Thought I had it, but did not work.

"Continue Game" button is showing my imported league. But when I click it I get a pop up msg stating OOTP cannot load this database because it was created with an earlier version, then suggests I use the import tool.

Then another pop up stating loading failed due to corrupt file or a "save-game" from earlier version.

Don't forget you have to import the ootp17 save that you now have, not load (unless I'm mistaking the problem you're having there)

Here's the steps from the manual

Importing games from OOTP 17 is simple. Just use the following steps:

From the Main page, click on the Import OOTP 17 League button. A file browser window will appear.

Browse to the .lg directory for your old saved game.

Once you have found your game directory, such as 'MyGame.lg,' browse into that folder and find the world.dat file.

Select this file, and then click the Confirm button.

You will be prompted to enter a new name for your imported game file.

Enter a name, and then click the Import Now button. Your game will now be converted to the current game format.
Matt Uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:12 PM   #47
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

hmmm. got me. you may need to post a thread in the bug forum, if MattUks post doesn't help.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ay.php?f=3922/
i recall something like this happened in the past and someone in the development team looked at their files was able to help.
you may need to upload your league files to their server, but if it comes to that it's not really hard. You don't happen to have more than one saved game, do you. Maybe a different one or from a different time may work? Yes, i am grasping at straws. Hopefully someone in bug forum will know more about how to help if the above post doesn't work. (it should, btw.)
Good luck. Sorry could be of more assistance.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.

Last edited by mitchkenn; 03-20-2017 at 06:15 PM.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:13 PM   #48
spartimae
Minors (Double A)

how do i change this color
Attached Images
spartimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:16 PM   #49
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartimae View Post
how do i change this color
Post that in the Cosmetic thread. It may something as simple as deleting a Tables folder and lettings something rebuild. Change skins, close the program, start again. Change to your original skin, start again. OR, it may need fixing! At least in that area, we'll have a shot at an explanation.

Edit: I thought there was a Cosmetic thread. I'll look again and post a link. Sorry for the confusion and delay. Trying to make sure we get the right answer to you.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...light=cosmetic

It was a subforum under Bug Reports. You'll want it there.

Last edited by endgame; 03-20-2017 at 06:21 PM.
endgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:21 PM   #50
brandonmuc
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Turn scouting off and check the lists again

Having scouting on (which it is by default) heavily randomizes the lists.

We put a lot of time into getting the lists accurate using real life sources. They're not perfect, but they're pretty darn good. Once you turn scouting off, if you still see any glaring issues, please report them in the roster issue thread here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=275252
Where do you go to turn off scouting? Turn off complete scouting system?

Thank you!
brandonmuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:22 PM   #51
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmuc View Post
Where do you go to turn off scouting? Turn off complete scouting system?

Thank you!
Yes.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:23 PM   #52
brandonmuc
Minors (Single A)

Still a little new to making changes like that... what exactly is the benefit or what does it do when you turn that off?

Last edited by brandonmuc; 03-20-2017 at 06:27 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:24 PM   #53
brandonmuc
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Yes.
Still a little new to making those kind of changes... what is the benefit or what does that do when you turn it off?
Old 03-20-2017, 06:28 PM   #54
progen
All Star Starter

Having a blast just setting up my fictional P/R league. Have four levels, mirrored after the English Leagues. Baseball Premier League, then Championship, League 1, then League 2. Twenty teams in each league, just one division. Three get promoted(except premier league of course), three relegated. Premier league has MLB teams chosen at random, Championship has states(not Texas, Florida, etc for obvious reasons), League 2 has cities from North and South Carolina, League 2 teams from Georgia and Florida. I live in Savannah, so took the Savannah Sand Gnats who are in Division 2. Tweaked the financials a bit, and allowed trading with other leagues. Will eventually add logos and that, but want to get started some first. Should be fun watching how the AI reacts in September with teams in the relegation zone.

Last edited by progen; 03-20-2017 at 06:38 PM.
progen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:30 PM   #55
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmuc View Post
Still a little new to making those kind of changes... what is the benefit or what does that do when you turn it off?
I didn't track your conversation, so hope I'm not misleading you in any way. The benefit, if it's your style, is that you see true ratings; not ratings that are influenced through the accuracy level of your scout. If you prefer a bit more fog of war or mystery to your game, use scouts.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:32 PM   #56
HonusWagner
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Uk View Post
Don't forget you have to import the ootp17 save that you now have, not load (unless I'm mistaking the problem you're having there)

Here's the steps from the manual

Importing games from OOTP 17 is simple. Just use the following steps:

From the Main page, click on the Import OOTP 17 League button. A file browser window will appear.

Browse to the .lg directory for your old saved game.

Once you have found your game directory, such as 'MyGame.lg,' browse into that folder and find the world.dat file.

Select this file, and then click the Confirm button.

You will be prompted to enter a new name for your imported game file.

Enter a name, and then click the Import Now button. Your game will now be converted to the current game format.

See, I think the problem is beginning with the 17 demo. It does not provide the option to import. It provides me with two buttons: either purchase or enter serial number. All other buttons are greyed out.

So the only file I can create in the 17 demo folder is a backup file. And that is the file I try to import following the method above. However, 18 won't read it because it was created by an out of date version (16).
Old 03-20-2017, 06:40 PM   #57
Matt Uk
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonusWagner View Post
See, I think the problem is beginning with the 17 demo. It does not provide the option to import. It provides me with two buttons: either purchase or enter serial number. All other buttons are greyed out.

So the only file I can create in the 17 demo folder is a backup file. And that is the file I try to import following the method above. However, 18 won't read it because it was created by an out of date version (16).

Ah, I see. Haven't played a demo in a while but I have a feeling if you go into one of them you might then be able to play demo instead - I could be remembering that wrong, or from many versions ago as I say I haven't played a demo in many versions. Have a try of both options anyway as there has to be a way of starting it as a demo and then the import option on the front page should show up
Matt Uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:41 PM   #58
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
I didn't track your conversation, so hope I'm not misleading you in any way. The benefit, if it's your style, is that you see true ratings; not ratings that are influenced through the accuracy level of your scout. If you prefer a bit more fog of war or mystery to your game, use scouts.
I should have added you do have the option of using scouts, but have the game set to 100% scouting accuracy. Then you have scouting reports and summary lines for your players.

If there's any other major difference between No Scouting and Scouts with 100% Accuracy, I'm not remembering it right now.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:44 PM   #59
injury log
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcssports1 View Post
I haven't had the time to go through all the teams yet, but the Yankees prospect ratings are not very accurate. For instance, a consensus top 10 Yankee prospect like Albert Abreu has .5 potential. Also, when you look at the team's top prospects it doesn't look much like the real lists released by Baseball America or MLB.com. Some of their top prospects aren't even on there, and no name prospects are listed in the top 5
Almost every prospect on a team top 30 list in real life has been rated fairly well, but there's a small handful who still need adjusting, and Abreu is one of those guys, unfortunately. They'll be looked at before the public release on Friday, so should look better then, but you'll need to start a new game to see those changes.

There shouldn't be any no-name 'prospects' with good ratings left. If any are appearing on team prospect lists, it's because of how the game is generating those lists (with scouting on, the scouting error might make some guys seem better than they truly are). As Matt said above, that's something else that will be looked at. I'm curious, just so I can check their ratings and confirm they're reasonable - what 'no name prospects' are you seeing near the top of the NYY list?
injury log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:44 PM   #60
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

This is silly but it's driving me crazy, how are the teams on the start screen for the game arranged? It doesn't seem like they are in any kind of order, and I have been staring at the start screen for like 5 minutes trying to see if there is an order to them.
wallewalls is offline   Reply With Quote