Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 01-03-2017, 06:42 PM   #1
IStillDream
Minors (Double A)

Some awfully nice "scouting discoveries"

Oh look, a couple potentially hall-of-fame Catchers magically appear. How nice for you, while my scouts find a bunch of half-star relievers. Grumble Grumble Random Number gods

(Not actually bitter–my time will come! But jesus, look at that guy the Yankees turned up!)
Attached Images
Image Image 
IStillDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 11:49 PM   #2
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Report back in six seasons with stats.
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 01:00 AM   #3
Sam_15
Minors (Triple A)

Another thing could be scouting...is your scouting set to 100% accurate? If not, it may just be a case of your scout overvaluing them. Happens all the time. Regardless, I'd be interested to see how these guys end up.
Sam_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 04:57 PM   #4
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

at least when it occurs, the discoveries are more accurately depicted (scouted) than the international amatuers that typically show up july 2nd. Those july 2nd ones are way more often overrated (inaccurate). since they are discoveries, i have alot more faith in those ratings.

looks like jose is a future DH if he can't catch, but he's also the more likely to develop... i'd shortlist ("watch" list) that guy for sure. although, likely just randomly, i seem to have alot of good luck with "Orozco" surname, lol. just had a catcher with that surname, too.

and like someone else intimated... let's see what that 16 year old looks like after just a couple years in the international complex, let alone working his way through your MiL system.

even if you spend more than all other teams on international amatuer scouting and have a good scout for them, 1/6 (WAY more) or 1/10+ years for a 72+/80 prospect is all you can hope for... just pure dumb luck when you get one... if you don't spend much maybe double those estimates - and these are pure b.s. ratios meant only to give perspective.

At least they interrupt play when they are rated well and those particular email interruptions are turned off (a good thing!!).... I even reduce it to few discoveries (6?) a year in the settings. as well as the july 2nd ones.

Last edited by NoOne; 01-04-2017 at 05:01 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 05:08 PM   #5
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

As if his ratings weren't enough, the Yankees guy is already a first-ballot mustache Hall of Famer at 16!

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote