Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - 3D Models

Old 08-13-2016, 01:55 PM   #61
adion
All Star Starter

I appreciate the comments. I hope to get at least one more done today, once I get finish mowing weeds (damn monsoons)!
adion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 05:39 PM   #62
adion
All Star Starter

V2s of Wrigley 39 & 79, Milwaukee County Braves

Here are Mike's excellent Wrigley fields with backgrounds. I used Google Earth Wrigley Field and selected historical location. Some of the buildings are out of focus for some reason but I tried to fix them up a little. I am still working On Milwaukee County Stadium for the Brewers.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/m1q...Ballpark_Files
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 08-16-2016, 04:28 PM   #63
adion
All Star Starter

V2 Milwaukee County Brewers & Colts

Version 2. uploaded

Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 08-17-2016, 06:14 PM   #64
adion
All Star Starter

V2 of Ebbets Field & Jarry Park

Uploaded

Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 08-18-2016, 02:34 PM   #65
adion
All Star Starter

V2 Forbes Field

Uploaded

Attached Images
Old 08-20-2016, 10:27 AM   #66
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adion View Post
Is it intentional to have a modern cityscape for Forbes Field. Didn't know Pittsburgh had anything above 2 stories.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 12:05 PM   #67
zappa1
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Is it intentional to have a modern cityscape for Forbes Field. Didn't know Pittsburgh had anything above 2 stories.

Hey Game, I posted instructions at Silvams "my 3D ballparks models" on how I set the large labels for the game. Check it out.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 12:32 PM   #68
adion
All Star Starter

Forbes

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
You are correct, it isn't right. I use Google Earth to get backgrounds and the problem with the old parks when I go to where they used to be I can't find much that works. In this case I used something around where PNC is now. I found a better picture of old Forbes and will look at finding a better background after I order parts for my lawn tractor which I broke mowing weeds!

If you find some location that you think with work please message me.

I appreciate your input and your desire to have the backgrounds as accurate as possible.
Old 08-21-2016, 11:18 AM   #69
adion
All Star Starter

Forbes

Quote:
You are correct, it isn't right. I use Google Earth to get backgrounds and the problem with the old parks when I go to where they used to be I can't find much that works. In this case I used something around where PNC is now. I found a better picture of old Forbes and will look at finding a better background after I order parts for my lawn tractor which I broke mowing weeds!

If you find some location that you think with work please message me.

I appreciate your input and your desire to have the backgrounds as accurate as possible.

How about this? It is from the general area in Pittsburgh where Forbes was. It is difficult trying to find a location that is similar to the "old days" using Google Earth and still looks half way decent in the game.

Let me know what you think.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 08-21-2016, 04:59 PM   #70
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
How about this? It is from the general area in Pittsburgh where Forbes was. It is difficult trying to find a location that is similar to the "old days" using Google Earth and still looks half way decent in the game.

Let me know what you think.
To me that looks better. Also works for a league which i use Forbes, which isn't Pittsburgh.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 05:28 PM   #71
adion
All Star Starter

Okay. I will upload it now.
Old 08-21-2016, 05:47 PM   #72
adion
All Star Starter

Forbes update

I have updated Forbes V2 with a background more applicable to the era. I left the previous V2 in the file in case someone prefers that.

(Have I mentioned how great these parks that Silvam makes are?)

Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 08-22-2016, 03:20 PM   #73
adion
All Star Starter

Forbes V3 & Angels 1966

I put the background on Silvam's Forbes update (I add the version numbers so I can keep track of them) and on his 1966 Angels

Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 08-22-2016, 03:46 PM   #74
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Wow. These just keep getting better and better. The measure of depth is starting to come along very, very nicely! Well done!!
Old 08-22-2016, 07:02 PM   #75
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

I agree with endgame. Awesome job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-22-2016, 07:45 PM   #76
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Okay, way way out of left field question while it's on my mind. What are the chances that these 'backgrounds' could be stand-alone mods that could be plopped into the making of a fictional field? I'm suggesting that while it's outstanding there's a tandem effort in place that results in these wonderful creations, is it simply easier to- like a logo or such -to post a ballpark and say, "Could you throw a background on this one when you have time?" Or could one request a background in isolation? I don't know the insides and outs.

I'm purely a fictional user and love variation in my ballparks. I'm going to get this name wrong I'll bet, but these combined efforts are starting to remind me of Blueturf's old fictional creations. That's a great memory to provoke and be compared with, let me tell you. Now, guess I'm saying how do we get there from here or is it even a possibility without a lot of effort being asked of you with each request?
Old 08-22-2016, 08:18 PM   #77
adion
All Star Starter

In order to put these around a park you need to build the 'screen' in Sketchup and then import the background. To my knowledge there is no way to do it any other way. If you want backgrounds for the fictional parks tell me which park you want what kind of background and I will work on it. Remember, I use google earth to get the backgrounds. So if you give me an location, city & state and maybe street, I may be able to find something that works for you. You can send me the info on PM or via email if you want.
Old 08-22-2016, 08:36 PM   #78
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
In order to put these around a park you need to build the 'screen' in Sketchup and then import the background. To my knowledge there is no way to do it any other way. If you want backgrounds for the fictional parks tell me which park you want what kind of background and I will work on it. Remember, I use google earth to get the backgrounds. So if you give me an location, city & state and maybe street, I may be able to find something that works for you. You can send me the info on PM or via email if you want.
Thanks a million for the offer. And because I'm at the office, plus a bit lazy right now, is there a link to where you describe just how you go about doing this, in the event I wouldn't want to trouble you?
Old 08-22-2016, 08:48 PM   #79
adion
All Star Starter

It took me a long time and a lot of trial and error to figure out how to do this. I don't know of link that shows how to do it that way I do. There is a link on how to to put a circular background in but It didn't work very well for this application. I could add to the fictional parks a lot quicker if I was to use ones I already made. So, if you tell me if there are backgrounds for Silvam's parks that you would like for a historical(S) park tell me and I will transfer them. If you have Sketchup, you can can open the the park that you want use the background from, select the base and the two picture then go to edit and select copy and then go the open the Sketchup file for the fictional park that you want it in and select paste in place from edit. You may have to adjust the position some times. I can give you a run down of how I do it from scratch if you want but I don't know how well I can describe it. Do you have sketchup?
Old 08-22-2016, 08:51 PM   #80
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Nope. Thinking about it, but probably lack the ambition to integrate it into an already long list of things I'm not getting done. I'll review and compare notes with you; see what it is I'd really like to accomplish first and go from there. Thanks again for all of your efforts! You too Silvam!!