Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - Online Leagues

FHM 2 - Online Leagues Looking to join an online league, or are you looking for new members for your own league? Post about it here.

Old 10-05-2015, 03:22 AM   #1
Fred Shero
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Historical League

If anyone is doing one, I have interest.
Fred Shero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 06:27 PM   #2
Duranium
All Star Starter

me too

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 07:31 PM   #3
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Think I would like to try.
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 08:24 PM   #4
tward13
All Star Starter

I'd like to give it a shot.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 09:47 AM   #5
legendsport
Hall Of Famer

I'd like to start a historical league and I've been working on several options, depending on how many would be interested in a historical league.

Original Six (1942-43 or maybe 1945-46 to get past WWII's fluky statistical impact)
NHL/WHA - 1972-73
The Gretzky Era - 1979-80

Depending on how we did it, we'd need six for the 40s (obviously), 14 to 18 for the NHL/WHA if some were willing to run two teams, and 21 for the 80s league.

Do you guys have a preference?

Figment League - A fictional history of baseball - Want to join in the fun? Shoot me a PM!

Read the story of the Barrell Family - A Figment Baseball tale

The Figment Sports Universe - More Fake Sports Than You Can Shake a Stick At!
legendsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 11:03 AM   #6
JaBurns
All Star Starter

I would be interested in the post WWII start but it is a small 6 team league for 20+ years......

Jim
Old 10-06-2015, 12:35 PM   #7
tward13
All Star Starter

I'm interested in any era if I can get the Rangers. Even post WWII when they were horrendous.
Old 10-06-2015, 02:13 PM   #8
legendsport
Hall Of Famer

In addition to myself, I have two others from my baseball leagues willing to give it a go, plus Tom & Jim - that would be five. We'd need only one more to do an Original Six league.

I suppose we could do a "Second Six" league starting with the expansion in '67-68 if we can get to 12.

I'm open to suggestions. My preference would be '79-80 but finding 21 GMs for the game's first historical league might be too tall an order.

Figment League - A fictional history of baseball - Want to join in the fun? Shoot me a PM!

Old 10-06-2015, 05:51 PM   #9
FOG
Bat Boy

I'm in Joe!
FOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 07:05 PM   #10
Duranium
All Star Starter

I´d be in for a 67/68 or a 80´s NHL/WHA league

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 07:39 PM   #11
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Let me know what I have to do; I have never played in an online league before so please have patience with me, eventually I get it....
Old 10-06-2015, 11:30 PM   #12
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Hey Legendsport,

I have 7 guy's rounded up for a league and I may be able to get them to go for a merger If I can get some more info about where you think this league is headed. Do you have any idea of what type of sim schedule your leaning towards? How many days per? etc...

Our plan was to go the route of my OOTP Baseball Leagues with an every day sim schedule 1 week per day (regular Season)

So any Info or thoughts about the format would greatly help my case to them

Thanks
Rhett
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 07:24 AM   #13
legendsport
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painmantle View Post
Hey Legendsport,

I have 7 guy's rounded up for a league and I may be able to get them to go for a merger If I can get some more info about where you think this league is headed. Do you have any idea of what type of sim schedule your leaning towards? How many days per? etc...

Our plan was to go the route of my OOTP Baseball Leagues with an every day sim schedule 1 week per day (regular Season)

So any Info or thoughts about the format would greatly help my case to them

Thanks
Rhett
That's actually the same schedule I use for my OOTP baseball leagues too but I sim only Monday thru Friday and take weekends off, doing 1 week per sim like you do. I was leaning towards the same for the hockey league since I find that pace to be a good mix of not-too-quick, not-too-slow.

So it would seem like pooling the GMs could definitely be beneficial. What start year were you planning on having?

Old 10-07-2015, 07:45 AM   #14
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendsport View Post
That's actually the same schedule I use for my OOTP baseball leagues too but I sim only Monday thru Friday and take weekends off, doing 1 week per sim like you do. I was leaning towards the same for the hockey league since I find that pace to be a good mix of not-too-quick, not-too-slow.

So it would seem like pooling the GMs could definitely be beneficial. What start year were you planning on having?
We hadn't really gotten that far yet, I'm in 5 online leagues (Run 2 of them) and I had sent a feeler out to all of them for an FHM2 League and Got responses from 6 guys. I wasn't even 100% sure it would be Historical (Although that is my preference)

I'm in communication with these guys right now I have already heard back from 1 guy who said Historical is good for him preferably starting in the 60/70's, so score 1 Goal

I will keep you updated.
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Old 10-07-2015, 08:29 AM   #15
legendsport
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painmantle View Post
We hadn't really gotten that far yet, I'm in 5 online leagues (Run 2 of them) and I had sent a feeler out to all of them for an FHM2 League and Got responses from 6 guys. I wasn't even 100% sure it would be Historical (Although that is my preference)

I'm in communication with these guys right now I have already heard back from 1 guy who said Historical is good for him preferably starting in the 60/70's, so score 1 Goal

I will keep you updated.
Sounds good - thanks Rhett.

I've got a few guys from my site who are interested as well, so it's likely we'll have enough to start at least in the 70s. I think it'd be interesting to do the NHL/WHA years.

Old 10-07-2015, 11:40 AM   #16
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendsport View Post
Sounds good - thanks Rhett.

I've got a few guys from my site who are interested as well, so it's likely we'll have enough to start at least in the 70s. I think it'd be interesting to do the NHL/WHA years.
I like that Idea, I did go to many Indianapolis Racers Games in my youth
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino

Last edited by Painmantle; 10-07-2015 at 11:43 AM.
Old 10-07-2015, 11:48 AM   #17
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

So are you looking at Starting in 71/72 season? That's when the WHA began, Right now it looks like 5 guys (Including myself) are good with Historical, one guy is a hold out for either Fictional or Current Rosters. But I'll have to confirm there desire and get back with you before I have a final official count
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Old 10-07-2015, 12:31 PM   #18
tward13
All Star Starter

First WHA is 72-73 isn't it?
Old 10-07-2015, 01:17 PM   #19
legendsport
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tward13 View Post
First WHA is 72-73 isn't it?
Yes, '72-73 was the first year of the WHA.

What I was thinking is that we could have guys take a primary team from any of the surviving clubs that made it to the '79-80 merger - so that would exclude all the WHA teams except Winnipeg, New England/Hartford, Quebec and Alberta/Edmonton plus the Golden Seals in the NHL.

Then guys could - if they wish to - run a second team from what's left. To completely fill all the survivors, we'd need 19 teams (the Caps & Scouts/Rockies/Devils come in later as expansion teams to get to the 21 that made the merger).

If we end up with fewer than 19 we could start earlier. 12 would let us start in '67-68, 14 would start us in '70-71 - anything between 14 & 19 we could start in '72-73 with a few AI teams (which is less than optimal obviously, but probably doable).

If things take off and go really well, we'd need to cap it at 21 GMs - we can do the 1972-79 period with 21 - a couple of guys would just need to run a WHA team until the Caps & Scouts come in in 1974-75.

Old 10-07-2015, 06:34 PM   #20
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Looks like it is starting off with a bang. However it goes I would like a shot at the Leafs. I can still remember the Cup with George Armstrong in '67 on a small black and white TV.
Team has frustrated me since then; why should this be any different??

Jim