Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 08-27-2019, 10:46 PM   #1
acclaim99
Major Leagues

Can someone explain this jam I'm in, about finacials

I've had my 1st bad season in however long (currently in 2074). I've had high ticket prices since I've been a dynasty, and never had any money issues with anything.

Last season, I had my first 100 loss season and am now in a rebuild.

I ended up with the #1 overall pick, something I can really use.

I only have 3.5 mil for my draft budget, but the #1 spot slot is 4.5 mil. Since it is the day of the draft, I can't trade my pick for anything. So, I don't understand why now, I'm stuck.

Is there anyway to enable commish mode so I can give myself cash to get through the draft? How would I even accomplish that?

Is there anything at all I can do? And, how do I make sure that I earn enough money for the upcoming year so I can afford to pay for the draft picks?

acclaim99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 10:50 PM   #2
acclaim99
Major Leagues

Ok, so I read I can't enable commish mode since I started it in challenge mode.

So, I'm stuck with the #1 pick, with not enough money to sign any picks. What are my options? I can't trade the pick, I can't sign the pick, is there any way to increase my draft money the day of the draft? WHAT CAN I DO!

Old 08-27-2019, 10:55 PM   #3
acclaim99
Major Leagues

If I go to League Settings -> Rules
And change the slot bonus baseline from 1,500,000 to 0, it looks like I can meet demand on some as the recommend slot thingie on the draft screen goes to 0.

Someone explain on what that does, is it bad to change, ?

Old 08-28-2019, 01:16 AM   #4
jmolony3
Minors (Double A)

Try meet demand instead of offer slot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
jmolony3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 05:33 AM   #5
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Depending on how much in the red you are, you don't need to sign picks on the day of the draft, you do have some time afterwards. So if you have a few high-priced players you can trade, that can sometimes give you a little more budget space, even if your actual "Draft budget" isn't high enough for the players you need. But if you're deep in the red, that may not help enough.

The other option is you draft a player and do not sign them, in which case you'll get the 2nd overall pick next year as compensation. You'll need to be sure you have a lot more budget space next year, but it's at least some consolation.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 05:33 AM   #6
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Depending on how much in the red you are, you don't need to sign picks on the day of the draft, you do have some time afterwards. So if you have a few high-priced players you can trade, that can sometimes give you a little more budget space, even if your actual "Draft budget" isn't high enough for the players you need. But if you're deep in the red, that may not help enough.

The other option is you draft a player and do not sign them, in which case you'll get the 2nd overall pick next year as compensation. You'll need to be sure you have a lot more budget space next year, but it's at least some consolation.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote