Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 10-06-2017, 11:34 AM   #201
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

As a favor to me and to the rest of the people who use this sub-forum, please do not post schedules to this thread - it makes them harder to find. Instead, please start a new thread in the schedules sub-forum.

Thanks
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 12:38 PM   #202
Fishbreath
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaner_wils View Post
How do you get this to work for a Mac? I have downloaded Java but am not familiar with this program at all. i think I have downloaded it properly, when I drag the schedule generator over it says access denied. Could someone please help me figure this out
To run the scheduler on a Mac, I believe you have to drag the run.sh file over Terminal. If it's still saying permission denied, you may need to set the file to be executable. (See http://www.macinstruct.com/node/415 for information.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmel07 View Post
First of all, let me say thanks for building such a utility. I'm coming back to OOTP after an approximate 10 year layoff. Reading messages in my inbox from 2005 is insane. Enough with the flashbacks!

I downloaded the schedule generator and thought I had the hang of what it would produce, but since the results weren't as I expected, I figured I'd just ask the question and see if someone would be so nice as to comment and tell me if what I'm trying to do is impossible or not.

League Format:

1 League
4 Divisions
Division 1: 7 Teams
Division 2: 8 Teams
Division 3: 7 Teams
Division 4: 8 Teams

If it simplifies the problem I can always go to 4 eight team divisions. My goal is to play 1 3-game series against every team not in my division and then play divisional games for the remainder of the season. I was shooting for something like a 158 game season, but that's also not set in stone. When I attempted to generate a schedule with what I thought were the correct settings, I got a 205 game schedule and didn't seem to get any inter-divisional play.

Any help would be appreciated, welcome and enjoyed by me.

Thanks,
Jim
I've attached a settings file which generates something close to what you want. The scheduler can't do exactly what you'd like, because it's based on composing several round-robin or nearly-round-robin schedules. For inter-division games, teams in a given division will never play against each other unless there's no other choice, and it isn't possible to round-robin four divisions with that constraint. The scheduler splits them up into two equal-size groups and plays the groups against one another. In your case, each team will play 15 other teams in inter-divisional play.

Leaving myself a note: it occurs to me that I could probably do even better with a sort of two-stage round-robin thing, where the divisions are paired off round robin, then the teams inside the divisions are paired off round-robin. That would only work for pools with an even number of divisions, though; if there's a whole division that has a bye, breaks get too long.
Attached Files
File Type: txt settings-jmel07.txt (2.8 KB, 240 views)
Fishbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 04:01 PM   #203
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

edit - wrong thread
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947

Last edited by Germaniac; 11-07-2017 at 04:08 PM.
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 12:00 PM   #204
nbcello
Bat Boy

So I cannot for the life of me figure out how to run this thing on my mac. I've downloaded the latest Java Developer Kit. I dragged the run.sh file into terminal and got an error saying "unable to access OOTPschedulegenerator.jar". So I edited the run.sh to include the file path. This time I get a bunch of computer gibberish preceded by "Exception in thread "main" java.io.FileNotFoundException: ./settings.ini (No such file or directory)".
What the hell gives? It's so frustrating fighting my computer to try to get it to run stuff like this, but I guess that's the price I pay for being a mac person. If only I weren't a musician.
nbcello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 12:27 PM   #205
Fishbreath
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbcello View Post
So I cannot for the life of me figure out how to run this thing on my mac. I've downloaded the latest Java Developer Kit. I dragged the run.sh file into terminal and got an error saying "unable to access OOTPschedulegenerator.jar". So I edited the run.sh to include the file path. This time I get a bunch of computer gibberish preceded by "Exception in thread "main" java.io.FileNotFoundException: ./settings.ini (No such file or directory)".
What the hell gives? It's so frustrating fighting my computer to try to get it to run stuff like this, but I guess that's the price I pay for being a mac person. If only I weren't a musician.
On looking, I've discovered that Mac shell scripts execute in the home directory, not the directory they're in.

You should be able to make it work by either adding

cd your-install-directory

above the Java line, or by doing the full path to settings.ini like you did for the jar file.
Old 01-30-2018, 06:22 PM   #206
slane
Minors (Single A)

been trying like heck to get this to do what I want, but I haven't been successful yet. if someone could help, I'd really appreciate it.

League setup is 28 teams, 2 subleagues with 2 divisions of 7 teams each. Goal is 84 divisional games, 70 subleague games and no interleague games. 11 games off for the all star break for me to schedule custom interleague games.

Ideally the divisional series lengths are 3-3-4-4 and the subleague series lengths are 3-3-2-2.

Maybe the series length is creating the problem?

Brewster Baseball Association

Long Beach Surfers

Apply to The Brewster and the GBC here: http://montybrewster.net/forums/app.php/applicationform
slane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 06:55 PM   #207
Fishbreath
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slane View Post
been trying like heck to get this to do what I want, but I haven't been successful yet. if someone could help, I'd really appreciate it.

League setup is 28 teams, 2 subleagues with 2 divisions of 7 teams each. Goal is 84 divisional games, 70 subleague games and no interleague games. 11 games off for the all star break for me to schedule custom interleague games.

Ideally the divisional series lengths are 3-3-4-4 and the subleague series lengths are 3-3-2-2.

Maybe the series length is creating the problem?
The trouble is that odd numbers of teams are difficult for the scheduler, since it's round-robin by kind of game. At any given time, teams will only be playing divisional games or have a bye, or be playing subleague games or have a bye, and so on. To ensure that every team in a division of 7 plays the same number of divisional games, every team must have the same number of byes. That means that the round-robin cycle must finish; it takes six series for that to happen. Therefore, the number of divisional series must be a multiple of 6.

The closest thing to what you want is 90 divisional games of series length 3, for 30 series. 72 games of series length 3 would also work (24 series). 84 games works if you accept a series length of 2 (42 series).

I've attached a settings file which does 84 games in 2-game series with an 11-day allstar break. You can tweak that as you like. Let me know if you have any questions.
Attached Files
File Type: txt settings-slane.txt (3.2 KB, 205 views)
Old 02-02-2018, 08:00 AM   #208
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

I still can't get the scheduler to respect the non_off_days_of_week setting.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 08:40 PM   #209
Fishbreath
Minors (Double A)

Attach a settings file and I'll take a look at it. The scheduler may be incorrectly prioritizing the other settings above non_off_days_of_week.
Old 02-09-2018, 02:12 PM   #210
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbreath View Post
Attach a settings file and I'll take a look at it. The scheduler may be incorrectly prioritizing the other settings above non_off_days_of_week.
Once I get the generator to run on my new computer, I'll do that. Still in the process of installing Java,
Old 03-19-2018, 03:32 PM   #211
Hageneezz
All Star Reserve

Hi, i am trying to make a schedule for a 40 team league. 4 divisions of 10 teams each. I would like each team to play 90 games, all against opponents from their own division. So 10 games for each team against each of their divisional opponents. But it does not work so far. Could you please help in setting the right instructions in the settings file please?
Hageneezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 03:44 PM   #212
siddharth
Minors (Single A)

so i made a schedule 3 games then break 4 games then break like this how many days should i set as break days because it taking more then 1 day break sometimes it taking 4 day break i only want 1 day break i st the break days to 30
siddharth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 03:40 PM   #213
Deftones2003
Minors (Double A)

Been playing with this for about an hour or so and i'm stumped on the break days part of this.
I have a league setup of 1 Division, 8 teams, 36 game schedule

Playing days to be Friday/Saturday/Sunday
Off days to be Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday

How do i set this up in the settings file?

Any help would be appreciated

***** Got it working******
Much easier when you open this is Notepad++ and not regular notepad! hah

Thanks

Last edited by Deftones2003; 04-13-2018 at 03:57 PM.
Deftones2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 05:27 AM   #214
siddharth
Minors (Single A)

interleague=false
; Whether to write to the schedule file
; claiming the schedule is balanced.
balanced=false
; The league structure, in schedule file
; format. Underscores are permitted but ignored.
structure=SL1D1T8

[schedule]
; This many divisional games.
divisional_games=30
; This many subleague games.
subleague_games=30
; This many interleague/interdivisional games.
interleague_games=0
match_divisions=false

;match_subleagues=false
match_subleagues_by_division=false

[divisional-series]
preferred_length=3.
pool_count=1

[subleague-series]
preferred_length=4
pool_count=1

[interleague-series]
preferred_length=3
pool_count=1

I have got one subleauge with 8 teams i want them to play 3 series and a 4 series is this ok ?
siddharth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 12:05 PM   #215
kaykills
Minors (Single A)

Hey. This script is fantastic. Thank you. I am running into an issue trying to write to file. I get the following error :

Code:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal pattern character 'Y'
	at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.compile(SimpleDateFormat.java:768)
	at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.initialize(SimpleDateFormat.java:575)
	at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.<init>(SimpleDateFormat.java:500)
	at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.<init>(SimpleDateFormat.java:475)
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedConstructor.invoke(CachedConstructor.java:77)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.ConstructorSite$ConstructorSiteNoUnwrapNoCoerce.callConstructor(ConstructorSite.java:102)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCallConstructor(CallSiteArray.java:54)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callConstructor(AbstractCallSite.java:182)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callConstructor(AbstractCallSite.java:190)
	at com.manywords.softworks.ootpscheduler.OOTPScheduleFileWriter.writeScheduleFile(OOTPScheduleFileWriter.groovy:52)
	at com.manywords.softworks.ootpscheduler.OOTPScheduleFileWriter$writeScheduleFile.call(Unknown Source)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCall(CallSiteArray.java:42)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:108)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:120)
	at com.manywords.softworks.ootpscheduler.Main.run(Main.groovy:125)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedMethod.invoke(CachedMethod.java:90)
	at groovy.lang.MetaMethod.doMethodInvoke(MetaMethod.java:233)
	at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:1047)
	at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:877)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper.invokePogoMethod(InvokerHelper.java:793)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper.invokeMethod(InvokerHelper.java:776)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper.runScript(InvokerHelper.java:394)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper$runScript.call(Unknown Source)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCall(CallSiteArray.java:42)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:108)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:120)
	at com.manywords.softworks.ootpscheduler.Main.main(Main.groovy)
Not a java expert so not really sure how to get around it. I am running the .sh script on

Mac 10.12.6
Java 8 / 171
kaykills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 01:48 AM   #216
Jtward9
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Looks Awesome!

I just downloaded this! I can't wait to use it!
Thanks!

Last edited by Jtward9; 07-14-2018 at 01:57 AM.
Jtward9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 10:54 AM   #217
Fishbreath
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykills View Post
Hey. This script is fantastic. Thank you. I am running into an issue trying to write to file. I get the following error :

Code:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal pattern character 'Y'
    at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.compile(SimpleDateFormat.java:768)
    at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.initialize(SimpleDateFormat.java:575)
    at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.<init>(SimpleDateFormat.java:500)
    at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.<init>(SimpleDateFormat.java:475)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedConstructor.invoke(CachedConstructor.java:77)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.ConstructorSite$ConstructorSiteNoUnwrapNoCoerce.callConstructor(ConstructorSite.java:102)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCallConstructor(CallSiteArray.java:54)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callConstructor(AbstractCallSite.java:182)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callConstructor(AbstractCallSite.java:190)
    at com.manywords.softworks.ootpscheduler.OOTPScheduleFileWriter.writeScheduleFile(OOTPScheduleFileWriter.groovy:52)
    at com.manywords.softworks.ootpscheduler.OOTPScheduleFileWriter$writeScheduleFile.call(Unknown Source)
    at com.manywords.softworks.ootpscheduler.Main.run(Main.groovy:125)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedMethod.invoke(CachedMethod.java:90)
    at groovy.lang.MetaMethod.doMethodInvoke(MetaMethod.java:233)
    at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:1047)
    at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:877)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper.invokePogoMethod(InvokerHelper.java:793)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper.invokeMethod(InvokerHelper.java:776)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper.runScript(InvokerHelper.java:394)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper$runScript.call(Unknown Source)
    at com.manywords.softworks.ootpscheduler.Main.main(Main.groovy)
Not a java expert so not really sure how to get around it. I am running the .sh script on

Mac 10.12.6
Java 8 / 171

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you on this—I've been away from OOTP for a while.

I think this might happen if your system language setting is something other than English. The issue occurs in the code which generates the filename for the finished schedule.

I'm not quite sure how to fix it. I might just add a little configuration option to turn off the today's-date-based output file name.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:24 PM   #218
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Why will the schedule generator not schedule the same number of games against each subleague opponent if possible?

Check out the below settings file for an example. I have it set so that 96 subleague games are played, all in 4-game series, and there are 24 subleague teams to choose from - yet some teams play 8 times while others play 0 times.

Code:
[general]
; General options.
; n.b. interleague and balanced options here
; only control the schedule file filename
; and header. To enforce balance or interleague
; play, use the options under [schedule].

; claiming interleague play is supported.
interleague=true
; claiming the schedule is balanced.
balanced=false
; The league structure, in schedule file
; format. Underscores are permitted but ignored.
structure=SL1_D1_T6_D2_T6_D3_T6_D4_T6_D5_T6_SL2_D1_T6_D2_T6_D3_T6_D4_T6_D5_T6

[schedule]
; Scheduling options. The scheduling engine will
; create a schedule with exactly this many games,
; or inform you what to change to create a valid
; schedule.

; This many divisional games.
divisional_games=30
; This many subleague games.
subleague_games=96
; This many interleague/interdivisional games.
interleague_games=90
; If set to true, the scheduling engine will attempt
; to set up interdivisional pools between divisions
; of the same size.
match_divisions=false
; to set up interleague pools between leagues of the
; of the same size.
match_subleagues=false
; to set up interleague pools between divisions of
; the same size. If enabled at the same time as
; match_subleagues, match_subleagues will take
; priority.
match_subleagues_by_division=false

[divisional-series]
; Series scheduling options.

; The preferred length for series.
preferred_length=3
; In each division (or subleague, or all teams,
; for the two following sections), teams will
; be divided into this many pools.
pool_count=1

[subleague-series]
preferred_length=4
pool_count=1

[interleague-series]
preferred_length=3
pool_count=1

[break]
; Break scheduling options.

; This many days of break/padding will be added
; over the course of the series.
break_days=0

; The all-star game will be scheduled this far
; into the season. Set it to -1 to disable all-
; star scheduling.
all_star_percentage=60

; The all-star game will occur in a break of
; this length.
all_star_length=3

; The all-star game will occur on this day of
; the week.
all_star_day_of_week=Tuesday

; These options enable week-aware scheduling.
; start_day_of_week defines the first day of
; week in the schedule.
; No games will be scheduled on off_days_of_week.
; No random break days will be placed on non_off_days_of_week.
start_day_of_week=Saturday
off_days_of_week=
non_off_days_of_week=

; If true, break days may occur in the middle of
; series. If false, the scheduler will move break
; days to the end of series, except if doing so
; would cause a game to be played on a day specified
; in non_off_days_of_week.
mid_series_breaks = false

[time]
; Options for scheduling of games. The
; scheduler will distribute games evenly through
; the day per these options, starting on the hour
; or the half hour, preferring the last start times
; in the day first.

; Schedule the first game in a day no earlier
; than this.
first_start=1300
; Schedule the last game in a day no later than
; this.
last_start=2000
; Offset from the hour and half-hour by this much.
start_offset=0
; Start this many games at the same time.
simultaneous_games=2
Old 11-08-2018, 01:32 AM   #219
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

I am a moron. Think I figured it out. Awesome!

This is a damn fantastic tool. Thank you so much!

Last edited by dmacgreg37; 11-08-2018 at 01:46 AM.
dmacgreg37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 10:09 AM   #220
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

I, too, am an idiot. I've figured it out. Awesome tool!

Last edited by Cooleyvol; 11-27-2018 at 11:13 AM.
Cooleyvol is offline   Reply With Quote