Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Names and Nations

Old 04-12-2013, 03:27 PM   #61
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

working for 14?
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:41 PM   #62
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Location: In a dark, damp cave where I'm training slugs to run the bases......
Certainly should, the same way as in OOTP13 - nothing different in this area for 14.....but I have been so busy with stat stuff for beta, I haven't verified yet.

In the next few days I will be releasing an official update for OOTP14.....

The update will have three name sets: Modern, 1800's, and 1970's....
Questdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:34 PM   #63
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Questdog's Modern names for OOTP 12

I was able to get this to work in the quick start. My only problem now is that the US Historical doesn't produce any African American facegens, everyone is Caucasian and it seem like US Modern is still producing both Caucasians and Blacks. However, The names are working.

I think when re-importing names and ethnicities, ethnicities.txt is not being used. In fact, I don't think I even seen it loading up when the screen says "loading first names" and "loading last names" so it may be using the updated names with the default ethnicities file.

Last edited by SirMichaelJordan; 04-16-2013 at 02:36 PM.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:13 PM   #64
blackthrone
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quick question - how can I tell if I've got these name files loaded correctly for 14? I go into explore world in the game but it looks as though it's a completely new format from last year.
blackthrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:33 PM   #65
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

If the Hispanic names have any alternate characters (accents, etc.) then you know it is NOT working correctly.....I got rid of all of them so that they would print better.....also, if in the nation editor, the USA does NOT use the US (Historic) names, then you know it is not working....also, if you see any stupid names, it is NOT working...
Old 07-06-2013, 08:44 PM   #66
KySteveH
Minors (Triple A)

I have done my best to read this post, but I still don't know the answer to this question. I have just started a new league that uses the real MLB rosters for the most part. However I have moved franchises around, reorganized the minors, and some other stuff. Can I use this name set, or is it too late?

If there is something I can do to make this work, I would appreciate it.
KySteveH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:09 AM   #67
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

From the OOTP14 thread (works the same):

Unzip all the files to your data folder (.....\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 14\database or where the folder is if you set it up somewhere else).

Then replace the original files in the folder that match the new ones (after backing them up....you can do that by renaming them ORG_filename.txt). Rename the set you want to use by deleting the preface from each (i.e. 1870_names.txt becomes names.txt). All three use QD_nick_names.txt (it is just a blank file to eliminate nicknames from the game).

Then start up a new game!

If you want to use them on an existing game, it will work, but you only need the two names files (names.txt and first_names.txt). And you need to edit the USA in game through the nation editor to use 100% names from the US (modern) list if you are using the 1870 set and 88% US (modern), 12% US (historical) for the other two. Then you need to re-import the name database from the league setup page.

P.S. Any time you update the game with a patch, these files will be written over with the original files, so you'll have to re-install them.....

P.S.#2 You can't eliminate nicknames from a game that already has them, so using the blank nicknames file won't work on a game already started with the original file...

Using these files in a league already created will work, but you'll only get partial functionality. You can't re-import the world.xml file so you'll have to edit that data by hand in the world explorer in game. Other countries aren't critical, but if you don't set the USA to be like it should be, you'll never get the African-American names to generate. Also if the game already has nicknames in it, you can't get rid of them....period (except by manually deleting them as they pop up).

But even so, the partial functionality is 100 times better than the default names.........

P.S. The button to import the names claims to also import the ethnicity database, but I haven't done any tests to see if it actually does or not......if it does, then you should also use the ethnicity.txt file from my mod.....this will get the facegen skin color to match the US names properly....if it doesn't import, then some of your Anglo names will be dark skinned (no big deal) and most of your African-American names will be light skinned.....