Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-18-2019, 06:52 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Exclamation IMPORTANT: Info about the final beta release today

OK guys, later today (noon / afternoon ET) we will release the Final Beta of OOTP 20 to the friendly folks who have pre-ordered. In order for things to go smoothly, please read on.

1) Locate your serial number, you will need it today. You can find it in the confirmation email of your purchase, below the line that says "REGISTRATION INFORMATION". The serial number looks like this: OOTP20-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX.

If you cannot find the confirmation email, no problem. eSellerate has an after-purchase-support page, where you can find all your orders and receipts online. Please open the after-sales-support page here. Next to "Finding your order number", in the second section on that page, enter the email address that you used when you made the purchase.

2) We will send you an email to the email account you used for ordering once the game is ready to go (probably in the afternoon ET). The email will include the link to the setup files (one each for PC, Mac or Linux). You should, to be sure, check your spam folders too when looking for the email. Also, if you unsubscribed our newsletter in the past couple of years, you will not receive an email because you are blocked from our list. If that is the case, please check this forum, we will have a sticky post containing the links.

3) After you have downloaded and installed the game (if you get a Windows Defender warning when running the installer, click the "More Info" link and then the button to run the app anyway), the main screen will have the buttons "Purchase" and "Enter License Key" enabled. Click on the latter button, and then enter your license key into the box which comes up. You can use copy & paste, pasting on the PC works by hitting CTRL + V, on the Mac it's Cmd(Apple) + V. Again, the serial looks like this: OOTP20-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX ... the complete string is needed, including the "OOTP20"! Make sure you have no white spaces at the beginning or end.

4) It may take a few tries to activate the game, the servers will probably be rather busy. Unfortunately, this is out of our control, so you may have to be a bit patient. If you are having consistent trouble, please try disabling your firewall / virus scanner for the activation process.

5) If you still have problems activating the game, please read the following article in our knowledge base: Activation Problems - Help Desk

6) Please do not post bugs on this general forum! Post bug reports here: OOTP 20 Bug Reports and follow the bug reporting guidelines! Bug related to Perfect Team go to the PT bug report forum.

Alright, that's it I guess. We will monitor the forums over the week and fix all bugs that get properly reported to our support team. On Wednesday we'll release a beta patch. Then on Friday we will release the final game (including bug fixes) to the masses.

We can't wait to release OOTP 20. It's the culmination of over 20 years of hard work, and we believe you will love it!

Cheers!
Markus

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 03-18-2019 at 09:56 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 07:50 AM   #2
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

This is torture making us wait till 12 noon (eastern time- New York) UGH Going crazy on the unofficial Christmas day. I trust your team got plenty of sleep yesterday. LOL Seriously thanks for the heads up.
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 08:07 AM   #3
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nster View Post
This is torture making us wait till 12 noon (eastern time- New York) UGH Going crazy on the unofficial Christmas day. I trust your team got plenty of sleep yesterday. LOL Seriously thanks for the heads up.
Yep, should have read beta release on March 18.5
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 08:07 AM   #4
Marcelo67
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thank you Guys!

Thank you for your hard work! This baseball simulation is amazing.
Marcelo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 08:59 AM   #5
klkitchens
Minors (Triple A)

Old 03-18-2019, 09:02 AM   #6
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nster View Post

Good things come to those who wait.

Better that they take extra time and get it right, right from the start instead of rushing things and releasing the game too early that has alot of issues (like many other game companies do). OOTPD's track record proves that they like to "get it right" the first time while making a grand First Impression!
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 09:07 AM   #7
klkitchens
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom Of The Sixth View Post
Good things come to those who wait.

Better that they take extra time and get it right, right from the start instead of rushing things and releasing the game too early that has alot of issues (like many other game companies do). OOTPD's track record proves that they like to "get it right" the first time while making a grand First Impression!
Actually, would seem today's release is already done and as right as it's going to be. They've promised a patch on Wednesday. No discredit to the developers but that IS their track record. Release and then immediately patch... so you cannot really say they like to "get it right" the first time. But they release a good first version (it's a beta anyway, so not even expected to be "right").
Old 03-18-2019, 09:11 AM   #8
Mat
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom Of The Sixth View Post
I highly doubt they are still working on the game development this morning.

Mat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 09:12 AM   #9
TwinsGuy11
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by klkitchens View Post
You beto believe it.

I'll see myself out
TwinsGuy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 09:25 AM   #10
Khlod
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Sériously can't wait, but won't be able to try it before late tonight!! Thanks for the great game guys. Perfect team is a real drug. I'm deeply addicted. Can't wait to crack packs and try the new version!
Khlod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 09:30 AM   #11
klkitchens
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khlod View Post
Sériously can't wait, but won't be able to try it before late tonight!! Thanks for the great game guys. Perfect team is a real drug. I'm deeply addicted. Can't wait to crack packs and try the new version!
I see what you did there.
Old 03-18-2019, 09:34 AM   #12
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by klkitchens View Post
Actually, would seem today's release is already done and as right as it's going to be. They've promised a patch on Wednesday. No discredit to the developers but that IS their track record. Release and then immediately patch... so you cannot really say they like to "get it right" the first time. But they release a good first version (it's a beta anyway, so not even expected to be "right").
I think Markus said they would be adding the joystick options to the game this morning.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 09:41 AM   #13
klkitchens
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
I think Markus said they would be adding the joystick options to the game this morning.
Of course that means an arcade mode obviously.

horse = dead
Old 03-18-2019, 10:20 AM   #14
bborello
Minors (Rookie Ball)

thanks. Looking forward!!!
bborello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 08:38 AM   #15
wilkiburger14
Minors (Double A)

Have ordered under the wrong email, so I can not redeem the code, I was one character out, It may have happened before, how do I rectfiy this without buying again?
wilkiburger14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 08:48 AM   #16
wilkiburger14
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkiburger14 View Post
Have ordered under the wrong email, so I can not redeem the code, I was one character out, It may have happened before, how do I rectfiy this without buying again?

I have now purchased it for a second time , if anyone can PM me to source a refund that would be great
wilkiburger14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 12:10 PM   #17
Pirates
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkiburger14 View Post
I know this won't help you, but if you are saying that you mistyped your email address, doesn't the seller require you to type your email in twice.
So you mistyped it twice?

I think it would have been prudent to contact OOTP first, before buying a second copy.

I wish you the best on getting this problem solved.
Pirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 12:22 PM   #18
Pirates
Major Leagues

Here is your answer:
My e-mail address has changed. How do I retrieve my order information / serial number?

SUMMARY

If your e-mail address has changed and you need to update your eSellerate order records or retrieve your serial number, you can use the After-Purchase Services site to update that information directly, at any time 24/7/365.

MORE INFORMATION

You can use the following simple processes to update an eSellerate order record with your new e-mail address, or to view the original receipt complete with any serial number or registration code that was provided at the time of your order.

To Change Your E-mail Address
To View Your Serial Number or Registration Code
If You Do Not Know Your Order Number
To Change Your E-mail Address

1. Visit After-Purchase Services at http://store.esellerate.net/support.
2. Near the top right-hand side of the page, enter the e-mail address you used for the original order, and your order number. Don't know your order number?

Enter your e-mail address and order number.

3. On the right-hand side of the next page, enter your new e-mail address in the New E-mail field, and then click Update E-mail Address.

That's all it takes! You can now log on using your new e-mail address for all future log-ons (e.g., to retrieve a serial number).

Note: If your order was for a subscription with recurring billings and you want future subscription-related e-mail messages to go to your new address, you should also use the link labeled Click here to update your subscription billing information near the bottom left-hand corner of the page. Then, on the next page, enter your new e-mail address in the E-mail field and click Save Changes.

To View Your Serial Number or Registration Code

2. Near the top right-hand side of the page, enter the e-mail address you used for the original order, and your order number. Don't know your order number?

3. On the left-hand side of the next page, click the click here link in the Print Receipt section to view the original receipt. Any serial number or registration code that was provided with your original order will be displayed in your receipt.

If You Do Not Know Your Order Number

2. On the right-hand side of the page in the middle, enter your e-mail address in the E-mail field just above the E-mail Order History button. Then, click E-mail Order History.

That's all it takes! Your order history, complete with order numbers, will be e-mailed to your address.

If you do not know your order number and you no longer have access to the e-mail address you used when you ordered, please continue with this Troubleshooter and/or submit a ticket to eSellerate's Support team (shopper@esellerate.net) for assistance and let us know the e-mail address (and/or the name and product purchased) for your order. We will be happy to look up your order and asisst you.
Old 03-19-2019, 03:52 PM   #19
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirates View Post
I know this won't help you, but if you are saying that you mistyped your email address, doesn't the seller require you to type your email in twice.
So you mistyped it twice?

I think it would have been prudent to contact OOTP first, before buying a second copy.

I wish you the best on getting this problem solved.
A lot of people just copy and paste an email address for the 2nd time.
Plus sometimes even when you do type it, a keyboard may not keep up or if its on a small screen like a phone you may not notice. I've had it happen before so i could see it.
May have been best to contact before trying again but i would have probably done the same thing as the op. I would have thought it was a glitch in the internet.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 04:12 PM   #20
Pirates
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballMan View Post
A lot of people just copy and paste an email address for the 2nd time.
Plus sometimes even when you do type it, a keyboard may not keep up or if its on a small screen like a phone you may not notice. I've had it happen before so i could see it.
May have been best to contact before trying again but i would have probably done the same thing as the op. I would have thought it was a glitch in the internet.
Are you saying you would have just bought a second copy?
It took me 5 seconds, to find out how to fix his problem(See above post).
Am I missing something here?