Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 12-06-2019, 07:26 PM   #1
airmaq79
Bat Boy

Exclamation need some technical assistance

last night i exited the game and left the computer (thus triggering the autosave /close function) when I woke up this morning I had a message stating that OOTP had crashed and asked me if i wanted to reopen. So when I went to play the game earlier, it was gone. Now I have seen this before, and went to implement the following steps, as I have done before:

To restore from the automatic backup, do the following:

1) Open the game and on the start screen, click on Settings (or Preferences in OOTP 11-14).

2) Now click on the tab "Troubleshooting".

3) Click "Open folder containing saved games".

4) Now open up the league folder you're wanting to restore.

5) Then select all of the .dat files in the folder and back them up (just in case) by copying them to a temporary folder or creating a zipped file with them

6) Open the folder called "auto-save".

7) In there, select all of the ".dat" files and copy them to the league folder (the parent of the current folder) overwriting all of the ".dat" files in the league folder.

Now start the game and load your league. If it's successful, it will display a message letting you know it's cleaning up text files. This might take several minutes to complete (or even longer if the auto-save backup is older, like from the beginning of the year).

I have done this a handful of times previously and been able to get everything going again. However, this time has been unsuccessful. I am noticing that there is no "world.dat" file. Does this mean that this is not salvageable? There is no league back up anywhere. Any help would be appreciated. I would hate to lose a league that I started way back in 2015..

edit ive been able to locate a file like that, but it is still not working. still need assistance please

edit now it wont completely load due to the park.dat file being gone. please help

and now i have the parks taken care of and it says it cant load the players file. Is this thing just screwed?

Last edited by airmaq79; 12-06-2019 at 10:29 PM.
airmaq79 is offline   Reply With Quote