Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 15 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 09-27-2014, 11:57 AM   #1
coachtim30
Bat Boy

Drafting Historical players

I apologize if this question has been on here before, but I'd like to know if it's possible in OOTP 15 to take historical players off their team and draft them onto completely different teams? Instead of playing the '27 Yankees against the '32 Cardinals, I would like to have to have the opportunity to take 200 or so greats from the past and distribute them onto 10-12 teams and then play a league.

Is this possible in OOTP 15?
coachtim30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 12:08 PM   #2
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachtim30 View Post
I apologize if this question has been on here before, but I'd like to know if it's possible in OOTP 15 to take historical players off their team and draft them onto completely different teams? Instead of playing the '27 Yankees against the '32 Cardinals, I would like to have to have the opportunity to take 200 or so greats from the past and distribute them onto 10-12 teams and then play a league.

Yes its possible.
A few ways to do this
1. Random Debut start a historical season at the year of your choosing and draft any player from history that you want., You can even choose the years you want them to start from. or end at.
2. Play the Seamheads Cooperstown quickstart available from the quickstart menu.
3. make a text file from baseball reference.com of the 200 players you want and put them into the Inaugural Draft ( might want to delete the fictional players 1st) So Babe Ruth vs albert Pujols vs Jeter vs Banks vs Cap Anson. see attached.
For the text file you want the shtml line from baseball ref. so ruth would be ruthba01, year that you want. i like bringing in players as rookies or their 1st full season then choosing remaining years of career.
Attached Files
File Type: txt MLB 2006.txt (47 Bytes, 353 views)
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

Last edited by The Game; 09-27-2014 at 12:11 PM.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 08:30 PM   #3
dennis4485
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Yes its possible.
A few ways to do this
1. Random Debut start a historical season at the year of your choosing and draft any player from history that you want., You can even choose the years you want them to start from. or end at.
2. Play the Seamheads Cooperstown quickstart available from the quickstart menu.
3. make a text file from baseball reference.com of the 200 players you want and put them into the Inaugural Draft ( might want to delete the fictional players 1st) So Babe Ruth vs albert Pujols vs Jeter vs Banks vs Cap Anson. see attached.
For the text file you want the shtml line from baseball ref. so ruth would be ruthba01, year that you want. i like bringing in players as rookies or their 1st full season then choosing remaining years of career.
I am not sure how to create text file from baseball ref. can you explain in detail....i am not that great with the notepad word or excel options. anyone help? and can you import that player and then edit their names?
dennis4485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 12:55 PM   #4
bd001217
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachtim30 View Post

Hello.

Yes it is.

I'm new to OOTP baseball myself, just bought it a couple of weeks ago, and I had pretty much the same question.

See if this will help..

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...tar-teams.html

I wanted to do the same thing, just take a bunch of all time greats (in their best seasons) and basically make a league of "all star" teams, with players of different eras playing on the same team against other such teams.

See if the info in that thread will help you, and post any further questions here, if I can answer them I certainly will (although I'm still learning myself).

Hope this will help you.

EDIT: And, once you import the players, you can either assign each of them to a team (I think you have to make yourself the Commissioner to do that), or you can hold a random draft.

Last edited by bd001217; 11-11-2014 at 12:56 PM.
bd001217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 09:23 PM   #5
coachtim30
Bat Boy

Thanks for the tips. I'm going to purchase the game and see if I can get them to work.
coachtim30 is offline   Reply With Quote