Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 10-22-2019, 11:30 AM   #621
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Well, it looks like out of all the team collections, these are certainly three of them.
Old 10-22-2019, 11:34 AM   #622
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

The angels had Nolan Ryan for his prime but I'm sure people are also pumped to earn guy who finished 7th in cy young once
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 11:34 AM   #623
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

I'm pretty happy with it. The Quokkas had Bill Freehan on their roster basically sucking wind.

Noticed I said *had*. He was insta-bought for 77,778 PP. And I can't help but feel I left some of it on the table, as quickly as he was purchased.

I hope you enjoy the card, whoever bought it. And I hope he doesn't suck wind for you.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 11:36 AM   #624
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

80K just for a locked mission card is absurd. Maybe the Tigers have some value to it but the others definitely don't.
Old 10-22-2019, 11:39 AM   #625
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
Without knowing the exact requirements, for most collections that seem like that I already have a card locked from something else so the reward is basically free
I forgot about that..., but still all required cards are LIVE cards and most of the LIVE missions were not worth doing in the first place....
bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 11:39 AM   #626
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
The angels had Nolan Ryan for his prime but I'm sure people are also pumped to earn guy who finished 7th in cy young once
There's a 96 Nolan Ryan SE as part of the Angels collection, one of the "lesser" rewards. Depending on his ratings that might be a good card. Just as long as Control isn't below 50 it should be usable on some teams.

There's also a 100 Norm Cash amongst the Tigers collection. Seems like there's some decent pickups in the single mission rewards, but nothing too earth shattering or meta-defining on Tuesday.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 11:39 AM   #627
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

yet another moment I wish OOTP Go was a thing so I could sell these cards from work
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 11:46 AM   #628
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
80K just for a locked mission card is absurd. Maybe the Tigers have some value to it but the others definitely don't.
The market will bear what the market will bear.

I basically see it as found money because Freehan was so bad that he was my backup catcher. Future Legend Keibert Ruiz was running rings around him.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
Old 10-22-2019, 11:47 AM   #629
traveller79
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Last edited by traveller79; 10-22-2019 at 06:38 PM.
traveller79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 12:38 PM   #630
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWR View Post
yet another moment I wish OOTP Go was a thing so I could sell these cards from work
I haven't sold anything so far. Market doesn't seem to be a fan of these missions.
Old 10-22-2019, 12:40 PM   #631
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Everyone who is in the loop was stocked up already, and all the "investors" that try to sell right away just flood the market and undercut each other.

Happens all the time on fifa.
Old 10-22-2019, 12:40 PM   #632
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
I haven't sold anything so far. Market doesn't seem to be a fan of these missions.
I did get lucky in that the Freehan was part of one of those missions were all the cards must be collected.

SPTT team

Old 10-22-2019, 12:48 PM   #633
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Everyone who is in the loop was stocked up already, and all the "investors" that try to sell right away just flood the market and undercut each other.

Happens all the time on fifa.
It just depends on the reward cards. I was selling Athletics like hot-cakes last month.

I predict on Thursday there will be a Cardinals collection with PEAK Ozzie. I'm sure that'll get some action.
Old 10-22-2019, 12:54 PM   #634
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

What are the chances that they'd allow this week-long celebration of winning pass without releasing the collections for the team most synonymous with winning, the Yankees?

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 12:58 PM   #635
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
What are the chances that they'd allow this week-long celebration of winning pass without releasing the collections for the team most synonymous with winning, the Yankees?
Apparently there's going to be 5 team missions? With 3 already hit. So 2 on Thursday. I'm really surprised the Tigers and Angels came, I thought it would be the playoff teams this week. So Yankees/Astros/Dodgers/Cardinals/Nationals.

Anyway it would be really funny if the Yankees mission was a dud like the Red Sox. Pretty sure it'll be PEAK Ozzie for the Cards, but don't know who they can do for the Yankees that doesn't already have a relevant card. Think there will be Mr. October in there somewhere.
Old 10-22-2019, 01:04 PM   #636
mrbloop
Bat Boy

Can't believe I waited a month for these missions. No cards that are even close to PL playable. Was hoping there would be something with the Detroit mission given their long history, but a 9 part collection mission with two diamonds as a reward is honestly insulting.
Old 10-22-2019, 01:06 PM   #637
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
It just depends on the reward cards. I was selling Athletics like hot-cakes last month.

I predict on Thursday there will be a Cardinals collection with PEAK Ozzie. I'm sure that'll get some action.
How would a Peak Ozzie be different from his diamond card? I think Peak Miggy clears the way for Peak Pujols.
Old 10-22-2019, 02:14 PM   #638
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabakin View Post
How would a Peak Ozzie be different from his diamond card?
If this card follows the pattern of most peak cards, the hitting ratings will be higher while the speed and defense take sizable hits. At least, this is basically what happened with both Belanger and Aparicio...

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 02:20 PM   #639
brrrdt1
Minors (Single A)

I've got all but one Angels card and am looking to sell. Pretty close to a complete set of Tigers too. And I'd move them. Shoot me a PM if you're working on either mission and looking for specific cards. Happy to cut through the nonsense of the AH and help some folks complete their collections.

brrrdt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 02:20 PM   #640
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbloop View Post
Can't believe I waited a month for these missions. No cards that are even close to PL playable. Was hoping there would be something with the Detroit mission given their long history, but a 9 part collection mission with two diamonds as a reward is honestly insulting.
Hal Newhouser is one of the best LHSP in the game now. Norm Cash is the best OBP hitter vR now. Miggy is a pretty solid hitter. Don't get so hung up on overalls.

DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote