Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 05-11-2019, 10:07 PM   #1
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

This just drives me nuts

Sometimes I wonder if the strategy sliders actually do anything. This is a MLB QS save. AI brought in right handed reliever to start the inning. AI doesn't replace him until after the last batter shown in the game log below. AI replaces him with a lefty to face a righty batter.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Dyzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 07:35 PM   #2
fredbeene
All Star Starter

agreed. There is also no logging of the strategies you do.
How many SH attempts, Hit and Run attempts?
How many flyouts, groundouts, foul balls etc etc
Have fun trying to read every game log and assembling your own
fredbeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 07:51 PM   #3
olivertheorem
All Star Starter

I assume there was a better RHP to face that righty hitter?
olivertheorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 08:21 PM   #4
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivertheorem View Post
I assume there was a better RHP to face that righty hitter?
I'm not even sure. It isn't my biggest gripe since a bunch of lefties were coming up after him. Just if I have the strategy setting for pulling relievers to be faster than the modern average MLB manager, how much longer does the average manager leave him in for? And if a lefty is the planned guy, it really made sense to wait until the one righty in the lineup is up to bring him in? You don't think maybe one of those previous lefties, back when the game wasn't completely out of hand, would have been a more optimal choice? It was just a confluence of factors that drove me crazy and made me wonder about the sliders and whether it is all just random or not.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:30 PM   #5
t-bone shuffle
All Star Reserve

I can back this up with the following:

I have a rookie league team with a large roster and sometimes as many as 22 pitchers. At this level I always run a 6 man, strict rotation with 90 pitch limits for each starter. Because these are mostly 19 and 20 year old kids and I like to bring them along slowly. As such, with a bullpen of as many as 16 relievers (set as relief pitchers, btw), I have my Relievers hook slider set one click away from quickest and the prefer L/R equally optimized. My expectation would be that I'd see a parade of relievers following the starter. Yet, this rarely happens, and I'm much more likely to see a reliever throw 2+ innings. So I've come to the conclusion that these particular sliders have no effect. I can (mostly) accomplish what I want by setting each reliever's pitch count and hook sliders, along with the override of team settings.
t-bone shuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 06:05 AM   #6
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Another game that made me crazy. Game 2 of the WS. Two relievers got plate appearances. Two rested relievers never pitched. Starting catcher and cleanup hitter was removed in the 6th (there a way to just disable double switches?). Have the "pinch hit for pitchers" slider as high as it goes and in a game where we were down 5-0 from the start and never closer than 5-2, we didn't use a pinch hitter until the 9th.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 06-20-2019, 08:32 AM   #7
redmoss2
Minors (Rookie Ball)

A pirate walks into the bar with a steering wheel in his pants. He asks for some rum. The bartender says, "Yes, but sir, do you realize you have a steering wheel in your pants?"

The pirate says, "Arr! It's driving me nuts!"

Sorry
redmoss2 is offline   Reply With Quote