Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 03-31-2016, 05:33 PM   #101
Mike D
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirates View Post
Can someone explain to me what the huge fascination is, in having women play in a men's game?
Where you not loved as a child?
Old 03-31-2016, 05:35 PM   #102
Hammercraft
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Can someone explain to me what the huge fascination is, in having women play in a men's game?
You're thinking of football. Baseball is a kids' game.

Entertaining yourself with facsimiles of humans and your imagination has been practiced for millennia. We're using pixels, but it's still playing with dolls.

Last edited by Hammercraft; 03-31-2016 at 05:40 PM.
Hammercraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 05:46 PM   #103
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
I have copied Mike D's avatar and assigned it to one of my many female trainers/doctors in my league. Not one of my players has complained, but I have noticed an increase in clubhouse visits.

(I wish we had better control over mass inserts of personnel for our leagues!)
Old 03-31-2016, 05:49 PM   #104
injury log
Hall Of Famer

Maybe I shouldn't ask, but the answer might help me to understand a part of the world that I don't understand now. If I came to this forum and suggested OOTP introduce a 'Senior's League' feature, and pointed out that I can almost do that now, but just need a pitching model where guys throw in the 60 mph range, there are a lot of reactions I'd find reasonable:

"I wouldn't be interested in playing that way"

"I don't think it's worth the time to implement that"

"I don't think that feature would lead more people to buy the game"

"That's more complicated than it seems, because the current development model doesn't work for 50 year old players"

These opinions might be right or wrong, but they're perfectly rational and sensible objections. But I'd be completely stunned if someone replied like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padreman View Post
This thread should be closed and die
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
This thread really is an embarrassment
These replies don't object to the feature itself. They object to even discussing the feature. And I can't imagine a single feature idea besides "implement female players" that would ever inspire responses like these. What is it about simply discussing this feature that is so threatening to you?

Obviously enough people find the discussion interesting that it has gone on for six pages. If you don't like it, there's no reason you need to read it.

Last edited by injury log; 03-31-2016 at 05:50 PM.
injury log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 06:14 PM   #105
malor
Major Leagues

This would be a great feature to add. Would love to see female players, owners, coaches, etc. in the game. It would add more interest and provide more play variety.

Tim
malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 06:24 PM   #106
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

I wonder how many times one person can repeat "the fantasy tail is trying to wag the OOTP dog"? lol.

I do agree though that adding females just for the sake of cosmetics doesn't add much to the game.

Perhaps a better request would be more player creation options. Like being able to set average heights and weights, for example. That way you could create a realistic women league. You can already add a female name database through mods.

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 06:28 PM   #107
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734 View Post
I wonder how many times one person can repeat "the fantasy tail is trying to wag the OOTP dog"? lol....
He repeats that [or something like that] every time someone suggests a feature for this wonderful baseball sim that he, personally, does not like.
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 06:32 PM   #108
Tom the Fish
All Star Reserve

I go to several of these games a year and wouldn't mind making a league based on this

Japan Women's Baseball League
Tom the Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 07:27 PM   #109
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

A request to the developers: Add Females

I wouldn't mind seeing my fantasy of Mo'ne Davis pitching in the majors. A fictional woman's league would be interesting, a league of their own was one of my favorite movies growing up.

Pro basketball manager 2016 have the ability to use woman leagues and international play like the olympics and I was surprise how much I enjoyed playing a woman's league in Europe and taking over the USA woman's team. I am looking forward to the devs adding the WNBA in the future.

Last edited by SirMichaelJordan; 03-31-2016 at 07:28 PM.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 07:46 PM   #110
Hammercraft
All Star Reserve

If they just flushed out all sorts of fantasy features and created an Expansion Pack out of it I'd pay money for it.
Hammercraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 07:51 PM   #111
Pirates
Major Leagues

Instead of women why not add midgets. One actually played in the majors.

Only one midget has ever played in a major league baseball game, and his name was Eddie Gaedel. Three foot seven and weighing in at just 65 pounds, Gaedel was a surprise pinch-hitter in a St. Louis Browns double header, wearing a uniform with the number 1/8
Pirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 08:01 PM   #112
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

This thread seriously needs to go away
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 09:49 PM   #113
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

one of my favorite modes in Fifa last year was the inclusion of the Women's national teams.

BTW if they ever add women to ootp, I want my pawn to do this:

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet

Last edited by jpeters1734; 03-31-2016 at 09:52 PM.
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 11:07 PM   #114
dewelar
Minors (Triple A)

I'd like to toss my support behind the idea of having the ability to have female personnel in the game. Mainly, of course, we should be able to represent people like Hall of Famer Effa Manley, current MLB executive Kim Ng, and the many others mentioned upthread properly. Also, on a personal level, for the sake of our enjoyment (my wife also plays) the league that we currently run has the teams set up to be owned and operated by the casts of various movies, TV shows and book series. We're still getting used to having, say, Ellen Ripley or Hermione Granger referred to as "he", and would prefer not to have to do that .
dewelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 11:13 PM   #115
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by risp2out View Post
I hope that one day, in the not too distant future, we will be able to play with historical negro league players and teams, and when we do, I want to manage The Indianapolis Clowns and their female infielder, Toni Stone.
You can now. With Spritze DB and there are at least 2 NNL QS's out there. Tex , No Pepper and others have made all the jerseys. It is included, not yet and hopefully someday it will be but it is easy to do so far.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 11:23 PM   #116
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing my fantasy of Mo'ne Davis pitching in the majors. A fictional woman's league would be interesting, a league of their own was one of my favorite movies growing up.

Pro basketball manager 2016 have the ability to use woman leagues and international play like the olympics and I was surprise how much I enjoyed playing a woman's league in Europe and taking over the USA woman's team. I am looking forward to the devs adding the WNBA in the future.
She had a good rookie season, dont know why she is still in the minors.
Attached Images
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 11:44 PM   #117
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
the quote is more for reference in the first paragraph below, but a general response to alot of the comments:

someone wanted that as an option and simply asked a very normal and basic question. seems totally reasonable and does not negatively influence any other person's gameplay, if it were added to the game.

while the opposition, like yourself, say purport things like the game of baseball is a man's exclusive domain. what nonsense.

the real question is what is the motivation to be so negative toward a seemingly simple feature request.

when someone asks for a feature i don't like, i don't act like a negative nancy. the 'immersion' folks really get me riled up. talk about a waste of resources, lol...Really? pre-fab stories gets your rocks off? hey... whatever floats your tuna boat. imo, just a waste of space and it's so obvious it's cookie cutter stuff - because you can't avoid it.

did you know:

there are still tribal populations today in the world where the woman is the aggressor and the man cooks and takes care fo the home. don't think for a second that your concept of what a "Man" is based in the genetics of your gender. most of what you think a "man" represents is 99% culturally constructed nonsense.

Last edited by NoOne; 03-31-2016 at 11:45 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 12:06 AM   #118
Silent_Thunder
Minors (Triple A)

This thread is an utter embarassment and most of you should be ashamed of yourselves. It's amazing how a simple topic can degrade so fast and so hard.

Note: Because I know someone is going to intentionally misinterpret it, no, I'm not against making off-color jokes, and those who are are fine, it's the ones who seem to be legit offended that someone wants to play the game in a different way I have a problem with.

Last edited by Silent_Thunder; 04-01-2016 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Added the note
Silent_Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 12:20 AM   #119
msupoke
All Star Reserve

I think adding women to the game is a great idea. My players are always complaining about not having sandwiches
msupoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 12:35 AM   #120
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
She had a good rookie season, dont know why she is still in the minors.

Lol I'm surprised the facegen looks pretty feminine considering the lack of hair.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote