Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML

Old 02-06-2019, 01:57 PM   #21
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Location: Somewhere in the United States of America on God's Earth
Yes, I do plan to create this league, or try to recreate it, if I've tried to create it before. It's one of the leagues I've been wanting to start up for quite some time, and create a real history and all for, in truth. I don't know if anyone else is willing or able to work on these things, and I can live with some variances, if need be, for at least a little while, I think. Perhaps the simple ones could be like the real-world ones from the 19th Century here in North America, et cetera, and later versions could fit later times, of course?

Try the best you can here with colors and/or logos, okay? If something doesn't quite work, we can try and see if we can think of things that do.

I can be patient here with anyone who tries to help me here, for sure. At least for a while longer, that is, Eugene. I mean, I've been waiting for a good while already with several other requests, no doubt. What's a few more weeks, at least, when that's considered here? CD out.
Clovidequano Dovatha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 03:08 PM   #22
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovidequano Dovatha View Post
Yes, I do plan to create this league, or try to recreate it, if I've tried to create it before. It's one of the leagues I've been wanting to start up for quite some time, and create a real history and all for, in truth. I don't know if anyone else is willing or able to work on these things, and I can live with some variances, if need be, for at least a little while, I think. Perhaps the simple ones could be like the real-world ones from the 19th Century here in North America, et cetera, and later versions could fit later times, of course?

Try the best you can here with colors and/or logos, okay? If something doesn't quite work, we can try and see if we can think of things that do.

I can be patient here with anyone who tries to help me here, for sure. At least for a while longer, that is, Eugene. I mean, I've been waiting for a good while already with several other requests, no doubt. What's a few more weeks, at least, when that's considered here? CD out.
This may take me 3 months for the 24-team league... 12 in the Major League and 12 Minor League teams.

I will do one team with logo, jersey and cap and see if you like it.

Please tell me if you don't like my work... it will not hurt my feelings.

Please understand I won't have the time to make changes... you will take it as it is... or not at all.

Agreed?
Eugene Church is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 03:30 PM   #23
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Agreed, that's fair. As long as we're honest with each other, I think we can figure things out as we go, as needed and possible. Let's try to stick at least with the colors, though, if not also the team or league names as well as we can, okay? As I said, I can be patient, and besides, there are other things that interest me as well, of course. Such as writing, for example.

If it might help you, perhaps I can even try to do some digging online as well? I spend a lot of time surfing the Web when I can, after all. I'll also try to firm up more details related to the applicable fictional nation, as well, as quickly as I can, which might help everyone who might contribute to this sort of thing too, in some way. Thank you for your honesty. Hopefully, we can have a good, if not great, dynasty-type thing come out of those, of course, in the near future.

Until later, then, I'll close this. Thanks again for your time here. CD out.
Old 02-06-2019, 03:40 PM   #24
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Let me check my notes and things related to this nation before you start. We should probably go alphabetically, team name-wise, by location, starting with the top league. Which means we should start with Amjasi, I believe. I'll get back to you by tomorrow, sometime, if I can, on Amjasi, at least. Please stay tuned. Not on my laptop at the moment, and my notes are upstairs now. CD out.
Old 02-06-2019, 07:10 PM   #25
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

I'll use this list to work on:

The teams in the Follis Division would be as follows:

Folliston Cupids (Main colors would be red, pink, white, and blue)
Rocíoton Camels (Main colors would be black, tan, red, and white)
Slaabojevo Knights (Main colors would be blue, gold, and red)
Tracyton Huskies (Main colors would be brown, white, and blue)
Tran City Bucks (Main colors would be green, white, brown, and tan)
Willson Athletics (Main colors would be blue, white, and green)

The teams in the Gens Division would be as follows:

Amjasi Hornets (Main colors would be navy, yellow, green, and white)
Benclimil Chargers (Main colors would be red, white, and brown)
Olsonton Vikings (Main colors would be black, gold, and red)
Sara City Rockets (Main colors would be purple, white, and orange)
Sarahnapool Cougars (Main colors would be yellow, blue, and copper)
Shmala Bears (Main colors would be black, silver, and orange)
Old 02-06-2019, 07:11 PM   #26
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

This is list #2:

Dovatha Division:

Dutch Cove Raiders (parent club Olsonton Vikings, colors should be similar)
Lima Llamas (parent club Rocíoton Camels, colors should be similar)
Odanoskiko Stags (parent club Tran CIty Bucks, colors should be similar)
Ottoskarje Lynx (parent club Sarahnapool Cougars, colors should be similar)
St. Peter Hearts (parent club Folliston Cupids, colors should be similar)
Tierra De Oro Mustangs (parent club Benclimil Chargers, colors should be similar)

Wufazevir Division:

Aaronville Bruins (parent club Shmala Bears, colors should be similar)
Bublitz City Squires (parent club Slaabojevo Knights, colors should be similar)
Damonopolis Bulldogs (parent club Tracyton Huskies, colors should be similar)
Mankato Challengers (parent club Willson Athletics, colors should be similar)
Odlasvoi Stingers (parent club Amjasi Hornets, colors should be similar)
Rainbow Bay Satellites (parent club Tran City Rockets, colors should be similar) NOTE: THE PARENT TEAM OF RAINBOW VALLEY IS THE SARA CITY ROCKETS... TRAN CITY IS THE HUSKIES.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 02-11-2019 at 11:40 PM.
Old 02-06-2019, 08:39 PM   #27
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Yes, that's the list of places in question here. Give me at least a day to see if I can find notes related to those places, and I'll write more about them as I can, so that you may be able to design the sets and all accordingly, okay?

I also have begun using the park generator tool for the dimensions, but no stadiums are yet made for those teams, unfortunately. Maybe someone else can make the stadiums for me, once they have those dimensions and the related information provided for them as well?

Speaking of which, I have the dimensions for the Hornets' stadium here in front of me. The park will be called Hornets Hive.

LFL: 273 feet down the line, with a 39-foot wall height.
LF: 321 feet and 39-foot wall
LCF: 389 feet and 39-foot wall
CF: 420 and 20-foot wall
RCF: 374 and 17-foot wall
RF: 336 and 13-foot wall
RFL: 314 and 8-foot wall

Open stadium
Grass surface
Extra Small foul area
Elevation 406 feet
Capacity 39,572

Mow pattern: Cross-hatched diamonds
Pitcher's Lane: On
Distance Markers off
On-Deck Circles on

Average LHB 1.078
Average RHB 1.155
Doubles 1.099
Triples 0.699
HR LHB 1.269
HR RHB 1.305

Temperature/Precipitation

January 37/3
February 45/3
March 53/4
April 57/4
May 66/4
June 73/4
July 82/4
August 75/4
September 64/3
October 54/3
November 44/3
December 34/3

Average Wind 5

Ambient Temperature 69.5
Average Temperature 69.5
Average Rain 3.8

Carry Left 0
Carry Center 0
Carry Right 2

I'll have to think of the design style a bit for Hornets Hive, though, I think, before I can be more descriptive here, for the park makers here who may not mind making parks here for these teams to play in. Same thing for a number of the other teams listed above, I'm sure, as well. But as for Folliston's Heartsongs Field, I'll probably want it to have a feel much like a blend of various St. Louis-area ballparks, past and present, if I'm not too mistaken here.

Thanks for your time, Eugene. I'll have to think more about Amjasi and the other locations as time permits, and all, but I at least envision Amjasi as being inland and with railroad lines, et cetera, in or near its general area. Not sure if it'll be in a hillier area or more elevated area, in terms of generally prevailing terrain near the city and the related park, but it's certainly not going to be on the coast, in any case.

Until next time, I'll close this. Let me get back to you more on Amjasi later, please, as soon as possible. CD out.

Last edited by Clovidequano Dovatha; 02-06-2019 at 08:40 PM.
Old 02-06-2019, 11:14 PM   #28
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes, that's the list of places in question here. Give me at least a day to see if I can find notes related to those places, and I'll write more about them as I can, so that you may be able to design the sets and all accordingly, okay?

I also have begun using the park generator tool for the dimensions, but no stadiums are yet made for those teams, unfortunately. Maybe someone else can make the stadiums for me, once they have those dimensions and the related information provided for them as well?

Speaking of which, I have the dimensions for the Hornets' stadium here in front of me. The park will be called Hornets Hive.

LFL: 273 feet down the line, with a 39-foot wall height.
LF: 321 feet and 39-foot wall
LCF: 389 feet and 39-foot wall
CF: 420 and 20-foot wall
RCF: 374 and 17-foot wall
RF: 336 and 13-foot wall
RFL: 314 and 8-foot wall

Open stadium
Grass surface
Extra Small foul area
Elevation 406 feet
Capacity 39,572

Mow pattern: Cross-hatched diamonds
Pitcher's Lane: On
Distance Markers off
On-Deck Circles on

Average LHB 1.078
Average RHB 1.155
Doubles 1.099
Triples 0.699
HR LHB 1.269
HR RHB 1.305

Temperature/Precipitation

January 37/3
February 45/3
March 53/4
April 57/4
May 66/4
June 73/4
July 82/4
August 75/4
September 64/3
October 54/3
November 44/3
December 34/3

Average Wind 5

Ambient Temperature 69.5
Average Temperature 69.5
Average Rain 3.8

Carry Left 0
Carry Center 0
Carry Right 2

I'll have to think of the design style a bit for Hornets Hive, though, I think, before I can be more descriptive here, for the park makers here who may not mind making parks here for these teams to play in. Same thing for a number of the other teams listed above, I'm sure, as well. But as for Folliston's Heartsongs Field, I'll probably want it to have a feel much like a blend of various St. Louis-area ballparks, past and present, if I'm not too mistaken here.

Thanks for your time, Eugene. I'll have to think more about Amjasi and the other locations as time permits, and all, but I at least envision Amjasi as being inland and with railroad lines, et cetera, in or near its general area. Not sure if it'll be in a hillier area or more elevated area, in terms of generally prevailing terrain near the city and the related park, but it's certainly not going to be on the coast, in any case.

Until next time, I'll close this. Let me get back to you more on Amjasi later, please, as soon as possible. CD out.
CD, I don't need any more information about the towns... I have all I need: the town names and the nicknames.

Don't get your hopes up about people making stadiums for you... I don't think many people make stadiums... at one time there were 4-5 of them, but that was years ago and there are no longer around on the Forums.

One of the best stadium designers said it took 100 hours to make a stadium.

Your best bet is to download stadiums that are already made.

You should also consider using teams that already have logos, jerseys and caps... it would make it much less time-consuming for you.

Do you know how to install stadiums, logos, jerseys and caps into your league?... that is quite a task if you are not good with computers.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 02-06-2019 at 11:15 PM.
Old 02-06-2019, 11:23 PM   #29
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Yes, I do, fortunately. That long, really, to make a stadium? I didn't know that.

I'll see what I can find for sufficiently workable stadiums for the above teams, then. There are some new stadium makers, and there are still a few around, here.

But seeing as there isn't actually an island nation in the middle of the North Atlantic Ocean, the weather and terrain bits, et cetera, may be at least a little bit more complicated to figure out, I'm quite sure. That won't stop me, though, I believe, here.

As for time constraints, I often have a lot of free time, I think, in my life, even with everything I typically involve myself with, Eugene. Thanks for your advice, though. I'll try to keep it in mind. Both for stadiums and/or logos, et cetera, in any case.

Take care, and I have no doubt that you may be able to come up with some workable things here, Lord willing, and all, of course. CD out.
Old 02-07-2019, 04:34 AM   #30
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

I don't know if it will fit in with your plans or not, but eriqjaffe created an online 2-D ballpark generator that is super easy to use and accepts the parameters you set forth in your posts. Might be worth looking into. The link is in his sig file.

Also, let me just throw in my 2 cents and vouch for GIMP. Like you, I can't afford Photoshop, but even if I could, I'd still use GIMP. I love it for cleaning up logos and such, and even on the occasions when I have to get in and scrub pixel-by-pixel. A combination of GIMP and the tools created by Eriq and justafan are all I need.

Good luck, and I'm glad that Eugene is helping you out. He is one of the good guys.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 07:40 AM   #31
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

I did use the park generator for the desired dimensions and park factors related to the Hornets Hive stadium. But I don't have the stadium yet. Maybe someone might be able to make it once I provide more details about Amjasi?

That might take a little while to figure out. But let's take things here one step at a time. First, let's get the team-related sets figured out first, whether it's easy or hard to do, or somewhere in between. Then that should give us more ideas we can use for the stadiums each team might need made for them so that I can use them for any version of Out of the Park Baseball that I might have at any time, I think.

I don't know how good Eugene is with drawing logos, either on paper or on the computer, but I'm still trusting that he'll do the best work he can. As will anyone else who might help me with this project, of course. It may not be easy for him, or me, but with the Lord's help and leading and all, I think whatever comes out here might turn out better than expected, somehow. At least that's my hope. His logos seem to be good, and perhaps might be usable for lower-level teams, if and when I'm able to further develop the fictional nation of Slaabovia well enough. For some of those teams, I might use various items I've already collected, and even some I haven't yet gathered. Not sure yet.

Of course, if I could finally lock down at least one map for that nation, and be able to determine proper coordinates for the fictional places in question, et cetera, that would be great, as well, I'm sure. That's another thing I want to do this year, if I can, for multiple reasons. Especially for story-related purposes, I really want to finally lock down a lot of details relating to that particular nation and/or any number of other potentially associated fictional ones, most definitely.

Thank you for your time, everyone. CD out.
Old 02-07-2019, 07:57 AM   #32
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

I have also used the park generator for parks which Benclimil, Folliston, Olsonton, and Rocíoton will play in, as soon as possible, in fact. But as with the Hornets Hive stadium, the actual stadiums are not yet built, of course.

The Hornets will play in Hornets Hive, the Chargers in Chargers Corral, the Cupids in Heartsongs Field, the Vikings in Valhalla Stadium, and the Camels in Camels Park. I do not have names yet for the other parks, nor dimensions or park factors for them, but those things will come as they come, if and when they do. As will other related details, I'm sure.

Maybe if I'm better able to lock down various nation-related details, things might be much easier for us all here, of course. At least that's my hope, anyway. CD out.
Old 02-07-2019, 12:17 PM   #33
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I have also used the park generator for parks which Benclimil, Folliston, Olsonton, and Rocíoton will play in, as soon as possible, in fact. But as with the Hornets Hive stadium, the actual stadiums are not yet built, of course.

The Hornets will play in Hornets Hive, the Chargers in Chargers Corral, the Cupids in Heartsongs Field, the Vikings in Valhalla Stadium, and the Camels in Camels Park. I do not have names yet for the other parks, nor dimensions or park factors for them, but those things will come as they come, if and when they do. As will other related details, I'm sure.

Maybe if I'm better able to lock down various nation-related details, things might be much easier for us all here, of course. At least that's my hope, anyway. CD out.
CD, you are a man after my own heart... I like the way you tie in stadium names with the team nicknames... and the way you want to connect the major team with its minor-league team.

I love that you are a man of faith and depend on God and are willing to quietly state it without offending anyone... I get the feeling you are "a man after God's own heart"... though David was a flawed human being... just like all of us… he did his best to try and please God... don't you wish ever one of us would try to do that, too... the world would be a lot nicer place.

I can see God already working to help you set up your league... He is sending people to help you.

You are getting some good advice.

I think you are going to do alright... it may not be exactly as you want it... you have some very lofty dreams... but hey, we'll help you get part of the way.

God will do the rest.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 02-07-2019 at 12:21 PM.
Old 02-07-2019, 12:26 PM   #34
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

I'm going to work on your first team set... probably will not be in the order you want them... I intend to use already-created logos, jerseys and caps to get you started... this will make the work go quicker.

I'm going to try and use logos created for me by the OOTP Graphics Gurus and adapt them to your league.

For instance, in my Islandian Pro Alliance, I have a team named the Lynx... I will try to use them for your league team... I hoping to use my Home jerseys for your Home jerseys... the Home teams only have their nicknames on them... all I will have to do is change the Cap initials.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 02-07-2019 at 12:40 PM.
Old 02-07-2019, 02:24 PM   #35
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

I reworked the Ottoskarje Lynx set... they didn't match in color and theme.

Also think I found a better mascot image... with better colors than the first set.

I posted them later in this thread.

Hope you like them.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 02-10-2019 at 10:31 PM.
Old 02-07-2019, 03:36 PM   #36
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Ottoskarje, not Ottoskarge, in terms of the logo, Eugene. I'm still using 300x300 logos when I can, seeing as I still haven't installed 19, even though it's been bought, as has FHM 5. I believe I have FHM 3, but not FHM 4, if memory serves. Perhaps the listed colors could be each team's preferred and/or best-known colors, in time?

The colors may not be exactly what I might have in mind for the Lynx, ultimately. But the home looks good enough to use for now, once I get the needed league going well enough later on, Lord willing, of course. The wordmark seems good on the home, as well.

For fonts, there are many sites with free fonts available, no doubt. If there could be updates to the appropriate software, perhaps someday, we could all use templates for caps, logos, and/or uniforms that would allow us to fill in those templates pixel-by-pixel, if we felt the need or desire to do that at all. I often used to do that for items usable in that virtual world I was part of years ago before it closed suddenly with only a few days of advance notice. If it were possible to do that sort of thing here as well, I think you all would be much more likely to see more things posted by me here, if I'm not too mistaken here, Eugene.

Thank you for your kind comments above, as well. It warms my heart to know there are still good and decent people in this world, even though the world is heading into greater and greater danger in many ways, every single day, for sure. Thankfully, while I don't know exactly what the future holds in store, obviously, I STILL know Who holds it all in His Holy Hands, and I absolutely trust Him with it, no matter what may and does happen in time for it. That will NEVER change, for sure. CD out.
Old 02-07-2019, 03:43 PM   #37
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Although perhaps the spelling with the g instead of the j could be a German or Danish or Dutch version for the city's name? Just a thought here, that's all. CD out.
Old 02-07-2019, 03:47 PM   #38
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Actually, it's not Tran CIty, but Tran City, just so you know. CD out.
Old 02-07-2019, 04:05 PM   #39
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Although perhaps the spelling with the g instead of the j could be a German or Danish or Dutch version for the city's name? Just a thought here, that's all. CD out.
Sorry, I will fix it.

I got another Lynx image... I think it works better than the other one.

Hope you like it.

Here is the secondary logo for Ottoskarje Lynx.
Attached Images

Last edited by Eugene Church; 02-07-2019 at 11:30 PM.
Old 02-07-2019, 04:10 PM   #40
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ottoskarje, not Ottoskarge, in terms of the logo, Eugene. I'm still using 300x300 logos when I can, seeing as I still haven't installed 19, even though it's been bought, as has FHM 5. I believe I have FHM 3, but not FHM 4, if memory serves. Perhaps the listed colors could be each team's preferred and/or best-known colors, in time?

The colors may not be exactly what I might have in mind for the Lynx, ultimately. But the home looks good enough to use for now, once I get the needed league going well enough later on, Lord willing, of course. The wordmark seems good on the home, as well.

For fonts, there are many sites with free fonts available, no doubt. If there could be updates to the appropriate software, perhaps someday, we could all use templates for caps, logos, and/or uniforms that would allow us to fill in those templates pixel-by-pixel, if we felt the need or desire to do that at all. I often used to do that for items usable in that virtual world I was part of years ago before it closed suddenly with only a few days of advance notice. If it were possible to do that sort of thing here as well, I think you all would be much more likely to see more things posted by me here, if I'm not too mistaken here, Eugene.

Thank you for your kind comments above, as well. It warms my heart to know there are still good and decent people in this world, even though the world is heading into greater and greater danger in many ways, every single day, for sure. Thankfully, while I don't know exactly what the future holds in store, obviously, I STILL know Who holds it all in His Holy Hands, and I absolutely trust Him with it, no matter what may and does happen in time for it. That will NEVER change, for sure. CD out.
As I told you when I use a mascot image, I have to use the colors of the original... I don't know how to change colors on mascots.

As far as fonts, I don't know how to download the free fonts and install them on my computer... too complex for me... it sure would be nice to have access to fancy script fonts and swooshes.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 02-07-2019 at 06:02 PM.