Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 05-29-2011, 11:15 PM   #1
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Editing Player Stats

I've edited some players' stats in a fictional league I'm doing but they're not showing up in the game. I have simmed several weeks ahead but they still haven't shown up. I don't want to start the season until I get these stats to show up. I'm trying to add career stats to players and get new ratings for those players based on those stats. Anyone have any insight or advice? Thanks.
OBSL Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:50 AM   #2
paulskln
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBSL Commish View Post
I've edited some players' stats in a fictional league I'm doing but they're not showing up in the game. I have simmed several weeks ahead but they still haven't shown up. I don't want to start the season until I get these stats to show up. I'm trying to add career stats to players and get new ratings for those players based on those stats. Anyone have any insight or advice? Thanks.
i may be wrong but i think you need to get your scout to rescout the player...it states in the editor this i believe.
paulskln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:29 AM   #3
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
Quote:
As 1 who creates on avg 100 players a yr for each of my 2 leagues i am not totally sure i understand what u r trying to do or did.....

U put in their career totals in the editor? or career avg? (doesnt matter just wondering)
depending on when u did the edits by preseason the new ratings will show up, by start of spring training or if they r draft eligible by draft day...otherwise do a rescout form the League Options/Rules.
Also dont forget ratings are based off of your scout they may be worse then what u believe them to be.
ex. My new scout has me ranked at 8/8 in RF and basically 7's for offense whereas last yr under a great scout i was 10/10 and 9's.
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:29 AM   #4
Chicagofan76
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulskln View Post
...it states in the editor this i believe.
Yoda!
Old 05-30-2011, 11:48 PM   #5
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

I did the rescout and the ratings show up fine. But I want the past years' stats to show up as well. I'm trying to create some history and play out some scenarios with certain players and get some good career totals going but they're not happening.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:32 AM   #6
Chicagofan76
Banned

Quote:
I did the rescout and the ratings show up fine. But I want the past years' stats to show up as well. I'm trying to create some history and play out some scenarios with certain players and get some good career totals going but they're not happening.
how r u trying to edit career stats?
Old 05-31-2011, 11:31 AM   #7
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagofan76 View Post
how r u trying to edit career stats?
I export the stats to text files, open them in Excel, enter in all the appropriate stats, save them as text files, and re-import them back into the game.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:57 PM   #8
Chicagofan76
Banned

Quote:
I export the stats to text files, open them in Excel, enter in all the appropriate stats, save them as text files, and re-import them back into the game.
ok, wanted to check to see if u werent trying to do something weird on that....I havent done that in awhile so when u reimport...
1. so when u edit and reimport the new stats arent showing up at all in game?
Old 05-31-2011, 08:02 PM   #9
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
ok, wanted to check to see if u werent trying to do something weird on that....I havent done that in awhile so when u reimport...
1. so when u edit and reimport the new stats arent showing up at all in game?
Nope, not at all. They don't show up in a player's career stats at all, not on their profile pages nor their BNN player pages. All it shows is the stats that have come through simming the games, not through the editing process.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:27 PM   #10
Chicagofan76
Banned

Quote:
Nope, not at all. They don't show up in a player's career stats at all, not on their profile pages nor their BNN player pages. All it shows is the stats that have come through simming the games, not through the editing process.
I will check on my game to see what shows up, but i am kinda baffled i did it once and they showed up.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:06 AM   #11
Carplos
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
You can't edit career stats.
Carplos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:40 AM   #12
Chicagofan76
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carplos View Post
You can't edit career stats.
u cant export stats and reimport them? I could have sworn that i did it once but figured editing over 20,000 worth of players wasnt worth it.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:18 AM   #13
sporr
Global Moderator

Quote:
u cant export stats and reimport them? I could have sworn that i did it once but figured editing over 20,000 worth of players wasnt worth it.
Yeah, you can edit stats just as you said for active players. The only exception is retired players. I just did this a couple weeks ago to correct some irregularities:

1) Export stats
2) Open the file up in an editor
3) Make corrections and save file
4) Reimport file in the game

Are you sure you are reimporting the correct file and not importing another file that didn't have changes made to it?
sporr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:24 AM   #14
Carplos
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Quote:
I know there's a stat export option and re-import, but I don't remember it allowing you re-import altered career stats.
Carplos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:09 PM   #15
Chicagofan76
Banned

OBSL I cant access my .lg folders without Windows Explorer crashing on me...this started a few weeks back so i cant even test what we were talking about, sorry.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:46 PM   #16
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporr View Post
Yeah, you can edit stats just as you said for active players. The only exception is retired players. I just did this a couple weeks ago to correct some irregularities:

1) Export stats
2) Open the file up in an editor
3) Make corrections and save file
4) Reimport file in the game

Are you sure you are reimporting the correct file and not importing another file that didn't have changes made to it?
I was only trying to do this for active players. I just wanted to create some history without simming many seasons at once which seemed more time-consuming.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:47 PM   #17
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
OBSL I cant access my .lg folders without Windows Explorer crashing on me...this started a few weeks back so i cant even test what we were talking about, sorry.
No problem. Thanks for trying.